SportsWrath

Plaxico has been suspended

RandolphScott

"Like you did last year when you didn't practice and you led us to the World Championship

But the coach and team concept had nothing to do with that right? :rolleyes: Not practicing because you are injured is very different than just not showing up and not contacting anyone.

I think Plax' aloofness and indifference bit him in the ass this time and if you read the teams quotes, no one is bad mouthing the decision. Imagine if Shockey were here how his dumb ass would be crying?

To even suggest that Coughlin is some kind of bad person for this is assinine. Coughlin is not the first coach to suspend a player for a team infraction. Good for Tom, let them all know who is still in charge. BTW Reese and the owners were in agreement with this.

Suspending your best WR for a GAME(last time I checked, all 16 games are going to be extra important this year, we need to edge out wins wherever we can) because he missed the Monday after the game practice, before a bye week, is completely stupid and shows the old-school, out-of-touch mentality of our organization. Plax even claims he had an emergency. Big deal, it's one practice. Plax normally comes to play(even when he doesn't practice), how in the HELL can you draw the line between creating team chemistry and fucking oneself over like this?

How is missing one practice more important than missing a game?

Suspending your best WR for a GAME(last time I checked, all 16 games are going to be extra important this year, we need to edge out wins wherever we can) because he missed the Monday after the game practice, before a bye week, is completely stupid and shows the old-school, out-of-touch mentality of our organization. Plax even claims he had an emergency. Big deal, it's one practice. Plax normally comes to play(even when he doesn't practice), how in the HELL can you draw the line between creating team chemistry and fucking oneself over like this?

You'll get no argument from Allen Iverson:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

If he missed the practice but let them know what was going on do you really think he would be in this much trouble?

Flaking out and disappearing is the big deal here, not the missed practice.

apparently you and team chemistry don't agree

Why is it that only Storm and USPatriot think this is about the organization being old and stupid? Seriously look around the NFL any time a player breaks the Team and I cant stress that enough the team rules they get suspended. Whens the last time you heard "This player broke the team rules, but instead of doing anything about it the franchise decided that the player is bigger then the team and is more important then all other 51 players on that roster and their not going to do anything about it"

Look at Carolina this year, Smith was in a scuffle in training camp and got suspended by the team for two games, I guess John Fox is an idiot and that whole organization is a joke.

In the age of cell phone, texting, e-mail, video conferencing whatever, he had a responsibility to contact the Giants about his whereabouts and he didn't. And if you know Plaxico, then you know more than likely he couldn't be bothered. This happens once a year with him in some form and it's never surprising. Wasn't there another game earlier in his Giants career when he was benched for the start of a game?.

He's really stupid in this case.

Why is it that only Storm and USPatriot think this is about the organization being old and stupid? Seriously look around the NFL any time a player breaks the Team and I cant stress that enough the team rules they get suspended. Whens the last time you heard "This player broke the team rules, but instead of doing anything about it the franchise decided that the player is bigger then the team and is more important then all other 51 players on that roster and their not going to do anything about it"

Look at Carolina this year, Smith was in a scuffle in training camp and got suspended by the team for two games, I guess John Fox is an idiot and that whole organization is a joke.

No, Fox and Jerry Richardson are both old and stupid.

This just means that other guys have to pick up the slack for Plaxico. Giants seem to be doing

that real well when they have other players pick up the slack for others. We saw it when Tiki retired and

when Shockey was out, I expect that Smith, Hixon, Moss will pick up Plaxico's slack for one game.

Seriously, who believed the family emergency excuse anyways? I know I didn't. If you have a legit family emergency, there is no good reason not to call in. If you sleeping off a hard night, you can't call. It was irresponsible, and also nothing I haven't done before myself. And when you don't show for work, and you don't call, there should be punishment. No one is to blame for this except for Plax.

He's made up some pretty lame excuses before for not being where he was supposed to be. I have no problem going with Hixon in that spot, and think we will be fine in the Seattle game. The punishment, given Plax's prior violations, was light, IMO.

Silver lining, Plax knows that not playing his ass off from here on out might cost him a lot of money, since he has some incentives in his contract to reach.

This isn't about Plaxico attacking Brandon Jacobs. This is about Plaxico saying he had an emergency(we have no reason not to believe him) and missed a practice. Most other teams would have maybe fined him a couple g's...to which Plaxico could have paid with "Straight Cash Homie". He also could have still played in a very important game.

Why do they even practice the Monday after a game before a bye week?

No, Fox and Jerry Richardson are both old and stupid.

This just means that other guys have to pick up the slack for Plaxico. Giants seem to be doing

that real well when they have other players pick up the slack for others. We saw it when Tiki retired and

when Shockey was out, I expect that Smith, Hixon, Moss will pick up Plaxico's slack for one game.

Yah exactly. How could you fuck with team chemistry any more than saying to a bunch of young WRs with little to no starting experience to pick up the slack of a Burress against a say Charles Woodson caliber starting CB?

I expect that to happen too GG but in any case, I don't agree with people here saying Plaxico having an emergency and missing the Monday after a game before a bye week messes with team chemistry more than him being benched and not able to play in a tough NFC game.

Fine the guy and move on. You're trying to defend a Super Bowl title not belittle your star players.

That Bradshaw can hold his liquor better than Plaxico?

Yeah a second year player shows up but a guy we just gave a new extension too cant get over a hang over.

It's funny Storm you act like the Giants franchise or Tom don't know what they are doing, I wonder why with your "vast knowledge" of how to treat players that you arnt an NFL coach yet.

This isnt the first time Plax hasent shown up.

Yeah a second year player shows up but a guy we just gave a new extension too cant get over a hang over.

It's funny Storm you act like the Giants franchise or Tom don't know what they are doing, I wonder why with your "vast knowledge" of how to treat players that you arnt an NFL coach yet.

This isnt the first time Plax hasent shown up.

Big deal dude. He's an excellent player. He made a mistake and didn't call when he couldn't be at a meeting. This is a new day and age in the NFL. Fine the player. Don't sit him for a game when every game counts.

Big deal dude. He's an excellent player. He made a mistake and didn't call when he couldn't be at a meeting. This is a new day and age in the NFL. Fine the player. Don't sit him for a game when every game counts.

A fine as punishment is cosmetic. Suspension sends the message that not one individual is more important than the team...in the dog's opinion anyway...burress has a history that is less then stellar with regards to his approach and attitude - if you don't send the message, he could easily slip into the burress that made steeler fans rejoice when he was sent packing...

A fine as punishment is cosmetic. Suspension sends the message that not one individual is more important than the team...in the dog's opinion anyway...burress has a history that is less then stellar with regards to his approach and attitude - if you don't send the message, he could easily slip into the burress that made steeler fans rejoice when he was sent packing...

Blush or Mascara?