SportsWrath

Losing Kavika Mitchell

eagleEye

You kind of contradicted yourself. The guy we signed is getting old. Wilson is kind of young. And you missed my main point about Strahan in that we are missing the 4th Ace now.

But on the bright side, we only had three aces on the field for the entire playoff run. Kiwi is coming back :)

You kind of contradicted yourself. The guy we signed is getting old. Wilson is kind of young. And you missed my main point about Strahan in that we are missing the 4th Ace now.

Yes the guy we signed isn't young.. he's there for a year or 2 max.. just in case our draft pick needs another year to get ready.

Knight is a short-term signing while our young safties develop. He doesn't need to be young, and he gives us experience that we need. None of our other safties are what you would call a savvy vet, so it made sense to sign the older guy to mentor, ala Brent Alexander and Gibril.

You are also forgetting that Jay Alford is primarily a pass-rushing tackle, and that was what got him on this team. And if Wilkinson can finally get on the field with his speed, we have potentially the biggest weakside blitzing threat we've had this decade.

That's not saying Mitchel wasn't a great pickup for us, and he won't be missed (he had a knack of getting to the right spot, and that only comes with experience); but our linebacker group looks better right now than it has in a very long time. No air guitars, no nursing bad knees before a single snap in training camp--I'd take my chances.