SportsWrath

Things look good for the team, BUT....

BleedinBlue

In all these kickers defense(aside from Feely who just blew it that Seattle game)many of the problems have been with the snap, spot hold. Particularly in the case of Matt Bryant in 2002( the san fran game) and for Tynes early in 2007 with the extra points(2) and on that chip shot inside of 40 one he missed in GB in the champ game. Its so important that the snap and spot and hold be right and last year it took a while for Alford to adapt after the training camp injury to Kuehl(who I do not think I ever saw make a bad snap). We can worry about the kicker all we want, but if the snaps and placement are no good it does not matter who is kicking the ball.

Kicker's are important, but back-up QB? I for one like Carr and think behind our line he could succeed if called into action. He's shown something in pre-season (pre-season, I know). But isn't back-up QB behind a Manning (or Favre) something akin to the Maytag repairman anyway?!

Kicker's are important, but back-up QB? I for one like Carr and think behind our line he could succeed if called into action. He's shown something in pre-season (pre-season, I know). But isn't back-up QB behind a Manning (or Favre) something akin to the Maytag repairman anyway?!

I'm not following your analogy. A good backup qb is very akin to an insurance policy.

The bottom line with backup Qb's is this, no team is as well off if they lose their starter, because if they were chances are the backup would be the starter in the first place.

I am also in agreement that Carr is a nice insurance policy, but something tells me that Wright gets the job because he knows the offense. You can do worse than these two as your primary backup.

In all these kickers defense(aside from Feely who just blew it that Seattle game)many of the problems have been with the snap, spot hold. Particularly in the case of Matt Bryant in 2002( the san fran game) and for Tynes early in 2007 with the extra points(2) and on that chip shot inside of 40 one he missed in GB in the champ game. Its so important that the snap and spot and hold be right and last year it took a while for Alford to adapt after the training camp injury to Kuehl(who I do not think I ever saw make a bad snap). We can worry about the kicker all we want, but if the snaps and placement are no good it does not matter who is kicking the ball.

Just ask Ray Finkle.