SportsWrath

Michael Johnson

BIGBLUE01

Any news on how Johnson is doing in camp? I really like this kid, and he showed flashes last yr. Seems to have a good nose for the ball. I know we got Phillips, but I fully expected Johnson to start by this season. Anyone know?

Any news on how Johnson is doing in camp? I really like this kid, and he showed flashes last yr. Seems to have a good nose for the ball. I know we got Phillips, but I fully expected Johnson to start by this season. Anyone know?

Going into camp, Johnson and Butler were considered the starters. But Philips is turning some heads up there.

But arent Johnson and Butler vying for the same FS position? Or does Sammy seem to have that? I was hoping Johnson would get the SS, but I read somewhere Johnson was gonna battle Butler for the FS.

Last year, Dahl replaced Butler and Johnson replaced Wilson. However Spagnolo system requires the safeties to be able to play both free and strong. Giants safeties in camp are all pretty much around the same size.

Anyway, i was only quoting what the safeties coach said before mini camp.

Last year, Dahl replaced Butler and Johnson replaced Wilson. However Spagnolo system requires the safeties to be able to play both free and strong. Giants safeties in camp are all pretty much around the same size.

Anyway, i was only quoting what the safeties coach said before mini camp.

Boohyah, how are you Lad? Did you see the Margarito - Cotto fight? I was amazed at how much bigger Margarito is/was. I don't think Mayweather would want any part of him.

I have boxed for the last year with a trainer and have officially become addicted to tghe sport. Let me tell you though. Margarito wants NOTHING to do with Mayweather. He knows he will get rocked but is trying to get the fight for the big payday. Margarito can take a hit and he throws more punches in a match than anyone but he is slow and doesn't throw hard. He is not quick enough to keep Mayweather backing up all day like he did with Cotto. Even though Cotto lost the fight he showed in the early rounds he is way quicker than Margarito (he just got tired from taking too many punches even though they were soft). Floyd's defense is amazing and he won't get backed up all day like Cotto did. Margarito doesn't have the power to knock Floyd out.

Boohyah, how are you Lad? Did you see the Margarito - Cotto fight? I was amazed at how much bigger Margarito is/was. I don't think Mayweather would want any part of him.

Lord Charles of Tags, how art thou.

Margarito has been awfully impressive against Cotto and before that Cintron. He started out way too slow against Paul Williams and never caught up. His body punching was awesome and watching him breaking down fighters of that quality is something special. I wanted Margarito to win, but it's not because I dislike Cotto, I have a lot of respect for him, he's a good boxer who puts out a great effort everytime, but from the 6th round on, he was a hurt fighter.

However, I don't know why Mayweather won't fight him. Mayweather, even though I hate the fucker, has beaten everyone put in front of him. hatton was supposed to grind him down and mayweather busted him up badly. Plus pretty boy can wear you down with his punching, I could see him getting to margarito and beating him.

The guy who wants nothing to do with him is De la Hoya. De la Hoya wants Pacman, because he thinks he can deal with his punches, he's in for a shock.

I have boxed for the last year with a trainer and have officially become addicted to tghe sport. Let me tell you though. Margarito wants NOTHING to do with Mayweather. He knows he will get rocked but is trying to get the fight for the big payday. Margarito can take a hit and he throws more punches in a match than anyone but he is slow and doesn't throw hard. He is not quick enough to keep Mayweather backing up all day like he did with Cotto. Even though Cotto lost the fight he showed in the early rounds he is way quicker than Margarito (he just got tired from taking too many punches even though they were soft). Floyd's defense is amazing and he won't get backed up all day like Cotto did. Margarito doesn't have the power to knock Floyd out.

I agree 100%. Margarito needs to go after guys like De La Hoya/ Hatton or move up in weight.