SportsWrath

The Giants' Offense

BleedinBlue

What a luxury it is to be a Giants fan with a plethora of high end running backs and wide recievers. I don't ever remember a time in my life when there were so many options for my favorite team of all time. We don't need a one-man show like Tiki anymore, to bail out the lack of alternative plays because we have specialized runners for every occassion that can be used to mess with our opponent's weaknesses. Hell....we're so deep at running back that we can afford to let backs like Ryan Grant go.

The only hole.....is tight end. But I think we have so many quality options that there's no reason to push our luck with Boss. Once Boss gets a full season under his belt as the regular TE, I think he's going to be solid.

Regardless....I am just thrilled at the offensive weapons we have in our arsenal......especially the offensive line. I can't think of anything that we could do to "tweak" the offense except perhaps get a top shelf TE at some point in the future.

I just love being in this position :)

What a luxury it is to be a Giants fan with a plethora of high end running backs and wide recievers. I don't ever remember a time in my life when there were so many options for my favorite team of all time. We don't need a one-man show like Tiki anymore, to bail out the lack of alternative plays because we have specialized runners for every occassion that can be used to mess with our opponent's weaknesses. Hell....we're so deep at running back that we can afford to let backs like Ryan Grant go.

The only hole.....is tight end. But I think we have so many quality options that there's no reason to push our luck with Boss. Once Boss gets a full season under his belt as the regular TE, I think he's going to be solid.

Regardless....I am just thrilled at the offensive weapons we have in our arsenal......especially the offensive line. I can't think of anything that we could do to "tweak" the offense except perhaps get a top shelf TE at some point in the future.

I just love being in this position :)

I wrote about this last week, this team is the deepest I've seen since I started following the Giants.

However, for all our options at wideout, when we face some decent secondaries like Dallas, Philly etc, then we are going to have to see what happens at TE. Eli is going to have to look to dump the ball quickly. Boss should have had one or two catches already this season.

I wrote about this last week, this team is the deepest I've seen since I started following the Giants.

However, for all our options at wideout, when we face some decent secondaries like Dallas, Philly etc, then we are going to have to see what happens at TE. Eli is going to have to look to dump the ball quickly. Boss should have had one or two catches already this season.

He was robbed of his first catch in the St Louis game. Nice catch and run, but I think it was a holding call that took it back.

I believe I made a post about this last year, about our TE and how they are going to see less balls.

When we got rid of Shockey in my mind we basically said "We're going with blocking TEs" and using our plethora..yes I said plethora of good WRs to be our passing game. I knew we would be running more 3-4 WR sets and our TEs being only in their second year will just be blocking more then a threat in the passing game. We have guys like Smith and Moss to be the dump out guys not to mention Toomer who always seems to make spectacular catches. Maybe in coming years we will pick up a pass catching TE or even Boss can show he can be a threat in the passing game but until then we have to many good WRs not to be passing to them.

Our TEs are going to be seeing more blocking time then time down field and really I wouldn't want to see it any other way.

Just another thing, anyone see Shockeys fumble the other day?

Didn't see it, but I heard about it.

I don't think we have a TE problem. Maybe they're a little weak on blocking, but that WILL improve. I promise.

We do need to get Hixon in there more. I know that means less of Amani, but that's the scheme of things. It was a nice career, and it is time to ease on out.

Didn't see it, but I heard about it.

I don't think we have a TE problem. Maybe they're a little weak on blocking, but that WILL improve. I promise.

We do need to get Hixon in there more. I know that means less of Amani, but that's the scheme of things. It was a nice career, and it is time to ease on out.

Hixon is our 4th WR behind Smith....hes the 4th for a reason....it was the Rams...everyone looks good against the Rams.

When I see Amani retiring Smith is moving into the number two WR spot and there will be a fight out for the slot position...I think between Hixon/Moss and maybe even Manningham.

Hixon is our 4th WR behind Smith....hes the 4th for a reason....it was the Rams...everyone looks good against the Rams.

When I see Amani retiring Smith is moving into the number two WR spot and there will be a fight out for the slot position...I think between Hixon/Moss and maybe even Manningham.

I don't think Moss will be fighting for a position, if the Rams were so weak, then how does Moss not even factor into getting one catch yesterday.Hixon had a better game yesterday than Moss has ever had for us.

Boss can only catch catchable balls that are thrown to him. As the season goes on, he will get more opportunities. But right now, Eli is (rightfully) targeting Burress and Toomer more, plus we are running the ball so well that we don't need to pass a whole lot anyway. Boss should be commended for his better than adequate blocking so far. A healthy Burress means a lot of wide open Burress, and Eli would be foolhardy not to get him the ball with great regularity. I really enjoyed watching the Giants yesterday, particularly the 2nd half. That was the Eli I've been wanting to see this season!