SportsWrath

Another great game!

Allstarjim

Mets win one in extras. No matter what happens, I love this Mets team. They are showing a lot of fight and resiliency, something completely absent from last year's team.

I liked what I saw out of Niese as well. Obviously the line doesn't look good but he battled and showed great stuff. He didn't spot his pitches as well as I think he will in the future, but you can tell this guy has the stuff of a major leaguer.

Way to go Beltran! He has really stepped up lately!

I didn't expect them to win today with Niese going. Not sure if we see him again this year. He still needs some seasoning but I was pleased with the effort. Who knows if we are going to see him again this year. Gotta love Murphy, I almost expect him to get on every time and what a heads up play to get to third in the tenth.

I liked what I saw out of Niese as well. Obviously the line doesn't look good but he battled and showed great stuff. He didn't spot his pitches as well as I think he will in the future, but you can tell this guy has the stuff of a major leaguer.

I only caught bits and pieces of the game, but that is one nasty curve ball he throws. If he can gain some more control with it and back it up with a slider or a good change-up he could become a very good pitcher. I hope he gets some money, and has that boxers nose fixed.... because you are not going to see that mug on a Wheeties box no matter what!

This is really exciting. The whole month of August with every game being a nailbiter and it wont change in september... and hopefully october.

Have any of you ever seen a team like this? One that somehow finds ways to win with a terrible bullpen and all the issues surrounding it?

There's talk that jerry is gonna get 2 more years and who can argue against that at this point...

Jerry has made some mistakes but not nearly as much as Willie did in a time period. The guy just did not know how to use his pen. Jerry is still guessing but is giving them short outings to give them some confidence. He seems to motivate his players more and the pitches react better when Warthen comes to the mound. This is a better team than last year, it just took them so long to show their true colors. The additions of Ayala and Stokes were huge for this pen. Stokes throws some nasty shit. I wonder who Big Pelf hits tomorrow.