SportsWrath

Boldin wants to be traded.

Virginia Giant

OK, so we pay a first round pick. I doubt the price would be any higher than a first, and we have 2 second round picks. If there is a player we want in the last first round, we could use those picks to trade for a late first rounder. All we'd lose is a second rounder.

Looking at it objectively. We have an injured number one, an old number 2 and a number three who looks great, but how will he fair against starting cb's? Behind those guys, there are a lot of talented guys that could very well be awesome.

For sure, a luzury, but a luxury we can afford. And we're no longer playing for the future, now is our future and it's time to act like it. If we get outbid, fine, but I thinka first rounder gets him.

Guys, our number 1, 2 and 3 recievers are possesion recievers. Why do need another? We need someone stretch the field with pure speed. Bolding is not the answer...

I don't agree. Plax is no possission receiver, he'a both a field stretcher and possession receiver. Toomer and Smith are both possessionb receivers, and we have pure burners in our system. We don't have a receiver with Boldin's ability in our system, exceopt Plax. Boldin can turn a 5 yard out into a 40 yard TD as well as anyone.

I don't agree. Plax is no possission receiver, he'a both a field stretcher and possession receiver. Toomer and Smith are both possessionb receivers, and we have pure burners in our system. We don't have a receiver with Boldin's ability in our system, exceopt Plax. Boldin can turn a 5 yard out into a 40 yard TD as well as anyone.

So want our number 1 and 2 recievers to have combine salary or 17-20 milllion dollars a year?

So want our number 1 and 2 recievers to have combine salary or 17-20 milllion dollars a year?

What do I care what they make? Obviously if it cannot be done, so be it. If it ruins our cap space and makes us unable to sign important players and reward those who deserve a reward, don't do it. But the cost of having a player like Boldin has to be weighed against who we would lose. If we have a capable replacement in place, where's the problem. madison, McQuarters, and Clarke are all only going to be Giants for no more than 2 years including this one. We have out nucleaus locked up. I think we're in fine finacial shape to get Boldin.

Sure, talk about this now guys. :rolleyes: I already brought this up about a month ago, when he first started grumbling. I'd like to have him, but dont feel WR is an area of that much concern. The guys a beast though, extremely talented and loaded with heart.

I'd rather keep the first, save a lot of cash, and develop all the talented receivers we have from within. Keep in mind we're at a point right now that whoever we cut from the WRs is most likely someone we think is good enough to play for plenty of other teams.

This is an offense predicated on power running and we don't need two big time receivers that would eat up too much of our cap.

He wants $10 million a year. Plax won't get $10 mil a year and I'll take Plax over Boldin any day.

Anyway, one rumor going around was Boldin to Philly for Lito Sheppard, which sounds more plausible.

It's not a bad idea VG, just unrealistic.