SportsWrath

Why Eli takes forever to snap the ball

Lubeck

I know some people are getting on the offensive for using every last hundredth of a second on the play clock but what I thought was happening was confirmed this morning.

O'Hara couldn't say enough good things about Manning, and anyone's who watched much of the Giants this year sees what O'Hara sees -- the maturation of a kid who doesn't get flustered by anything. "Sometimes," O'Hara said, "Eli calls three plays in the huddle, and he'll read the defense at the line and depending on what he sees, he calls one.''

Sounds like the other Manning.

That's what I was going to say. He does the same exact thing. Payton is the best in the league at reading defenses. I wonder how many other QB's do this. I know they all audible but how many bring a few players at once to the line.

That's what I was going to say. He does the same exact thing. Payton is the best in the league at reading defenses. I wonder how many other QB's do this. I know they all audible but how many bring a few players at once to the line.

the dog always wondered about this when it came to peyton manning - every team has the ability to audible at the line to a play/blocking scheme that would be more likely to work based on what the defense is showing at the line. so why the need to call multiple plays in the huddle and then ultimately make the call at the line? doesn't it make sense to call a play in the huddle, get out to the line quickly, and then audible based on the defense...really just splitting hairs, but it seems like making multiple calls in the huddle just means less time at the line to change a decision...