SportsWrath

TO BEAT A DEAD HORSE !!

Martin

the biggest issue in my mind is DT !!! YEs ! It just cant be overstated how important this

position is for the Giants. The reason why is very simple.

We have possibly the 2 best DE's in the NFL with Stray and OSi but the problem is

we dont have 1 high level DT that can command a double team !!! So the opposing offense

doubles up on Stray and OSi and leave the middle alone one on one!! They also use

TE's and RBs to chip at stray and osi !! IF the Giants were to get in FA a DT that would

have to be double teamed from time to time that would cause lots of problems for the opposing

QB!! IF you noticed last year the time the QB had to throw was more than it should be because

the opposing QB's can step up in the pocket. We need a DT that can colpase the pocket and get that

push up the middle so its hard to step up and then we can have our dynamic ends clean up!!!

Right now as it stands we have A players on the ends and B to C+ players in the middle.

One very high level DT would create havoic !!!! Osi and Stray would be utilized to their

full potential but until they address this the D line of scrimage will be inconsistant and with

the upgrades in the NFC east there will be a tuff road ahead.

Joseph is inconsistant

Robbins is a question mark with weight and TC's dog house attitude problem maybe.

K. Allen I like but i'm not sure starter material

same goes for Duckett.

With the loss of Clancy its amazing that the giants would even consider Keshawn Johnson when

we need a DT in the worst way!! LB's cannot compensate for a weak D line of scrimage. Forget Arrington !!

My $2.50 worth of opinion! Whats your opinion ????????? :P

Have a great day ! :TU:

Guest nosebleed

What the fuck are they waiting for, September?? They have nobody to start, but Ernie decides to wait, this dude is clueless.

Maybe he should offer a 34 year old scumbag 5 million to be the third receiver.

Guest Lockhart
What the fuck are they waiting for, September?? They have nobody to start, but Ernie decides to wait, this dude is clueless.

Maybe he should offer a 34 year old scumbag 5 million to be the third receiver.

Yes........Yes he is. No.

It's "Spring Break" in the Giant front office.

Edited by Lockhart

Guest Floyd The Barber

we will wait, until there are absolutely NO options left...then enter camp with a gaping hole at DT like we have since the departure of Keith...

Guest Nutty Sack

Tim Lewis will need to institute the 2 /5 defense. Who knows maybe it will work ??

Oh Ernie........come out come out from where ever you are ?? Your hide and seek playing days are over !!

Guest nosebleed

If they have plans on starting the Horrible Haitian again, they should try other options, like a bag of rocks and a tackling dummy, each play at the same speed and will make as many plays.

According to the Star-Ledger DT Brentson Buckners agent spoke with the Giants via email. He said "they are waiting until next week before they address defensive tackle." Mavrikes said the Giants are one of six teams the Buckner would consider joining.

Link to the article

6 teams going after a 1 DT doesnt give me the warm fuzzies yet!

I hope this issue is resolved. I'm sure that all the giant experts are aware

of this hole to fill. What happened with Grady ?

Guest nosebleed

Experts?????? Are these the same experts who were offering a 34 year old piece of dog shit 3 million per???

I wouldnt get my panties all up in a bunch just yet. The same options from a week ago are still available today. We also have the draft. Clancy wasnt a huge part of our team and he is very easily replaceable. I rather EA take his time and find the right deal rather then rush into a signing and overspend. If we leave the draft without a tackle then we have reason to be concerned. Starting a different thread nearly every day or mentioning in every single thread about the DT situation isnt going to speed things up.

Guest Floyd The Barber

i am more concerned with finding TACKLES that can be centerpieces for years and years to come...im tired of this band-aid approach we have taken over the past several years...and it hasnt worked

Grady as well as Adams are still available. There are 4 teams reportedly interested in Grady we are one of those teams.

i am more concerned with finding TACKLES that can be centerpieces for years and years to come...im tired of this band-aid approach we have taken over the past several years...and it hasnt worked

Well then you must be talking about finding one in the draft. . . ?

The best available right now are all older players and "quick fixes" for the short term. But if you want a long term DT for the best price its the draft that you should be looking forward to.

Experts?????? Are these the same experts who were offering a 34 year old piece of dog shit 3 million per???

yes those experts do have me worried !!!

How they offered johnson that is beyond me.

If ELi isnt accurate this year it wont matter if we had

TO, Marvin Harrison and Randy Moss !!!!!!!!

Yet we need johnson?????

plax shockey toomer and tiki isnt enough

Guest Lockhart
yes those experts do have me worried !!!

How they offered johnson that is beyond me.

If ELi isnt accurate this year it wont matter if we had

TO, Marvin Harrison and Randy Moss !!!!!!!!

Yet we need johnson?????

plax shockey toomer and tiki isnt enough

I certainly agree with you and I also think for the Giants to do well in 2006, the defense will have to be special. That said, I've given up on Ernie. I just sit and watch and shake my head in disgust when bad things happen - what else can we do? He lost Clancy about 10 days ago, and immediately started talking to Keyshanw - go figure. At least this is the last year of this kind of malaise.

Martin, please stop starting new threads on the same topic. One thread will suffice; bump an old one instead of starting a new one. Otherwise I'll have to start deleting new threads that rehash current topics.

I will go out on a limb and say that if the Giants obtain a

very good DT and if Eli keeps improving and if we only

sustain minor injuries the team will go deep into the playoffs

this year. I believe that the secondary is much

improved because of the changes that were made. But remember

nothing helps out a secondary more than a very active D line and

pass rush or a Qb that is hurried or knocked down !!

DT is the key component ! let all pray that ernie can make a deal !!! :confused::rock:

Martin, please stop starting new threads on the same topic. One thread will suffice; bump an old one instead of starting a new one. Otherwise I'll have to start deleting new threads that rehash current topics.

back from school? did you have your milk and cookies and watch your

favorite cartoons??

dont forget your homework!

:P

yes sir !!! i will bump next time i dont want ya ta exile me to siberia

like bluesunday did!!!! I hope i didnt offened anyone with

this thread. It did seem like i did get a response though!!!

No matter MR Money

i will bump , bump , bump ! I felt your intense vibe so i will do as you command!

BEcause your our leader MR Money!!! :worshippy:

If the right thing to do is bump than I will bump !!!

Dont want to piss anyone off !!!! I wouldnt be able to live with myself!!!!! :)

back from school? did you have your milk and cookies and watch your

favorite cartoons??

dont forget your homework!

:P

yes sir !!! i will bump next time i dont want ya ta exile me to siberia

like bluesunday did!!!! I hope i didnt offened anyone with

this thread. It did seem like i did get a response though!!!

No matter MR Money

i will bump , bump , bump ! I felt your intense vibe so i will do as you command!

BEcause your our leader MR Money!!! :worshippy:

If the right thing to do is bump than I will bump !!!

Dont want to piss anyone off !!!! I wouldnt be able to live with myself!!!!! :)

Recently we've getting a lot of complaints about spammers (you can probably figure out who), so we are taking the necessary measures to avoid that problem. What does starting 4 threads on the same topic accomplish that one thread cannot? Thank you for understanding.