SportsWrath

Since no one started a thread about Kevin Boss

Nas

Shockey ran a lot of 8 yard curls today.

I hate when everyone asks how we're gonna replace 60 catches. The 60 catches Shockey had last year were not impactful at all. Aside from Dallas the bulk of his catches can be made up for easily without the bitching and drops.

His catches are being made up primarily by Smith. Smith is quickly becoming the go-to-guy on third down and is proving to be more reliable than Shockey. It is really a perfect example of what makes this team so great. Whereas Shockey did provide key conversions and big plays when he was not doing those two things his mouth was running. So far I have not heard a peep from Smith about his role and whether he feels he is being underused.

In fact the only Giant who is voicing any concern over his play time and impact is Sinorice Moss....and when that is the worst stuff coming from this team that is a HUGE deviation from seasons past. I mean Sinorice Moss is bitching about playing time?

His blocking is much improved too. I just mentioned it in another thread, and it bears repeating here, they did a segment on Boss's blocking on NFL Matchup this week...and he was BADASS. Watch for him next game, he's doing some good stuff out there. I thought I saw him bust some people up against the Bengals too.

His catches are being made up primarily by Smith. Smith is quickly becoming the go-to-guy on third down and is proving to be more reliable than Shockey. It is really a perfect example of what makes this team so great. Whereas Shockey did provide key conversions and big plays when he was not doing those two things his mouth was running. So far I have not heard a peep from Smith about his role and whether he feels he is being underused.

In fact the only Giant who is voicing any concern over his play time and impact is Sinorice Moss....and when that is the worst stuff coming from this team that is a HUGE deviation from seasons past. I mean Sinorice Moss is bitching about playing time?

Thats true, he doesn't really have a gripe because he has done marginal work with his opportunity, although I think he should have been running Hixon's route on that play that Eli over threw. I still think they can utilize Moss as both a decoy and a deep threat.

Boss looked fantastic this week.