SportsWrath

Shockey promises revenge

Lubeck

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/gia...0,5338424.story

Shockey has promised to get revenge on Giants

BY TOM ROCK | tom.rock@newsday.com

July 22, 2008

Even though the Giants apparently have done exactly what Jeremy Shockey asked them to do - trade him to the Saints - the tight end previously told reporters from Newsday's Kidsday in a video interview that he will be looking for revenge when he takes the field against his old team.

"If the team trades me, I promise you I'm going to make them pay," Shockey told the youngsters during a promotional appearance in Queens in early June. "If I ever get a chance to play against a team that trades me, it's not going to be a pretty sight."

The Giants and Saints are not scheduled to meet this season, but could both be playoff contenders and possibly meet in the postseason. The teams are scheduled to play in New Orleans in 2009.

Shockey also told the Kidsday interviewers that if he had not been drafted by the Giants, he would have wanted to be selected by the Saints.

The Giants had no such fighting words for Shockey as he left town.

"It's the business of football, it's what happens," Giants guard Rich Seubert said yesterday. "You have to move on. We'll be fine without him and best of luck to him wherever he goes."

I loved ya Shockey, but get over it. It didnt wk out so move on. They'll probably use you the way you want to be used, so you should be happy. Hell, you got a ring with us even though you didnt play in the actual game, but you got one with us. Geez, worse things could happen.....GET OVER IT SHOCK!!!

And to spout off in the Kidsday column that appears in the Sunday comics of NewsDay was totally inappropriate. Basically the kids ask questions about what is your favorite color and is it fun to play football. Methinks Shockey is a Class A narcissist.

I loved ya Shockey, but get over it. It didnt wk out so move on. They'll probably use you the way you want to be used, so you should be happy. Hell, you got a ring with us even though you didnt play in the actual game, but you got one with us. Geez, worse things could happen.....GET OVER IT SHOCK!!!

To be fair this was said BEFORE the trade. Let's leave it at that.. and even if he talks shit, let him.. I like our to team to do not talk.

To be fair this was said BEFORE the trade. Let's leave it at that.. and even if he talks shit, let him.. I like our to team to do not talk.

Yeah it was said before the trade. But wasn't he already looking to be traded at that time?

Like many of you here on the board I am long time Giant fan and

my roots go back to the mid 60's as a 6 yr old watching them with dad.

With that said I cannot remember the Giants ever trading a multi pro bowl

player at least not within the last 20 to 30 years.

For this to happen something was seriously out of sync with Shockey!

O well will just have to adapt to life without him.

Too bad he has a set of bad wiring in the brain.

Well, it just goes to show you how shitty the journalism is in New York. Digging up a piece from June and packaging as today's news.

No, it digs up a story from June that relates to Mondays news and reports it.

No, it digs up a story from June that relates to Mondays news and reports it.

Let's not be daft here here Lube. It says "has" which clearly implies that he just said it. That's the impact they wanted the story to have and then they dig up a piece from last month. This has lame and desperation all over it.

Let's not be daft here here Lube. It says "has" which clearly implies that he just said it. That's the impact they wanted the story to have and then they dig up a piece from last month. This has lame and desperation all over it.

I don't think I'm the one being daft here. He said he would seek revenge on any team that traded him. Seeing as he had at that point only been on one team, which team do you think he was talking about? This comment also came after months of media reports about the Saints wanting to trade for him.

assuming that this story is on target and true, it still doesn't matter; he also said he was going to make Parcells pay and that went about 50/50.

Also, I don't know if he'll even be healthy when and if we do play one another. Good luck Jeremy, I enjoyed you thoroughly, but I also saw you interviewed on 212 a few times and you seemed like a dopey 27 yr old. It could be difficult to fully support you.

You could prove everyone wrong though...by catching the balls thrown to you.

"If the team trades me, I promise you I'm going to make them pay," Shockey told the youngsters during a promotional appearance in Queens in early June. "If I ever get a chance to play against a team that trades me, it's not going to be a pretty sight."

So let me ask you all, does that really sound like a guy that wants to be traded?

And to spout off in the Kidsday column that appears in the Sunday comics of NewsDay was totally inappropriate. Basically the kids ask questions about what is your favorite color and is it fun to play football. Methinks Shockey is a Class A narcissist.

No make that a first class asshole.

So let me ask you all, does that really sound like a guy that wants to be traded?

This was pre-mini camp. Everything I have read about his wanting out came post-mini camp.

But you are right it sounds like someone who does not want to be traded. Whatever happened at mini camp must have changed his mind, if you believe the media reports.

This was pre-mini camp. Everything I have read about his wanting out came post-mini camp.

But you are right it sounds like someone who does not want to be traded. Whatever happened at mini camp must have changed his mind, if you believe the media reports.

This has been my point the whole time. You have Shockey first talking to the media just before mini camp saying he's kept quiet unlike the Giants. Then he shows up to camp, doesn't actually practice and is rumoured to get in a "shouting match" with Reece. Then all the talk of him "wanting out" starts circulating.

I honestly think he was upset towards the end of the season about not being on the field and nothing else. The guy's a competitor, you gotta give him that. The bollox about not being on the sidelines and subsequently not showing up to the post-SB events is kinda understandable in that context, at least to me. Self-indulgent for sure but understandable. What happened between then and camp was all the pre-draft trade rumours which we now know were true. Pile on all the talk about how we won because Shockey wasn't on the field and you can see how the guy could start feeling pretty fucking unwanted in NY. He obviously had a chip on his shoulder going into mini-camp.

[

I don't think I'm the one being daft here. He said he would seek revenge on any team that traded him. Seeing as he had at that point only been on one team, which team do you think he was talking about? This comment also came after months of media reports about the Saints wanting to trade for him.

So this was said before he was traded. And everyone says he wants a trade. Right..... Keep hatin.

[

So this was said before he was traded. And everyone says he wants a trade. Right..... Keep hatin.

I really appreciated reading all the views posted on this topic. I believe that only time will tell who was benefited by the trade. :confused:

I don't know if it sounds like a guy who wants to be traded or not.. if I had to guess I'll say no.. maybe at the time he felt the heat and had 2nd thoughts but I tell you what this sounds like.. it sounds like a kind in junior high issuing threats. If being in the NFL alone doesn't get you to play to your fullest, then you're not worthy.. now suddenly he's going to play lights out because the team opposite of him has NY on their helmets?... how about our team pummels him?