SportsWrath

Thoughts/Concerns/etc... for the upcoming season

BurnThePhilFans

I think if the Giants can stay healthy they will be on their way to a 4th straight playoff appearance (has that ever happened in Giants history?!). I expect Eli to improve and continue where he left off from last year. It is absolutely crucial that he has a good second half of the season (unlike the past 2 years). Smith, Toomer and especially Plax need to get back on the field and see some real action in the preseason as soon as possible. I think we have outstanding depth at RB and I don't see Droughns making the team. Jacobs should have been used in goal line situations to begin with and with Droughns out a spot opens up for Ware. With Ward prob. getting some offers at the end of this year, I could see the Giants not pursuing him if they have Bradshaw and Ware to pick up the slack. The D line looks great (especially against the run). I expect to see Ross and Madison as the two starting corners again (I don't thinl Web is ready). Linebacker is a concern of mine going into the season. We will see how Kiwanuka does in his sophmore stint there and I expect Clark to beat out Wilkinson (depth here scares me). Kenny Phillips will be the starter by week 3 and will impress, although the secondary is the glaring weakness of this team right now (on paper). I really hope the Giants part ways with Moss. I am not sold on him

Thoughts, comments?...

Ware will be gone before Droughns, he's a favorite of Coughlin, plus he can do various duties(rb, return). But I agree, I like Ware better and think the kid has tremendous upside.

Coughlin openly said that he was not pleased about what Droughns said about him not being committed last year.

Ware is a talented kid. I'd rather keep him then a guy who's best upside is making a tackle on the 30 during a kick return.

Coughlin openly said that he was not pleased about what Droughns said about him not being committed last year.

Ware is a talented kid. I'd rather keep him then a guy who's best upside is making a tackle on the 30 during a kick return.

I've never heard that, and thats probably because what Ruben said is what others were saying at that time. It still doesnt change the fact that he's a favorite of Coughlin. But you'll get no argument here, like I said, I'd rather have Ware than Droughns.