SportsWrath

My three thoughts

Lubeck

1. Gilbride did not stretch out the defense at all. No deep balls and the defense kept boxing in on the run.

2. Dockery sucks balls. He had been getting turned around so far this season. Madison should be getting more time.

3. Dan Dierdorf is in a drunken stupor all week long and shows up to work Sunday afternoon and wings it. How else could he constantly mis-identify who was in on the play plus the three times I counted he referred to Eli as Peyton.

Dierdorf was terrible. Both of them sucked, I made the comment to my roomate that they sucked at least 4 times. From what you mention, to just plain stupid excitement at the wrong times. He said "Eli takes a huge hit" like 3 times and 2 of them he was just grabbed and pulled down, nothing violent about the hit at all.

I agree with everything you said, the playcalling was just awefull, on the 3 yard line (after Ward's run), they try to sweep to the outside with a 260 lbs runnijgback. He was throwing way too much in the redzone, and the first possession of OT he didn't run at all.

Like you said, no long passing throughout the game.

And Dockery sucks, he is a major liability.

1. When Jacobs isnt running well we have Ward who is a better all around back in my mind.

2. Our D needs to figure out how to improve the secondary...and get Dockery off the fucking team I cant wait till T. Thomas is healthy.

3. The WRs need to take some extra time this week to work on their hands.

1. When Jacobs isnt running well we have Ward who is a better all around back in my mind.

2. Our D needs to figure out how to improve the secondary...and get Dockery off the fucking team I cant wait till T. Thomas is healthy.

3. The WRs need to take some extra time this week to work on their hands.

Nail on the head.

We passed the ball down the field, Plax had like 3 drops.

Our secondary, mainly backup CBs and our starting Safeties, are really a liability. Our pass rush can't get there every time and the time's they don't(and Palmer had all day to throw on some plays), the secondary gets torched.

1.) Spags needed to bail on all the blitzing and drop more guys back into coverage at some point. Our D was getting shredded. I thought it was over when they stopped us in OT.

2.) Lawrence Tynes needs to be shown the door. I just don't trust him. I'll go with Carney the rest of the year and worry about the future in the off-season. Didn't they sign Tynes to some big contract in the off-season, though? What do you do when he comes back this year? Get rid of Carney?

3.) How many times did you see Eli throw off his back foot today? I counted one, and he completed the pass for a big gain. Instead of bailing on the play and throwing off his back foot now, he steps up into the pocket and finds the open receiver. The guy is now one of the top 5 QBs in the league. Ernie Accorsi was right all along.

1.) Spags needed to bail on all the blitzing and drop more guys back into coverage at some point. Our D was getting shredded. I thought it was over when they stopped us in OT.

2.) Lawrence Tynes needs to be shown the door. I just don't trust him. I'll go with Carney the rest of the year and worry about the future in the off-season. Didn't they sign Tynes to some big contract in the off-season, though? What do you do when he comes back this year? Get rid of Carney?

3.) How many times did you see Eli throw off his back foot today? I counted one, and he completed the pass for a big gain. Instead of bailing on the play and throwing off his back foot now, he steps up into the pocket and finds the open receiver. The guy is now one of the top 5 QBs in the league. Ernie Accorsi was right all along.

Yah, I think the only back footed pass I saw was the one he hit Well Dressed Amani Toomer along the sidelines.

1. Gilbride did not stretch out the defense at all. No deep balls and the defense kept boxing in on the run.

2. Dockery sucks balls. He had been getting turned around so far this season. Madison should be getting more time.

3. Dan Dierdorf is in a drunken stupor all week long and shows up to work Sunday afternoon and wings it. How else could he constantly mis-identify who was in on the play plus the three times I counted he referred to Eli as Peyton.

1). The defence kept boxing in on the run, because it's our bread and butter. But with a guy like Jacobs, we should be able to break this down somewhat. Jacobs didn't run the ball well at all. And Gilbride threw at least 2 deep balls today (Hixon, Toomer) as opposed to other games this season.

2). Dockery had a few bad plays, but he was much better later on in the game. He's not that bad and Madison right now is not an upgrade in any shape. Madison got burned badly today also when he was in there.

3) Dierdorf has been better, but even then he's not top notch. But CBS doesn't cover the NFC and he's wouldn't be the first announcer to make mistakes about the other conference. In fairness, he did joke about mixing saying Peyton over Eli, saying he was more than likely he'd make the mistake again.

1). The defence kept boxing in on the run, because it's our bread and butter. But with a guy like Jacobs, we should be able to break this down somewhat. Jacobs didn't run the ball well at all. And Gilbride threw at least 2 deep balls today (Hixon, Toomer) as opposed to other games this season.

2). Dockery had a few bad plays, but he was much better later on in the game. He's not that bad and Madison right now is not an upgrade in any shape. Madison got burned badly today also when he was in there.

3) Dierdorf has been better, but even then he's not top notch. But CBS doesn't cover the NFC and he's wouldn't be the first announcer to make mistakes about the other conference. In fairness, he did joke about mixing saying Peyton over Eli, saying he was more than likely he'd make the mistake again.

This is what I was gonna say. I agree with what all are saying except I think that Dockery did ok. He wasn't terrible. He actually made a couple nice plays, but got better later on. I was most unimpressed with Gilbride. Our run game is unstoppable. A different one is hot every Sun. But we needed to take advantage of a weak secondary, and we didnt.

When in the first half you make the mistake and joke about it, you shoudln't make the mistake again. Dierdorf SUCKED as a color guy.

And VG you nailed it, he kept saying Eli was getting hammered when the instant replay would show a typical drag-down. Out of the 4 times off the top of my head I can think of when Dan said Eli was nailed he was simply dragged down.

Just because we SHOULD be able to beat a boxed in defense doesn't mean that we SHOULD keep hammering at it. On the first series of the game the announcers correctly (one of the few times they did) identify the Bungals gameplan. They correctly (again this was a rarity) said Gil should quiclky identify and correct. HE DIDN'T!!

When Dan "Peyton is having a great game" Dierdorf identifies the defensive gameplan on the first series and the offensive coordinator can't that is fucking sad.

My three (4 or 5) thoughts:

First....the good.

1) Fred Robbins has to be the most underrated guy on the team...perhaps in all of the NFL.....he stuffs runners, sacks quarterbacks, blocks passes and kicks.....what more could one possibly ask from a low key guy playing in the trenches?

2) Pierce was brilliant in stopping a play when we were down a guy and is showing himself as a true leader on the field

3) Eli is showing a lot of maturity and I think he is going to set franchise records before he is through

4) Very, very, very pleased with Boss!! The kid is showing he's got the stuff.

honorable mention) Phillips looks like the real deal and a steal in the draft

The bad:

1) Offensive play calling.....although, Gilbride seemed to get it together by the end of the third quarter

2) Jacobs just didn't seem to be on his game today. Should've benched him early on and gave Ward and Bradshaw the job

3) It seemed like Tuck wasn't in the game today. When he's on every play, the defense dominates, but he was awfully quiet today.

Does anyone know if McDougle even suited up?

My three (4 or 5) thoughts:

First....the good.

1) Fred Robbins has to be the most underrated guy on the team...perhaps in all of the NFL.....he stuffs runners, sacks quarterbacks, blocks passes and kicks.....what more could one possibly ask from a low key guy playing in the trenches?

2) Pierce was brilliant in stopping a play when we were down a guy and is showing himself as a true leader on the field

3) Eli is showing a lot of maturity and I think he is going to set franchise records before he is through

4) Very, very, very pleased with Boss!! The kid is showing he's got the stuff.

honorable mention) Phillips looks like the real deal and a steal in the draft

The bad:

1) Offensive play calling.....although, Gilbride seemed to get it together by the end of the third quarter

2) Jacobs just didn't seem to be on his game today. Should've benched him early on and gave Ward and Bradshaw the job

3) It seemed like Tuck wasn't in the game today. When he's on every play, the defense dominates, but he was awfully quiet today.

Does anyone know if McDougle even suited up?

I think teams are finally giving Tuck the respect that he demands. I noticed on a number of plays he was either getting double teamed or they had the RB sitting behind the tackle.

From my vantage point today it looked like Eli was fluttering a lot of passes today. I thought he played pretty well but were his balls thrown better than i thought?

I don't know....I thought he was throwing tighter spirals than usual. There was that one flutter pass that had been tipped from behind just as he started to throw it. I just think he looks much more poised and in charge than he did early last season. He's acting like a leader out there and that this is his team. And that's when a quarterback comes into his own.

I don't know....I thought he was throwing tighter spirals than usual. There was that one flutter pass that had been tipped from behind just as he started to throw it. I just think he looks much more poised and in charge than he did early last season. He's acting like a leader out there and that this is his team. And that's when a quarterback comes into his own.

I thought he played great and was tough in the pocket. I was vey dissapointed in Burress and Toomer...Dropped alot of catchacle balls today. Man, I think Toomer has a bad case of the dropsy again.

I thought he played great and was tough in the pocket. I was vey dissapointed in Burress and Toomer...Dropped alot of catchacle balls today. Man, I think Toomer has a bad case of the dropsy again.

Yeah he did. I started him over Roddy White thinking he would have a big game. Stupid decision on my part. :brooding:

That catch in OT made up for all of it and more.

From the 2nd quarter to the early 4th it just looked like eli's throws were wobbly. I know one example doesn't suit it but like on that 5 yard dump off to bradshaw, he had a lot of room ahead of him but it was thrown wobbly and behind him.

Who cares though. He is so clutch when it matters the most it makes all of this irrelevant. That 30 yard pass to plax couldnt have been handed to him any better.

I think teams are finally giving Tuck the respect that he demands. I noticed on a number of plays he was either getting double teamed or they had the RB sitting behind the tackle.

He gets mauled(as in held) a lot of the time too...just like Pop Strahan

Well, Cincinatti came in with a good game plan and the personnel executed it very well. Most of the game, they were loading 8 in the box on 1st and sometimes 2nd downs, and then forcing the Giants to throw short underneath stuff for the first. I don't care who you are, Jacobs or not, you are not going to run well against an 8 or 9 man front. Gilbride adjusted (it took him a long time to do so), and the Giants started taking their shots downfield on first down, and it worked. Once or twice though, Eli missed on those opportunities with a deep receiver who had beaten the Cinci secondary. But he hit when it counted.

It was as if Gilbride has the philosophy of "We'll run it on whoever, whenever we want." But you still have to analyze the situation. Maybe allow Eli to audible into something behind the defense when he sees there are 8 men in the box. You just can't run yourself into a wall and think you're going to be successful. I'm not saying we should be purely reactionary to what the opposing defense was doing, but Jacobs did the tough running in the first half, and Ward benefitted by running in more favorable situations later.

As for Cinci offensively, they clearly had the game plan of using short drops and quick passes to move the sticks. They were not going to let Carson sit back there for long and let the Giants defense tee off on him. Credit the Giants because they were still able to get 5 or 6 sacks. Plus they were clearly targeting Dockery. Whoever he was matched up with, they were going to exploit it. Dockery got no respect from the Bengals yesterday, and he showed why. I'm wondering if RW Mc.25's is a better nickel at this point. They also looked like they wanted to run some counters and delays with Perry to slow down the overpursuit of the Giants D. It really was a good game plan, but fortunately, we were able to come up big when it counted.

I think we need to see more of Kenny Phillips and less of James Butler. If Phillips has more opportunity, I believe he will make the big plays defensively we've been missing in the secondary really so far this season.

I'm happy with the 'W', though.

And VG you nailed it, he kept saying Eli was getting hammered when the instant replay would show a typical drag-down. Out of the 4 times off the top of my head I can think of when Dan said Eli was nailed he was simply dragged down.

I noticed this too and figured it was CBS' attempt to try and make a more interesting game out of one that many assumed would be an easy win for the Giants. They were trying any desperate attempt to keep the ratings up. They even went so far as to specifically refer to last weeks Rams game and how this was going to be different. Apparantly they lucked out as it probably did turn out to be pretty interesting for the viewers with no rooting interest in either team.

Either way, the announcers looked like complete jokes.

#1 Cincy was a better team than we thought, and caught us by surprise.

#2 Tuck was completely neutralized. (about a week ago, some analyst on YES suggested the Giants move Tuck around the line, saying he'd be more effective. It's worth a try.)

#3 Although Toomer caught the biggest pass of the day, he and Eli were on a different page throughout the day. Unusual since they've been working great together.