SportsWrath

Can Joey Harrington Be A Solid Back-Up In Our System??

Plax 4 Prez

Can Harrington Back-Up Eli, Better Than Anyone Currently Available??  

13 members have voted

1. 1. yes or no??

• Yes
    • No

the Cardinals do have the benefits of having a decent coaching staff...but their offense and especially offensive personnel is eerily similar to Detroits...

detroit never had a consistent running game. kevin jones is good, but he just hasn't gotten it all together. arizona how has edge. i think they even have better receivers. charles rogers screwed himself, mike williams did nothing last year and roy williams can't stay healthy. then you've got fitzy and anquan in arizona with edge. give them a tight end and they'll be beast.

detroit never had a consistent running game. kevin jones is good, but he just hasn't gotten it all together. arizona how has edge. i think they even have better receivers. charles rogers screwed himself, mike williams did nothing last year and roy williams can't stay healthy. then you've got fitzy and anquan in arizona with edge. give them a tight end and they'll be beast.

true, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin are definitely better at this point...the Detroit receiver sure have a ton of potential though.

true, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin are definitely better at this point...the Detroit receiver sure have a ton of potential though.

I would still want him on the Giants, even though it won't happen... I think he has tons of potential, but there are certain teams in the NFL that just don't even deserve to take the field.. like Detroit, Arizona, N.O. Saints for example..ne matter how much skill they have they never put together consistent seasons... Arizona on paper has the talent to kick ass next year, especially if they got Harrington, but just because you have talent you don't nessessarily have the chemistry or the coaching staff to do anything other than a couple great games a season...

Guest Carbo
. . but just because you have talent you don't nessessarily have the chemistry or the coaching staff to do anything other than a couple great games a season...
You're talking about Jeremy Shockey, I suppose?

Guest Lockhart
Can you imagine traveling to Albany for camp and watching these to lame QB's throwing the worst looking passes possible??? During the season, these two weaklings can sulk in each other's arms as their receivers laugh at how terrible they throw.

Actually, the will not be laughing, Plax will be standing alone on the sideline counting his money and Shockless will be on his nextel making plans for the evening.

True, Plaxico has adopted Shockey's "me-First" attitude, staying in Miami and skipping the off season program in NJ while collecting millions from the Giants. Both of these receivers will be dissing Boy Blunder on a weekly basis while consulting with Rosenhaus on the "TO Escape Plan" to sign elsewhere for more money and with a team that has a QB that can throw a football.

I would still want him on the Giants, even though it won't happen... I think he has tons of potential, but there are certain teams in the NFL that just don't even deserve to take the field.. like Detroit, Arizona, N.O. Saints for example..ne matter how much skill they have they never put together consistent seasons... Arizona on paper has the talent to kick ass next year, especially if they got Harrington, but just because you have talent you don't nessessarily have the chemistry or the coaching staff to do anything other than a couple great games a season...

I just think Arizona is a defense away from going somewhere.

the Cardinals do have the benefits of having a decent coaching staff...but their offense and especially offensive personnel is eerily similar to Detroits...

And proven WRs. And Edgerrin James.

It may be too late but I think Harrington would be the best fit there, especially learning under Kurt Warner, who did help Eli.

Joey Harrington sucks ass, there is no reason to go get a young QB who has sucked balls so that the first time ELI throws a pick or has a bad game(probably one we even win) jerkoffs can suggest we should bench him for Harrington. What this team needs is a veteran backup Qb that can come in and win games in the event that ELI goes down, not an underachieving youngster who probably needs a chance to play again.

If we had a veteran QB on the downside(Brad Johnson, Drew Bledsoe etc) I would agree that this is a good idea, with a young QB entrenched in the position the idea is silly, not to mention Harrington sucks.

And proven WRs. And Edgerrin James.

It may be too late but I think Harrington would be the best fit there, especially learning under Kurt Warner, who did help Eli.

their WRs coming out of college were very similar though, is what I'm saying. They were all highly scouted and drafted high and the Lions WRs definitely have some potential.

I just think Harrington was in a bad position with WRs who couldn't catch, the worst front office in the league, and a pretty bad coaching staff (though they got most of the blame for the front offices failures).

their WRs coming out of college were very similar though, is what I'm saying. They were all highly scouted and drafted high and the Lions WRs definitely have some potential.

I just think Harrington was in a bad position with WRs who couldn't catch, the worst front office in the league, and a pretty bad coaching staff (though they got most of the blame for the front offices failures).

Obviously, the potential is there but at least right now Arizona has proven WRs.

Guest Lockhart
You're talking about Jeremy Shockey, I suppose?

Boy that does describe Shockey to a tee-5 great games, 5 terrible games and 6 games injured - that's a Jeremy Shockey season.

The only way Joey H gets to be no. 1 on ANY team is if the teams real #1 gets hurt a la Chad P, Mark Brunnell or Kurt Warner.

So sayin' this: I'd like to see Joey P get signed by the Giants for 150G for 2 yrs....cut the fat dood!

The ONLY thing Kurt did to 'help Eli' was to: A - Hold on to the rock too long. B - Not get the ball downfield.

and C - Land himself on the bench to allow Eli to start.

The ONLY thing Warner portrayed was a good sport about the whole thing. IMO of course.

Boy that does describe Shockey to a tee-5 great games, 5 terrible games and 6 games injured - that's a Jeremy Shockey season.

please stop quoting yourself...we all know you are also Carbo

The ONLY thing Kurt did to 'help Eli' was to: A - Hold on to the rock too long. B - Not get the ball downfield.

The ONLY thing Warner portrayed was a good sport about the whole thing. IMO of course.

If you asked Eli, he would say that Kurt helped him out a lot. Eli has even said that. He said that he personally thanked Kurt for everything he did to help Eli while he was benched after he was let go by us.

Maybe he helped him in spring training or in practice, but not in gametime

If you asked Eli, he would say that Kurt helped him out a lot. Eli has even said that. He said that he personally thanked Kurt for everything he did to help Eli while he was benched after he was let go by us.

Eli is the total opposite of Kurt Warner. Eli has a quicker release...Eli is much more mobile...and Eli has a better arm (beleive it or not). I'm not saying Kurt wasn't a great supporter of Eli but as far as 'helping' him??? I don't think so. Warner had habits that NO rookie QB should adapt. Eli's coaches helped Eli...and Eli has gotten valuable experience by being in the GAME! Not by listening and watching Warner.

IMO, this whole 'veteran QB mentoring' thing is way overrated!

Eli is the total opposite of Kurt Warner. Eli has a quicker release...Eli is much more mobile...and Eli has a better arm (beleive it or not). I'm not saying Kurt wasn't a great supporter of Eli but as far as 'helping' him??? I don't think so. Warner had habits that NO rookie QB should adapt. Eli's coaches helped Eli...and Eli has gotten valuable experience by being in the GAME! Not by listening and watching Warner.

It doesn't have to be with the physical attributes. He helped him with reading defenses, he helped him get through his tough times, he was basically Eli's #1 fan when he came in and accepted the fact that he replaced him.

Helping a young QB goes beyond "habits." A veteran like him as classy as he is really has helped Eli whether you guys like it or not.

To say Kurt had little impact on Eli is really absurd to me.

Yeah, but what about his mental awareness, composure, and his practice habits... I'm pretty sure he had an open mind watching and throwing along with Kurt