SportsWrath

Plaxico has been suspended

RandolphScott

Do you know makemesomefoodho? You have all of 7 posts, I dont think you understand some of the people or humor here. <_<

So it takes a certain number of posts to appreciate racism? You call that humor?

The reason why he skipped out seems to be a Family Matter ...

this from Tom Rock:

Just got back from the locker room and Tom Coughlin's press conference.

Here's part of what Coughlin had to say about Burress' suspension.

"I think we are all saddened by it. But we want to make sure the message is loud and clear. We have had success here because of the team concept. And the team concept means basically that everyone is accountable and responsible and that we don’t let other guys down. And that is what we are trying to do. We are trying to acknowledge one of our guys had a violation of a team rule and we want to bring him back on very good terms. We try to do this the right way."

Coughlin wouldn't say who would take Burress' spot in the lineup, but Domenik Hixon was out there lining up opposite of Amani Toomer during the portion of practice that was open to the media. Eli Manning kind of alluded to Hixon getting the nod when he was asked if he was mad at Burress.

"My job is to get ready for Seattle," Manning said. "I don't have any bad feelings. When he gets back, we will come back and we will get going again. But for Seattle, we will have a new guy. We will have Hixon playing 'X' and obviously he has proved that he can make plays and can do a good job for us."

We dialed up Burress' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, on the phone for a conference call and Rosenhaus would not go into the reason why Burress failed to properly communicate with the team. He was asked why Burress was not around Monday. Tuesday was a regularly scheduled off day.

"It’s a private matter and it has to do with Plax and his family," Rosenhaus said. "He had some responsibility that he needed to take care of as it relates to his family. The most unfortunate thing here is there was a lack of communication. In talking to Plax, he feels bad about that obviously and it’s something that we can’t do anything about now."

Rosenhaus went on to say that he's contacted the NFLPA to file a grievance because he thinks the penalty is excessive and wants Burress reinstated ASAP.

"We have to respect their decision, but we don’t agree with it. And as a result we have spoken to the NFL Players Association and Richard Bertlesen, the executive director and we’ve consulted with them and asked if we can request an immediate hearing to get Plaxico reinstated. Although we do acknowledge that there was an infraction here and a violation of team rules, it’s not something that we think is tantamount for Plaxico being suspended from the team for these two weeks, especially the ball game."

This bears watching.

I dont know If Drew can pull this off or not . more than likely not.

I'm thinking he took off early for the bye week.
I'm in full agreement with your thinking. Now, let's get on with Toxic Tom who suspended him. Again we see that he loves to be a DICTATOR and is acting again like he did a few years ago. He should take lessons in how to treat his star players. Maybe, we could trade Tom the Dick for a knowledgeable, adult head coach like the Patriots or Colts have.

I'm in full agreement with your thinking. Now, let's get on with Toxic Tom who suspended him. Again we see that he loves to be a DICTATOR and is acting again like he did a few years ago. He should take lessons in how to treat his star players. Maybe, we could trade Tom the Dick for a knowledgeable, adult head coach like the Patriots or Colts have.

If you actually look acouple posts up it turns out I was wrong.

Tom had all the right in the world to suspend him, even your "adult" Dungy and Belichick have suspended players because they broke team rules.

If you actually look acouple posts up it turns out I was wrong.

Tom had all the right in the world to suspend him, even your "adult" Dungy and Belichick have suspended players because they broke team rules.

I think that it's more intelligent to let the players be off the first 7 days of the 13 days between games. That way, they can receive instructions on how to play close to the actual game. If we lose to Seattle, will Toxic dictator Tom take the blame and suspend himself for stupidity?

I think that it's more intelligent to let the players be off the first 7 days of the 13 days between games. That way, they can receive instructions on how to play close to the actual game. If we lose to Seattle, will Toxic dictator Tom take the blame and suspend himself for stupidity?

Honestly after the Bongels game you would give them 7 days off?

If your the only one who has problems with Coughlin the coach who lead us to the SB, so be it but really he didnt do anything wrong..would it have been better of him to ignore the TEAM rules just for Plax? Yeah theres a great example to set "Hey Plax your bigger then the team, you dont need to follow any rules..just take the entire year off and show up on game days"

So it takes a certain number of posts to appreciate racism? You call that humor?

It took me a couple of weeks to get it....but MMSFH is an OK guy...as you know as a representative of the African Race (and by the way MMSFH claims to be a Cubano Brother....like my Old Man) I cut him some slack. I wait in anticipation for his "This will be bad for the Black community comments". Its like laughing at All in the Family.

The only G-Man who existed outside of the rules was LT....he could snort coke and carouse with a truck load of women five minutes before a game and The Prostitute (Parcells for the uninitiated) would turn around and ask him....ready for the game bro? Fuck yeah...I'm gonna kill somebody out there. Next scene Ron Jaworski or Neil Lomax is leaning away from the snap looking frantically to see where LT is/was....usually on top of them.

Honestly after the Bongels game you would give them 7 days off?

If your the only one who has problems with Coughlin the coach who lead us to the SB, so be it but really he didnt do anything wrong..would it have been better of him to ignore the TEAM rules just for Plax? Yeah theres a great example to set "Hey Plax your bigger then the team, you dont need to follow any rules..just take the entire year off and show up on game days"

"Like you did last year when you didn't practice and you led us to the World Championship