SportsWrath

Plaxico has been suspended

RandolphScott

Star wideout skipped practice, didn't return calls.

The New York Giants will not have the services of their most electrifying offensive weapon when they play Seattle after their bye week. WR Plaxico Burress will miss the game, not because of injury, but rather insubordination.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Giants have suspended Burress for two weeks for failing to show up for work on Monday and not responding to several phone calls by the team to explain his unexcused absence both Monday and Tuesday.

The star wideout, who was just rewarded with a new lucrative contract three weeks ago, was slated to meet with team officials early this morning to explain why he would've violated team rules and failed to return several phone calls explaining his whereabouts.

The excuse apparently was not good enough and head coach Tom Coughlin told the team this morning of the predicament and subsequent punishment.

The suspension means Burress will miss two weeks worth of pay as well as next week's game vs. the Seahawks.

In 2008, Burress has 18 catches for 259 yards and a touchdown. Last season he garnered massive respect for grabbing 70 balls for 1,025 yards and 12 TDs despite playing on a severely injured ankle. He's amassed four seasons of at least 1,000 yards receiving, two with the Giants and two with the Steelers. He opened this season with 10 catches for 133 yards on the Thursday night battle vs. the Redskins and at the time seemed worth every penny of his new deal.

Just three weeks later, however, the Giants are left punishing the wideout instead of praising him.

Paging Mr. Moss and Mr. Manningham?

What the fuck is going on?

Plaxico Burress, the Giants’ top receiver and owner of a rich, new contract extension, has been suspended by the Giants for “violating team rules.”

The details are just emerging, but the Giants made the announcement a few moments ago via a press release. It said simply that he had been suspended for one game — the Giants’ home game against the Seattle Seahawks next week — and that he had been informed of his suspension in a meeting this morning.

He apparently has been barred from team activities, too, since the release says he will not be allowed to return until Monday, Oct. 6.

According to a story on Foxsports.com, the suspension was for failing to show up for work on Monday and Tuesday, and not responding to calls from team officials.

I’ll have much more on this later, when I get to the stadium in a little while.

The Blue Screen- NY Daily News.

I'm hoping this is an isolated incident. Plax has been a major pro for us last year, playing hurt and essentially icing the SB.

Let's not start the groundswell yet, even though he's definitively hurt our team for a conference rival that we've failed to beat a number of times.

In any event, perhaps there's more to the story and maybe we'll never know. My expectation is that Plax will pull himself together, otherwise this could be a long season.

Since he will be back, my real frustration is with my fantasy team as well. Thanks Plax...whatever you did, you did it to me too...bastard!

Plax has been pretty upright with this team and he's a proven winner. The only reason a guy does something this stupid is because of a woman. Don't know what he's up to, but I guarantee there's a woman in the picture that means more to him than playing football.....on any given moment (usually when blood from the brain is borrowed to raise the staff)

Well....this will give a couple of the other guys who've been forced to watch from the bench more chances against Seattle and thank heavens, we're loaded at WR right now. Hopefully, Plax will get his shit together and will be back as normal after the suspension. He's an emotional guy and I'm sure he will have a contrite attitude about all this rather than a cocky egotistical attitude like he's better than the rest of the team....ala T.O. or Ocho Stupido.

Plax has been pretty upright with this team and he's a proven winner. The only reason a guy does something this stupid is because of a woman. Don't know what he's up to, but I guarantee there's a woman in the picture that means more to him than playing football.....on any given moment (usually when blood from the brain is borrowed to raise the staff)

Well....this will give a couple of the other guys who've been forced to watch from the bench more chances against Seattle and thank heavens, we're loaded at WR right now. Hopefully, Plax will get his shit together and will be back as normal after the suspension. He's an emotional guy and I'm sure he will have a contrite attitude about all this rather than a cocky egotistical attitude like he's better than the rest of the team....ala T.O. or Ocho Stupido.

He's married with a kid, I think. Maybe he got too drunk and passed out somewhere.

Listen I love Plax and by no means am saying he should go or something ridiculous like that but this seems to be his way. He angered some people in Pittsburg and you would think that he would be working on some apparent timing issues with Eli but he not only misses 2 practices but can't pick up his phone? I guess he's not use to practicing and thought he could take some days off.

You're supposed to work the Monday before a bye week?

According to Pierce when I heard the tail end of his appearance on the Franscesa show their bye week starts Thursday afternoon and lasts until next Monday.

Why shouldn't they come in though when the game is fresh on their minds to go over the good (Robbins two sacks), the bad (Jacobs unproductive day), and the ugly (OT against the Bungals??)?

fassel used to give them 10 days off on bye week

Fassel was also a "players" coach. Coughlin is what I call a "winning" coach.

If they had knocked Cinnci out 45-3 or something I am sure they would have been given more time off. But they have a lot to go over after that game.

Fassel was also a "players" coach. Coughlin is what I call a "winning" coach.

If they had knocked Cinnci out 45-3 or something I am sure they would have been given more time off. But they have a lot to go over after that game.

i was kidding, lubey. no need for the lecture. still in all, i would guarantee that this is not his only offense.