SportsWrath

A painful memory...

BurnThePhilFans

I make a motion that anyone who mentions this disgusting game gets banned for a week without warning- just dropped thru the trap door. anyone second?

'That game' was on NFL Network's "top 10 controversial plays" program. I think 'that game' was like top 3 bad calls ever.

I've mentioned it twice, do I get to be dropped thru the trap door, or should I just ban myself?

'That game' was on NFL Network's "top 10 controversial plays" program. I think 'that game' was like top 3 bad calls ever.

I've mentioned it twice, do I get to be dropped thru the trap door, or should I just ban myself?

yes you should

No, you bring that game up twice you just get murdered to prevent a 3rd.

If Manny played for the Kansas City Royals and batted 250 and had half the career he's had, then we could blame his poor performance on the fact he's a dick, right?.

Because the only reason I can see for you saying you think Shockey stank , is that he's a jerk off the field.

And if you think that Shockey was the main culprit for what happened in San Francisco, then simply put you didn't watch the game. The rest of the comments you're making makes it seem that you don't pay attention to a lot of what goes on out there. I can name a lot of guys who were more responsible for what went on in San Francisco before I get to Shockey's name. And if you think that I'm bias towards him, then read my other posts recently. I don't care for some of the shit he's pulled recently, but I certainly don't let it cloud my judgement so much that I flat out refuse to acknowledge anything. TO is a good player, Randy Moss is a good player. Both jerks

The first part of your post makes very little sense in the context of this conversation. I haven't said anything at all in this thread about the guy's off-the-field behavior, so I'm having a hard time even figuring out where you're coming from. Truthfully, you seem like the one who's not paying attention.

I've given more than enough on the field examples of why the guy was such a disappointment- the stupid penalties, the excessive celebrations after routine plays, the mindless taunting, the dropped passes, the tired "hands thrown up in the air" routine- should I go on? I mean, if you don't feel like the guy was a huge reason for the Niner debacle, great for you. Blame whoever you want. But if you're gonna say the guy didn't lose his composure in that game (which, to me, says he was a big contributor to a bad loss), I think maybe you were the one who wasn't watching. I've watched every Giant game for the last 32 years. I'm pretty sure I didn't accidentally miss that one.

That was a horrible day. I remember walking home from my buddie's house drunk as shit, wearing my Sehorn jersey and being heckled the whole walk by cars driving by. The pain of that lose lingered for a few months, then I got over it when the season started up again. That was the worst I can ever remember, but not nearly as bad as when the Yanks choked it hard in 04. That will never go away.

The first part of your post makes very little sense in the context of this conversation. I haven't said anything at all in this thread about the guy's off-the-field behavior, so I'm having a hard time even figuring out where you're coming from. Truthfully, you seem like the one who's not paying attention.

I've given more than enough on the field examples of why the guy was such a disappointment- the stupid penalties, the excessive celebrations after routine plays, the mindless taunting, the dropped passes, the tired "hands thrown up in the air" routine- should I go on? I mean, if you don't feel like the guy was a huge reason for the Niner debacle, great for you. Blame whoever you want. But if you're gonna say the guy didn't lose his composure in that game (which, to me, says he was a big contributor to a bad loss), I think maybe you were the one who wasn't watching. I've watched every Giant game for the last 32 years. I'm pretty sure I didn't accidentally miss that one.

Mickeef, you think Shockey sucked as a player because of his personality, simple as that. You don't waste any chance to point this out. At least half the players in the NFL act the same way as you describe, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens you name it. They spike the ball, taunt each other, I mean come on, if you've been watching the league for 32 years, then really this shouldn't even be a factor. For you to pin the 49ers loss on his actions is ridiculous, but your dislike for the guy means you're willing to be. Do the names Trey Junkin, Shaun Williams, Omar Stoutmire ring a bell?. How about those guys on defense spotted a 20 plus lead and let Jeff Garcia and Terrell Owens walk all over us. And even then, after all that, we had 2 chances to win it, and the special teams blew it. Again, none of that factors in for you, just the fact that Shockey threw ice at someone and dropped a touchdown pass and that he lost composure....one guy outta 53 was the major factor for the loss!!!. And again, I'm not saying he's right for his bad behaviour, but then again I don't expect much from any athlete in terms of character, that's not what I watch sports for and no-one should.

That was a horrible day. I remember walking home from my buddie's house drunk as shit, wearing my Sehorn jersey and being heckled the whole walk by cars driving by. The pain of that lose lingered for a few months, then I got over it when the season started up again. That was the worst I can ever remember, but not nearly as bad as when the Yanks choked it hard in 04. That will never go away.

The 2 worst games of my life I had to go to work immediately following the game. 9ers game and Ravens super bowl game. But that 9ers game, that crushed me, I literally lost my voice from yelling. My mom even commented on the yelling.

AHhh....you bring back memories of my worst days as a fan. Each one of them crushed me almost beyond repair. We share two of them:

- The imploding Giants getting knocked out of the playoffs by the 49'rs;

- The Yankees choke job against the Sox;

- and the last second fall away jump shot from the corner by Indiana's Keith Smart to beat Syracuse in the national title game - I still hurt from that one. Would've been the first national championship for S.U. in my lifetime. Another one that killed me was when Syracuse was snubbed from the 2007 NCAA tournament after winning 24 games (including beating G'Town twice, Villanova, Marquette, and just plain crushing Connecticut)....I was a zombie for a week after that.

The worst nightmare for an SU fan:

Mickeef, you think Shockey sucked as a player because of his personality, simple as that. You don't waste any chance to point this out. At least half the players in the NFL act the same way as you describe, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens you name it. They spike the ball, taunt each other, I mean come on, if you've been watching the league for 32 years, then really this shouldn't even be a factor. For you to pin the 49ers loss on his actions is ridiculous, but your dislike for the guy means you're willing to be. Do the names Trey Junkin, Shaun Williams, Omar Stoutmire ring a bell?. How about those guys on defense spotted a 20 plus lead and let Jeff Garcia and Terrell Owens walk all over us. And even then, after all that, we had 2 chances to win it, and the special teams blew it. Again, none of that factors in for you, just the fact that Shockey threw ice at someone and dropped a touchdown pass and that he lost composure....one guy outta 53 was the major factor for the loss!!!. And again, I'm not saying he's right for his bad behaviour, but then again I don't expect much from any athlete in terms of character, that's not what I watch sports for and no-one should.

You're confused. I think you need to go back and read the things I've said about Shockey in this thread. Nowhere do I say, or have I ever said for that matter, that Shockey "sucked as a player". That's you trying to put words in my mouth. What I have said since day one of his Giant career was that he was extremely immature, and would never reach his full potential if he didn't grow up. That he did stupid things on the field. That these kinds of things cost teams games, and that they'd be better off without him if he didn't change. The enablers out there in Giant world, and there were plenty of them- including our inept head coach at the time (and truthfully, I have no idea whether you've been a Shockey supporter or not, and I really don't care), said that he had to play with that "fire", that they loved his "intensity". Well, San Fran was a microcosm of all the things Jeremy Shockey did wrong in his Giant career on the field- dropped passes, stupid penalties, etc., etc. Did these things help cost the Giants the game? I guess you don't think so, and I do. That's really just a matter of opinion. But don't turn this into an argument about whether or not Jeremy Shockey "sucked". That's never been my contention.