SportsWrath

Anyone mind what Wagner's doing right now?

gateb

El duque pitched that day and went 3 innings.

We lost that game 11-10. Everyone except Feliciano sucked in that game.

And Wagner actually did pitch 2 innings in a game this year.

Hence why I said think, I thought wrong.

He pitched 2 innings in game last year too plenty before Aug 30th, in those situations as in these they were usually

a)games he blew and pitched the 10th

b)tie games at home pitching the 9th and 10th.

How about 2 innings for a save, you know comes in the 8th 1st and 2nd gets out of it and a clean 9th inning for the save? Does not happen with him and when he is asked to do it when he spits the bit he blames someone else(as he did last year).

Hence why I said think, I thought wrong.

He pitched 2 innings in game last year too plenty before Aug 30th, in those situations as in these they were usually

a)games he blew and pitched the 10th

b)tie games at home pitching the 9th and 10th.

How about 2 innings for a save, you know comes in the 8th 1st and 2nd gets out of it and a clean 9th inning for the save? Does not happen with him and when he is asked to do it when he spits the bit he blames someone else(as he did last year).

I was just pointing it out.

You're right about the 6 out save. He just won't do it. At the same time looking around the league there are a lot of contenders that would kill for closer that has been as consistent as Wagner, even if not clutch.

But I do agree. For his contract, he should be shutdown in all situations.

What irks you more about billy? His mouth, or failing in clutch?

i agree w/ x. billy wagner has no business calling out any teammates, putting signs on millege's locker, etc. who does he think he is? just cuz he's a vet he has all this built up credibility? i dont think so. as far as im cocnerned only willie and pedro have the right to be talking this kind of shit.

and i guarentee this did NOT light a fire under perez's ass. since when does this guy respond positively to adversity or tough love? we all see how easily he implodes the second something goes wrong whiel he's pitching. he's got amazing stuff but he's got a fragile makeup. and even if he goes out and pitches 7 shutout innings today, how does that prove that it's cuz of wagner? he already has 3 sscoreless outings this year, he's just inconsistent and he always will be--especially if he can't get his shit together in a contract year

I was just pointing it out.

You're right about the 6 out save. He just won't do it. At the same time looking around the league there are a lot of contenders that would kill for closer that has been as consistent as Wagner, even if not clutch.

But I do agree. For his contract, he should be shutdown in all situations.

What irks you more about billy? His mouth, or failing in clutch?

When a player fails in the clutch you get mad at him, but the real measure of the player is how he handles it afterwards. Take Eli Manning for instance. Guy caught all kinds of shit every time he played poorly for 3 years. Never blamed a teamate, never called out a rceiever for running the wrng route, never blamed his coaches, he took it all in stride and placed it on himself. Had Eli never worked out to be anything more than Dave Brown, you could always say he was a consumate pro and a great teammate. Take Wagner. When he fails its not his fault, its someone elses. He's tired, he is not a 2 inning pitcher, he has been underworked, he has been overworked its just exuse after exuse with him. Thats what I do not like. Wagner is tough to root for if nothing else than he is not as good as he acts, thats the best I can say about him.

i agree w/ x. billy wagner has no business calling out any teammates, putting signs on millege's locker, etc. who does he think he is? just cuz he's a vet he has all this built up credibility? i dont think so. as far as im cocnerned only willie and pedro have the right to be talking this kind of shit.

and i guarentee this did NOT light a fire under perez's ass. since when does this guy respond positively to adversity or tough love? we all see how easily he implodes the second something goes wrong whiel he's pitching. he's got amazing stuff but he's got a fragile makeup. and even if he goes out and pitches 7 shutout innings today, how does that prove that it's cuz of wagner? he already has 3 sscoreless outings this year, he's just inconsistent and he always will be--especially if he can't get his shit together in a contract year

The 3 scoreless outings are misleading... he hasn't gotten into the 6th inning in any of them.

His stuff isn't there this year (so far). Teams are fouling off his balls more, there are less swings and misses, and they are laying off his breaking stuff. Not sure what that tells us, maybe its concentration or hes not in the right physical shape.

• 1 month later...