SportsWrath

how many times have we watched XLII?

Thatius

I have recieved about 5 DVDS of the SB.

Two have all the games from NE to NE. Two are stupid season long highlights and one is the super bowl plus the resiliency thing.

The winter i only watched it once, Spring i watched all the games once, Summer i stayed away

Since training camp i have watche dthe resiliency DVD 5 times and the dallas and packer game 2 times

i watched a bit of the first NE game just to laugh at them going 16-0 at the stadium and 18-1 in the super bowl, losers.

so i haved watched XLII 6 times, not including the live version.

Wheww...I thought I was going to be the only one. I'm going to buy the full playoff DVD set but I doubt I'll watch it too often. It just doesn't come close to live so it's not terribly exciting.

Yeah I never get excited about watching old games for some reason.

Yeah I never get excited about watching old games for some reason.

I am with you, the excitement is basically gone. The problem is when you re-watch you know everything in advance. When Eli was almost sacked in the SB my stomach sank, just like when Moss scored, and I thought we were fucked and then the desperate pitch and catch was even more nerve wracking but now I know the ending. I am going to get the DVD for a few years from now for some nostalgia but right now it's not a biggie.

I am with you, the excitement is basically gone. The problem is when you re-watch you know everything in advance. When Eli was almost sacked in the SB my stomach sank, just like when Moss scored, and I thought we were fucked and then the desperate pitch and catch was even more nerve wracking but now I know the ending. I am going to get the DVD for a few years from now for some nostalgia but right now it's not a biggie.

That's true... but I also think that's what separates the fans from the fanatics.

When you watch a play for the first or even second time, you're concerned about down, yardage, etc. But when you examine the play more, you start to notice all kinds of subtle things that you missed the first time around. Things like, "Oh my God, Chris Snee just pancaked that tackle," or "Jeremy Shockey gave up on that route."

You get to really study the game tape. Dorky, I know, but I'm a fanatic. :TU:

i got the 5 DVD set and also the Giants Superbowl run DVD... i watch it about once a day.. pop it in and fall asleep on it...

on another note,, anyone wiht the superbowl run DVD notice after Plex caught that winning TD.. when O'Hara went to congra him saying " that was a great catch man".. Plex just knotted his head as in saying" whatever"... i guess they don't like each other...

Wolf

my friend got it from some sidewalk vendor in manhatten and gave it to me. Its a real shitty recording very grainy and its only the super bowl. I watch it because i like the resiliency thing then it goes right to the entrance.

as for knowing whats going to happen, i have to say, the more i watch it the more i think we should have won that game 42-17

Seriously we kicked the shit out of them. Running the ball, we just tanked their defence. If Eli could have taken advantage of the situation he could have had a huge game, instead of pulling one out of his ass.

For me i could see that Eli was far from the MVP, not even the offensive MVP, just the guy who almost threw an interception to end it.

But whatever you think of Eli, it is definitely worth watching again, just to see the complete domination.

Wolf

my friend got it from some sidewalk vendor in manhatten and gave it to me. Its a real shitty recording very grainy and its only the super bowl. I watch it because i like the resiliency thing then it goes right to the entrance.

as for knowing whats going to happen, i have to say, the more i watch it the more i think we should have won that game 42-17

Seriously we kicked the shit out of them. Running the ball, we just tanked their defence. If Eli could have taken advantage of the situation he could have had a huge game, instead of pulling one out of his ass.

For me i could see that Eli was far from the MVP, not even the offensive MVP, just the guy who almost threw an interception to end it.

But whatever you think of Eli, it is definitely worth watching again, just to see the complete domination.

Can you just do us a favor and stick to posting in the Politics section? Thanks.