SportsWrath

Tuck talks about

Lughead

TUCK: PLAXICO HAD IT COMING

By PAUL SCHWARTZ

Having players on board when a key decision is made by a coach and an organization is critical for team harmony. When it comes to the suspension of Plaxico Burress Plaxico Burress for violating team rules, one of the most forceful voices on the Giants New York Giants is giving his support.

"I can't speak for Plaxico, but as a team it's indicative of our coaches trying to make a statement as far as every guy on this football team is equal and I think [Tom Coughlin] got his point across," defensive end Justin Tuck Justin Tuck said. "I hope he got his point across."

The decision made by Coughlin and GM Jerry Reese came after Burress did not show up for work - and did not call in until late that night to explain his absence - the day after the victory over the Bengals.

"If anything, we say to Plaxico don't put yourself in that position," Tuck said.

Asked if he supported the suspension, Tuck said "Absolutely."

Coughlin said he has not spoken with Burress but that receivers coach Mike Sullivan "has been able to visit" with the suspended receiver.

"We are sincere in wanting Plaxico back," Coughlin said, "but at this point in time, we are focusing on the Seattle team and our guys getting ready to play."

Rookie WR Mario Manningham was back on the field after sitting out earlier in the week with the viral infection. If he's healthy, this could be the first time Manningham is in uniform for a game.

"He practiced pretty well for a guy who hasn't worked," Coughlin said.

Manningham said he lost five pounds. When his ailment was referred to as an upset stomach, he added, "It was really upset."

Sounds like the Locker room that we should of had when Tom took over the reins . Imagine where we would of been

I hope this isn't a whole players commenting on other players bullshit we had a few years back. When Strahan called out Plax a few years back he was called out on it, Tuck shouldn't be doing it either. Keep that nonsense in the locker room.

Remember when "General Tom" was "Parcells without the personality" who "couldn't relate to the modern player and will have trouble drawing free agents to the Giants?"

Without the Strahans, Shockeys and Barbers around to undercut him, and with guys like Tuck on board with the coach's philosophy... this can only mean good things for the Giants moving foward.

I really, REALLY like this team, in every facet, from top to bottom. :clap:

Remember when "General Tom" was "Parcells without the personality" who "couldn't relate to the modern player and will have trouble drawing free agents to the Giants?"

Without the Strahans, Shockeys and Barbers around to undercut him, and with guys like Tuck on board with the coach's philosophy... this can only mean good things for the Giants moving foward.

Hey come on now even Strahan said he was coming around to Tom in his final years and I guarantee you the locker room followed Strahan.

I like the fact that with the "Oh I'm the team players" *cough* Tiki *cough* off this team we are seeing the new philosophy with NFL teams. That teams now a days arnt going out and trying to nab all the big name high ego players..well some are but they suck but the winning teams are adapting this team aspect in the locker room. Believe in your coach and the players next to you and see what will happen.

What did Shockey ever do to undercut Coughlin? His fight was with Reese.

Hopefully this is it with the Plaxico deal.

The point has been strongly made - when a player violates TEAM rules, they're putting themselves about the team, and therefore hurting the team.

I remember a couple of years ago Coughlin benched Plax for part of the game, and all the Coughlin haters on the GMB were going apeshit about it. Funny how a SB trophy changes things.

Did anyone see what the Bears just did? they just suspended their Pro Bowl DE Tommy Harris for violating TEAM rules. It's obvious that the Bears and Giants organization dont know anything about football and are both fucking stupid for enforcing rules in their organization.

All kidding aside, all teams do this to players and I think it's right. No player is above a team and any player who thinks he is, needs to have their attitude put in check.

Hopefully this is it with the Plaxico deal.

The point has been strongly made - when a player violates TEAM rules, they're putting themselves about the team, and therefore hurting the team.

I remember a couple of years ago Coughlin benched Plax for part of the game, and all the Coughlin haters on the GMB were going apeshit about it. Funny how a SB trophy changes things.

Hell I am a recovering Coach Cheerleader Hater....almost a year in recovery. "My name is TBCvP and I used to hate Coach Cheerleader...the modern day Der Fuhrer....Hiiiii TBCvP".

So he told the truth...

"truth" doesn't have to be told in public. That's like your boss telling you suck in front of your co-workers.. and clients. Don't try to protect that childish fuck.. you know what Discipline is, Marine don't you?