SportsWrath

Carney or Tynes

boohyah

This is not a rash call by me, but seriously, Carney has come in and in just 3 games has upped my confidence in the kicking game more than Tynes did all season last year. Tynes gives us fits at times but he's ready to go in 2 weeks. Carney hasn't missed any kicks and his kickoffs have been deep enough, mostly landing inside the 5-10 yard line. I also heard he can recover fumbles better than Tynes.

I just keep thinking that every time a snap seems a little wayward, Tynes panics, even though Feagles is excellent at placing the ball for him.

No question to me, Carney has to play. If they pull him, that would be the bone head move of the year. Let tynes sit the year, Carney probably wont even want to play next year.
The Giants management signed Tynes to a higher paying contract in the off-season. Money talks so they will let Carney go. A big mistake when the career of Tynes is analized.

Carny scares me.

He's circus folk. A nomad, you know. Smells like cabbage... small hands.

Yeah, I had a nitemare about a midget before. I was drinking in the desert at a party, and this midget with big boobs came up to me, and she was right about the level of my peni..................uh....uh oh. Wrong topic. :o

I dunno, Carneys been pretty money and his kicks just seem so much more accurate. Him and Feagles make a good team.

Carney is 9 for 9 so far and leading the NFL in scoring. I understand the concern about him kicking in the cold but seriously I was ready to strangle Tynes in the NFCCG. I'm thankful for him kicking us into the SB but I think Carney starting is what's best for the team. I'm a lot more comfortable with Carney coming in late in a game to kick a last second FG than I am with Tynes. He might not have the leg he used to but he's hit FG's from 46 and 47 yards this season and IMO is more accurate than Tynes.

What we have to remember Carney has maybe one year left at most if not at the end of this year he retires, maybe him and Feagels will go out together who knows.

The shelf life for NFL kickers is pretty long (see Morten Anderson last year). Carney still has a few more years left in him from what I've seen. What makes this a sticky situation is Tynes' contract. Anyone know how much he's guaranteed?

Well, I wanted Carney back when the Saints released him last season and we ended up with Tynes. Safe to say that Carney is gone when Tynes comes back after the bye. Carney has been dependable for us and could probably keep on kicking in this league for another two seasons if any reasonably intelligent organization will pick him up.

Well, I wanted Carney back when the Saints released him last season and we ended up with Tynes. Safe to say that Carney is gone when Tynes comes back after the bye. Carney has been dependable for us and could probably keep on kicking in this league for another two seasons if any reasonably intelligent organization will pick him up.

I didnt know we had Carney before. :huh:

I'll take Carney over Tynes....regardless of Tynes contract. I'd rather win games than honor a dumb contract.

What I've noticed most is that Carney's kicks split the uprights. It's never a little left or a little right....none of those "hook shots" like I've seen Tynes do too many times. I'm sure Tynes has a more powerful leg overall, but he's erratic as hell. I'll take the weaker leg that splits the uprights right down the middle.

I'll take Carney over Tynes....regardless of Tynes contract. I'd rather win games than honor a dumb contract.

What I've noticed most is that Carney's kicks split the uprights. It's never a little left or a little right....none of those "hook shots" like I've seen Tynes do too many times. I'm sure Tynes has a more powerful leg overall, but he's erratic as hell. I'll take the weaker leg that splits the uprights right down the middle.

Yeah I agree....Carney is straight down Broadway....almost like an old style kicker....no hook whatsoever. Whereas Tynes is just inside either upright whenever he makes one.