SportsWrath

revisiting Phil

Gspotter

Guest Lockhart
Ah, yes. When presented with logic and facts, the personal attacks fly. The last resort of the truly ignorant.

Of course - these Elicadians, Shockeyites, and Plaxicons have nothing to use for a defense other that vugarity and personel Slurs - Eli sucks, and Plaxico and Shockey refuse to join their teammates for workouts - what good can be said about any of these three!

Ah, yes. When presented with logic and facts, the personal attacks fly. The last resort of the truly ignorant.

What logic and facts? You haven't proven anything. Just because he said you need a strong arm, doesn't mean he had one. It's like Ike saying, 'you need to be fast to play in the Meadowlands' Just because he said it, doesn't he was.

If you think that was personal attack, trust me when I tell you. You haven't seen shit.

Guest Carbo
Here's another one...You are ignorant about FB and you know it.
You and I both know that in your dark, secretive world, FB doesn't stand for football. . .does it? ;)

You and I both know that in your dark, secretive world, FB doesn't stand for football. . .does it? ;)

I'm not following you.

Also, I notice that you have not denied my statement. So it is written so it is fact.

Guest Carbo
What logic and facts?
Easy, tough guy. The logic being you can't have the career Phil Simms had, and the success he enjoyed, playing in the Meadowlands with a noodle arm. Notice the flutter balls Helicopter was throwing last year? There's a reason for that, and a reason why you didn't see that when Simms was the QB. And if you hate Phil Simms so much, how the hell can you call yourself a Giants fan? You've been exposed! Are you one of the Fab 4. . .which would now make it the Fab 5.

Objectively speaking, Simms WILL NOT make the HOF. His numbers early in his career are average because of a shoddy OL and the numerous sacks he was forced to take. He became stellar later in his career, had the 22 for 25 SB against Denver, and a couple of other good seasons. Not enough to get in the HOF, however.

Indeed, Snitch.

We both know who the real snitch is,Carbo. You are guilty as charged. Don't pretend to not know what I am referring to either. The jig is up.

Guest Lockhart
Easy, tough guy. The logic being you can't have the career Phil Simms had, and the success he enjoyed, playing in the Meadowlands with a noodle arm. Notice the flutter balls Helicopter was throwing last year? There's a reason for that, and a reason why you didn't see that when Simms was the QB. And if you hate Phil Simms so much, how the hell can you call yourself a Giants fan? You've been exposed! Are you one of the Fab 4. . .which would now make it the Fab 5.

......and the Giants could have had Chris Simms with pick number 97 of the 2003 draft, yet EA took Shiancoe. What a knucklehead - Simms has the perfect arm for the Meadowlands, just like his father. Instead the Giants throw away a bunch of draft choices, skip the best QB in Big Ben, and choose Opie Taylor.

hospital-backdrop.jpg

(Eli Manning entering Wellington Mara's office just minutes after being drafted by the Giants)

Edited by Lockhart

Guest Carbo
......and the Giants could have had Chris Simms with pick number 97 of the 2003 draft, yet EA took Shiancoe. What a knucklehead - Simms has the perfect arm for the Meadowlands, just like his father. Instead the Giants throw away a bunch of draft choices, skip the best QB in Big Ben, and choose Opie Taylor.

hospital-backdrop.jpg

(Eli Manning entering Wellington Mara's office just minutes after being drafted by the Giants)

Don't get me started on Chris Simms! I didn't want to bring up what must be an open wound for this organization. How in the hell can they have passed on this kid in the third round is beyond comprehension! People talk about the Manning pedigree. What about the Simms pedigree?!

Chris Simms has done precisely what Eli did this season, so let's all calm down.

He's gone to one post season game and lost. That's all that matters, so let's not line up to fluff him just yet.

Otherwise, you can also say (safely) that Phil is a strong arm thrower. He's not weak and that's not accurate. He also didn't have bad offensive lines, he was not highly mobile and Phil was a pocket passer who often waited to the last minute to throw and absorbed the blow: this is what most QB's won't/can't do these days.

I really admire Phil and if you measure him quantitatively alone (he doesn't make it), however if there were quality points like the Minnesota game, then you'd know that he was a difference maker.

He looks horrible in those pictures - eyes closed, throwing like a girl. If the Giants had seen pictures like these before the 2004 draft they would have taken Ben - too bad . Ben, like Phil stands tall in the pockeyt and isn't shrinking away like some violet.

Yeah ben looked real good in the SB...What he have a 25% passer rating :LMAO: If you think ELi has a weak arm you shouldnt be kissing bens ass...Even Plax said Eli had the strongest arm he had ever seen....Oh and So did old gap tooth, When Eli was in Rookie mini camp in 04.....Tryed to find a Link to prove it but the artical I read was on Giants.com and Eisen Archive isn't working <_<:TD: ...So what Im saying is If I find the artical Where Gap is talking about how strong Eli's arm is (even stronger the Collins :TU: ) It will prove, once again, how wrong you are :clap:

Guest Lockhart
Don't get me started on Chris Simms! I didn't want to bring up what must be an open wound for this organization. How in the hell can they have passed on this kid in the third round is beyond comprehension! People talk about the Manning pedigree. What about the Simms pedigree?!

Exactly - it was slap in the fact to Chris AND Phil Simms for the Giants to pass him over for Shiancoe?

The Giants would now have a better QB, at about half the price, with an additional year of experience, plus two other first round picks on the team.

Edited by Lockhart

<_ at what point did i ever say hated simms just said he didn have a strong arm. the only thing you exposed is your ignorance.>

Guest Lockhart
Yeah ben looked real good in the SB...What he have a 25% passer rating :LMAO: If you think ELi has a weak arm you shouldnt be kissing bens ass...Even Plax said Eli had the strongest arm he had ever seen....Oh and So did old gap tooth, When Eli was in Rookie mini camp in 04.....Tryed to find a Link to prove it but the artical I read was on Giants.com and Eisen Archive isn't working <_<:TD: ...So what Im saying is If I find the artical Where Gap is talking about how strong Eli's arm is (even stronger the Collins :TU: ) It will prove, once again, how wrong you are :clap:

If you look real close at Ben's pictures now he has a ring on - a Super Bowl Championship Ring. I have done some research and now I can announce that the Super Bowl ring is to any Manning as a crucifix or Holy water is to a vampire. If you remember Peyton failed at Tennessee with the best team in college ball - his choke cost the Vols the national championship - it is inherent. Interesting to note, all Super Bowl rings are made by the Van Helsing Family in Budapest, Hungary.

Edited by Lockhart

Guest Carbo
...Even Plax said Eli had the strongest arm he had ever seen....
How would he know, since he refuses to play catch with him in the offseason, and doesn't run his routes during games?

Guest Lockhart
How would he know, since he refuses to play catch with him in the offseason, and doesn't run his routes during games?

Maybe Eli threw Plax a pass from NJ - that would demonstrate great arm strength indeed.