SportsWrath

Kenny Philps

xxi-xxv

Fucking Awesome!

Now I can take that red Barber jersey I swore to never wear again and sew Phillips' name over it and... voila! My new Kenny Phillips jersey is ready for the first game of the season! :TU:

Some of us will never get over it, I guess. :rolleyes:

I think thats a good reason to idolize someone. Someone who had personal deamons but overcame them and turned a corner in his life. Thats a good person to look at and see if you can skip the bad shit.

You could well say that Taylor himself was a personal demon.

There are plenty of people around the league who live much better lives than taylor and never had to turn it around. One of the reasons he had to turn it around was that the Redskins could very well have been looking into getting rid of him. Let's face facts, for the first 3 years this kid was in the league, he underperformed on it and he behaved like a thug off it. He pulled a gun on a guy and then went back and laid a beating on him. He should have gone to jail. So he had to get his act together or else he could have been released. He also had a kid so he had to grow up fast. I'll never forget his hit on the punter in the fucking pro bowl of all places!.

In fact, he would be better served honoring Tiki, a guy who despite his flaws in terms of keeping his mouth shut to the press, has lived a good life off of it and behaved like a proper human being. In that regard I agree with Blue.

There are plenty of people around the league who live much better lives than taylor and never had to turn it around. One of the reasons he had to turn it around was that the Redskins could very well have been looking into getting rid of him. Let's face facts, for the first 3 years this kid was in the league, he underperformed on it and he behaved like a thug off it. He pulled a gun on a guy and then went back and laid a beating on him. He should have gone to jail. So he had to get his act together or else he could have been released. He also had a kid so he had to grow up fast. I'll never forget his hit on the punter in the fucking pro bowl of all places!.

In fact, he would be better served honoring Tiki, a guy who despite his flaws in terms of keeping his mouth shut to the press, has lived a good life off of it and behaved like a proper human being. In that regard I agree with Blue.

I'm not disagreeing, but Taylor did start turning his life around, he did grow up. And a guy that , went to the same school, played the same position etc. A guy who no doubt was a scum bag for the better part of his youth, then turned it around for one reason or another. Thats someone a young man can look at and see he went through some bad shit, did some bad shit, but in the end he got it straightened out.

Exactly boohyah, the guys character was much better in all aspects. Of course, I add the fact that he's a Skin, and fuck em. :P But thats just me, Im helpless. :rolleyes:

Exactly boohyah, the guys character was much better in all aspects. Of course, I add the fact that he's a Skin, and fuck em. :P But thats just me, Im helpless. :rolleyes:

Blue, these University of Miami guys are fiercely loyal to each other. They train together, run together, long after they leave the place. So I understand to some extents why he is doing it. But I think his reason is a poor one. Hey I know he has no connection with Pat Tillman, but wouldn't he be a better role model. Hell Ed Reed was a better leader than Taylor and he's UM, wear 20.

I just don't agree with the Taylor honoring overall, I don't want to see the kid die, but it's almost like he's a martyr in the league when he was far from it.

Blue, these University of Miami guys are fiercely loyal to each other. They train together, run together, long after they leave the place. So I understand to some extents why he is doing it. But I think his reason is a poor one. Hey I know he has no connection with Pat Tillman, but wouldn't he be a better role model. Hell Ed Reed was a better leader than Taylor and he's UM, wear 20.

I just don't agree with the Taylor honoring overall, I don't want to see the kid die, but it's almost like he's a martyr in the league when he was far from it.

No one's calling him a martyr, anything but.

Totally agree boohyah. When I hard he got shot, I was sad for his family, but the first thing I thought, was he probably did something to someone, guy was a thug. And he's doing it to honor a Redskin? Fuck that, thats Tiki's number, and he better do justice for Tiki, not Taylor.

Tiki who?

I think he's a commentator, or talks about interior design or something. :P

Yea I don't know what the fuck MSNBC is doing by bringing him on Morning Joe. He's fucking clueless... and I can't stand that square jaw. Every time I see his face, all I could think about is that anonymous source in the locker room....

I really think it doesn't matter who he idolizes. As long as he picks off passes and lays the wood on opposing receivers, I'm good. If you want to honor Sean Taylor, fine with me, if honoring him means playing like a pro bowler for our NY Giants! But he also should feel honored to be wearing the jersey number of one of the greatest Giant players of all time, and should be respectful of that while making sure he keeps up the tradition of excellence that Tiki carried with that number on the field every Sunday.

I really think it doesn't matter who he idolizes. As long as he picks off passes and lays the wood on opposing receivers, I'm good. If you want to honor Sean Taylor, fine with me, if honoring him means playing like a pro bowler for our NY Giants! But he also should feel honored to be wearing the jersey number of one of the greatest Giant players of all time, and should be respectful of that while making sure he keeps up the tradition of excellence that Tiki carried with that number on the field every Sunday.

You cant have him, he's mine!!!!!! :P

Fucking Awesome!

Now I can take that red Barber jersey I swore to never wear again and sew Phillips' name over it and... voila! My new Kenny Phillips jersey is ready for the first game of the season! :TU:

Thought the same thing about Jacobs with my Dayne jersey that has been in the bottom of the drawer unworn since after his rookie year.

Make sure she puts her swords and knives away first....then handcuff her just to be sure....then she could beg me all night long. :freaked::wub:

Make sure that Bladed Ball & Chain aren't anywhere around either. :ph34r: