SportsWrath

we're better without plaxico burress

Herc

we probably don't go on our improbable seattle seahawks beating run with burress. eli probably doesn't mature into the qb he is today without having the immature burress and his bad body language putting pressure on eli to make sure he gets him the ball more often. dominick hixon is better than burress based on a small sample size and could easily take over for him like boss took over for shockey. i say we trade burress to the saints

we probably don't go on our improbable seattle seahawks beating run with burress. eli probably doesn't mature into the qb he is today without having the immature burress and his bad body language putting pressure on eli to make sure he gets him the ball more often. dominick hixon is better than burress based on a small sample size and could easily take over for him like boss took over for shockey. i say we trade burress to the saints

Not just that... we should trade Jacobs and Ward while they have value and pick up some draft picks. David Carr looked pretty good too... think we could get two first rounders and a third and fifth for Eli? ;)

i heard burress wasn't even on the sidelines cheering on the giants. cancer. trade him to the saints.

he wasnt there because the giants wouldnt let him. rumor has it he was forced into the owner's box with free drinks.

I know this thread is light hearted, but please don't lump Plax in with Shockey. I was as big a Shockey fan as anyone, considered him among myt all time favorites, but it was pretty clear he had to go.

I do think it's funny how espn is all of a sudden jumping on ythis with the "the Giants don't need you Plax".

We could afford to lose Shockey, but even as deep as we appear to be, Plax is ESSENTIAL to us being competative.

I know this thread is light hearted, but please don't lump Plax in with Shockey. I was as big a Shockey fan as anyone, considered him among myt all time favorites, but it was pretty clear he had to go.

I do think it's funny how espn is all of a sudden jumping on ythis with the "the Giants don't need you Plax".

We could afford to lose Shockey, but even as deep as we appear to be, Plax is ESSENTIAL to us being competative.

i dont have a problem with the giants trading shockey--especially since the price was right--but i definitely was not one of those people who bought into the whole "the giants wouldnt have won the superbowl if shockey were there" rhetoric--that was more along the lines of what i was getting at.

I doubt the Giants would have sat him if we were playing a team with a secondary.

I think they have a secondary, but for the majority of the game Eli had great protection and he'll kill anyone when he has time. Trufant is an all-pro corner. Jennings is alright, and Deon Grant is a good free safety. I don't think they have a SS to speak of, but I think we are just too good! :rock:

I cannot WAIT for next Monday night, although, I will be in St. Maarten on my honeymoon!

I think they have a secondary, but for the majority of the game Eli had great protection and he'll kill anyone when he has time. Trufant is an all-pro corner. Jennings is alright, and Deon Grant is a good free safety. I don't think they have a SS to speak of, but I think we are just too good! :rock:

I cannot WAIT for next Monday night, although, I will be in St. Maarten on my honeymoon!

man I am getting married the weekend after.

Word is, Plaxico was sitting in a bar with a dozen beers in front of him and that he was pissed off the Giants wouldn't front the money so he could watch it at ESPNzone.

word is Plax and Shockey were in a strip joint together in Miami cursing TC and Eli

i dont have a problem with the giants trading shockey--especially since the price was right--but i definitely was not one of those people who bought into the whole "the giants wouldnt have won the superbowl if shockey were there" rhetoric--that was more along the lines of what i was getting at.

Ah, gotcha. I'm not sold either way regarding that, a case can be made for both.

man I am getting married the weekend after.

Who the fuck did you drug to pull that off?

:P Congrats.....to both of our future newlyweds.