SportsWrath

Mike Jacobs does have a sweet swing

xxi-xxv

Knowing the Mets history I am sure he will develop into a star. On the bright side it should be only a few more years before we ravage the Marlins roster again when they inevitably dump salary. From Al Leiter, to Dennis Cook to Mike Piazza to LoDuca and Delgado the Marlins always seem to come through when we need a veteran player.

Jacobs has an excellent swing but for some reason even during his great start I wasn't too fond of him. He missed pitches high and away that any lefty with that type of swing would clobber. I don't know why but I just didn't think he'd work out in NY.

Watching the game?

yeah WB has it because if it were on SNY I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SEE THEM

Directv is on the clock... NFL ticket or not, no Mets they are gone. Its not like without them I cannot see the Giants.

yeah WB has it because if it were on SNY I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SEE THEM

Directv is on the clock... NFL ticket or not, no Mets they are gone. Its not like without them I cannot see the Giants.

I wish I could say the same, but we have Sunday Tickey because my dad is a Phins fan...

I wish I could say the same, but we have Sunday Tickey because my dad is a Phins fan...

If Directv does not get SNY they are setting themselves up for lawsuits based on the fact that they advertise their MLB package and the fact that the viewer "gets all the home teams feeds". If they do not get SNY they are fucking lying.

BTW this Olsen dude has just balked twice now.

He fucking rocked that.... what a crack...

I know its ST, but I think that we will DESPISE Julio.

My Yankee fan friends tell me how much he blows and that they were always happy when he would come in, just as they were when Armando would come in years ago.

I am sure that Jacobs will blossom into the next great lefty power bat in the NL and Delgado will be limited to less than 80 games due to various mysterious ailments that never happened before he got dressed in a Mets uniform. :doh:

I am sure that Jacobs will blossom into the next great lefty power bat in the NL and Delgado will be limited to less than 80 games due to various mysterious ailments that never happened before he got dressed in a Mets uniform. :doh:

You're like the Fab 4 of Mets fans :doh:

You're like the Fab 4 of Mets fans :doh:

no that would be if I downed the Mets, but come on shall I start a list......

Jim Fregosi= traded for Nolan Ryan

George Foster= Mets first big name 1980's free agent after his 52 homer season in 77

Frank Viola(outside 1 great year)- 1987 Al cy young award winner traded for 5 players in 89(one Rick Aguilera and the other Kevin Tapani)

Kevin McReynolds= traded for kevin mitchell

Brett Saberhagen= shit shit shit

Vince Coleman= makes TO look like a great guy

Bobby Bonilla= 97 WS champ,

Tony Fernandez-great before he was a Met, awful as a Met , 2 WS titles after leaving the Mets

Mel Rojas= the premiere right handed set up man in the NL with Montreal, (key fact WITH MONTREAL)

Roberto Alomar= 300 20 100 100 runs scored 30 steals in 01, Rey Ordonez like in 02 as a Met

Mo Vaughn= would have broken all hitting records if he hit his weight as a Met, former consisten 35 hr guy and 100 rbi man, looked like a fat old man as a Met

Jeromy Burnitz= 30 homer guy every year leading up to his signing back with the Mets, barely hit 200 with

the Mets in 02, traded away and back to being a 30 homer guy again.

Tom Glavine- 15+ wins year and year out, comes to the Mets resembles Glendon Rusch

Carlos Beltran = see George Foster circa1982

If there are some I forgot please remind me.

NOw you see why I am the way I am with them?

I would rather see them go with their own young guys, over the course of the franchises history that has been the way that they have won when they win.

For every Pedro and Piazza and Leiter there is a Coleman, Bonilla and Alomar.

Mo Vaughn= would have broken all hitting records if he hit his weight as a Met, former consisten 35 hr guy and 100 rbi man, looked like a fat old man as a Met

As bad as Mo was for us, I'm always going to remember his series's against the Yankees. He destroyed them and I remember on this one particular home run, he hit it in Yankees stadium way in the upper deck and it hit the hot dog guy in the back of the leg! Ironically, it was the hot dog guy. Waste of money and crappy seasons with Mets aside, he did provide us excitement there.