SportsWrath

This squad has a lot of the giants in them

gateb

Don't take me too literally on this.

Just hearing the word resiliency and seeing the word believe on the scoreboard after the win tonight, there's just a certain feel to them. Before January I always felt the giants would find a way to lose the big games, yet they kept on coming out on top.

I feel the same vibe with the Mets. Regardless of this weekend htis is not the 07 bunch.

They certainly are a bunch that at the very least has short memories, but the Giants? This team just won a game in its last at bat vs a team with nothing to play for resting its stars and best relievers. This is not @ GB -3 degrees, know what I mean? :mellow:

I bet you Pinella wants the Mets to get the WC as I have to assume he in no way wants the Dodgers in a short series, something he gets if the Brewers get the wc. That is why I will withold my judgement until Sunday on this 140 million dollar little team that could.

They certainly are a bunch that at the very least has short memories, but the Giants? This team just won a game in its last at bat vs a team with nothing to play for resting its stars and best relievers. This is not @ GB -3 degrees, know what I mean? :mellow:

I bet you Pinella wants the Mets to get the WC as I have to assume he in no way wants the Dodgers in a short series, something he gets if the Brewers get the wc. That is why I will withold my judgement until Sunday on this 140 million dollar little team that could.

Did you not read my disclaimer where i said "don't take me too literally?"

I'm not gonna compare the greatest postseason run in NFL history to what this team has done, just pointing out the eery parallels of certain words and games that sound a lot like the Giants.

Aside from giving Marmol a break, Lou played to win his first few games while trying to give some other guys a chance. Last night's B lineup resulted from him knowing that they were going to play through rain, and that there was no point of risking any injury.

If it was 65 degrees with little clouds things mightve been different...