SportsWrath

Our thoughts on Sinorice Moss have been confirmed

gateb

My earlier remarks about Moss were just that, remarks. But here's how I look at this in terms of wide receiver depth.

Starters are obviously Toomer and Plax. Our first option on 3 man sets is Smith, our emergency backup is Tyree.

You have one spot left, Manningham or Moss, you just picked up the kid in the 3rd round this year and he was projected as a 1st, you've got to do the same as you did for Moss and that's give him time.

Moss played last year and hardly blew anyone way. He runs poor routes and hardly shown any of the speed he was supposed to have. He's not returning kicks or punts, McQuarters does PR and Hixon does KR.

If I was Sinorice, I wouldn't feel out of place to call Jerry Reese and say he's concerned. And if he could get moved in a trade to someone, chances are it would be beneficial to him, all he has to do is talk to Santana and see how it worked out for him.

I think he's the odd man out, maybe it's not fair but he is. No offense but Tim Carter was traded based on the same theory.

Hey boohyah, you're assuming that the Giants are only going to carry 5 WRs. I made that mistake last year and they ended up carrying six after the final cuts. I think Jennings and Hixon will be gone and it will be, in order: Plax, Toomer, Smith, Tyree, Moss, and Manningham. Manningham and Moss will compete for the KR job.

Moss has proven he is afraid to get hit. SItting there live at the game he gets so muchcushion because he he so fast, yet when he catches the ball instead of running straight he runs backwards away from contact. That play in Buffalo was one of the biggest pussiest plays I have ever seen by an NFL player.

Exactly. This kid has NO INSTINCTS for the game, especially as a returner. I don't even think he's that fast, he's just small. Hard to tell though as I've never seen him run in a straight line.

Hey boohyah, you're assuming that the Giants are only going to carry 5 WRs. I made that mistake last year and they ended up carrying six after the final cuts. I think Jennings and Hixon will be gone and it will be, in order: Plax, Toomer, Smith, Tyree, Moss, and Manningham. Manningham and Moss will compete for the KR job.

It was Jennings that really stood out in pre-season last year, before he got IR'ed, right?

I think Moss is staying, and Jennings may be out the door.

I doubt that. Unless his injury is very severe he was getting a lot of reps in pre-season. Moss on the other hand has been doing nothing and has been barely used. Moss as a returner is useless because he will just make a run to the nearest defender or start running in the wrong direction. Also he can be tackled with a pinky.

I'm pretty amazed how one super bowl pretty much has erased some horrible drafts and terrible offseason moves by Ernie Accorsi in the minds of some of the fans.

Accorsi built the super bowl team, well he also built the 4-12 team.

Some people have given up on Moss, I'd just like to point out that the exact same thing happened with the other Moss.

It's been two years(for moss) in which we've had two extremely solid starting wide receivers, good running backs, and an explosive tight end.

Third wide receiver is not gonna see the field alot let alone the 4th. Eli has so many targets as is.

I'll hold off on judging Sinorice Moss until he actually gets to play. You guys do realize both starters are aging and it's not necessarily bad that we have a few highly drafted(READ: young) wide receivers waiting in the wings, right?

Moss has proven he is afraid to get hit. SItting there live at the game he gets so muchcushion because he he so fast, yet when he catches the ball instead of running straight he runs backwards away from contact. That play in Buffalo was one of the biggest pussiest plays I have ever seen by an NFL player.

He was inactive vs. the Bills

I think there's a very good chance they carry 7, with Hixon making the squad. Doing so occurs at the expense of a 9th OL (Koets) or a 4th RB (Droughns). Considering what Hixon brings to the table as a returner and coverage ace (not to mention his potential as a WR -- he was a 4th round pick two years ago), that seems like a reasonable trade-off.

For what it's worth, we have had 7 WRs on the 53-man roster before under Coughlin...

I think there's a very good chance they carry 7, with Hixon making the squad. Doing so occurs at the expense of a 9th OL (Koets) or a 4th RB (Droughns). Considering what Hixon brings to the table as a returner and coverage ace (not to mention his potential as a WR -- he was a 4th round pick two years ago), that seems like a reasonable trade-off.

For what it's worth, we have had 7 WRs on the 53-man roster before under Coughlin...

I can't believe they'd entertain carrying only 3 RBs after last year.

I can't believe they'd entertain carrying only 3 RBs after last year.

Jacobs gets banged up a lot, but Ward's injury was really bad luck and Bradshaw has evolved into a major asset. The 4th RB probably won't even be active on gamedays, and you can always keep someone like Danny Ware on the p-squad.

Jacobs gets banged up a lot, but Ward's injury was really bad luck and Bradshaw has evolved into a major asset. The 4th RB probably won't even be active on gamedays, and you can always keep someone like Danny Ware on the p-squad.

I love Bradshaw but we don't know how durable his zippy little frame is yet. He could be one decent hit away from the IR list himself. I'd sleep better knowing we have 4 known quantities on the roster rather than 3 and one PS questionmark.

Our depth at RB is one of our best assets and I'd hate to see that get eroded away to hold onto a back-up special-teamer WR who could just as easily sit on the PS as an RB.

I'm assuming that they'll carry 5 wide receivers that are starter ready. You always have one or two guys they might keep around. Hixon is considered a wide receiver and he's done more in half a year than Moss has productivity wise IMO. You have Toomer, Plax, Smith, Manningham, Tyree and Hixon. I just don't see a role for the kid here, every one of those guys can cover every aspect of what Moss's strengths are, and in most cases do them better.

That's why I'm saying that Moss should push to move on for his own sake, because if a guy needed a change of scenery it's him. He was brought in because he was considered elusive, he was doing things in training camp that no-one had seen before> but it hasn't translated onto the field. He's not even considered for kickoff return duty. For all his suppposed speed there seems to be very few plays designed to capitalize on it (end around perhaps, screen plays). It's a weird situation.

I love Bradshaw but we don't know how durable his zippy little frame is yet. He could be one decent hit away from the IR list himself. I'd sleep better knowing we have 4 known quantities on the roster rather than 3 and one PS questionmark.

Our depth at RB is one of our best assets and I'd hate to see that get eroded away to hold onto a back-up special-teamer WR who could just as easily sit on the PS as an RB.

I get the feeling that Bradshaw is the type of back that fits the Tiki mold. He looks very durable and has tremendous power for a small guy.

Money, I read that Droughans was due a roster bonus of $250k on March 1st, so they expected him to be cut before then. But he hasn't. Ware was supposed to be a bargaining chip in the D'aneglo Hall trade, but the Giants wouldn't bite, so they must high on him or at least thing they can do a Grant from last year and get a mid range draft pick. Unless Droughans is so vital on special teams, I can't think of why they are keeping him right now.

I get the feeling that Bradshaw is the type of back that fits the Tiki mold. He looks very durable and has tremendous power for a small guy.

He doesn't look anything close to Tiki's solid frame IMHO. I haven't seen him naked yet though. How do their weight & height match up?

He was inactive vs. the Bills

Thanks sorry I forgot that. Anyway whatever game it was he ran backwards away from contact thats the point. It was in the Philly game then. Sorry for confusing my late season road games of when our 2006 2nd rounder ran backwards like a man afraid of taking a hit

Thanks sorry I forgot that. Anyway whatever game it was he ra backwards away from contact thats the point.

He doesn't know when to fall either. Against the Lions he had a nice catch on third down over the middle but kept on juking into no mans land than fumbled it in their territory.

One thing I give Plax credit for is going down right when he gets the ball over the middle. Keeps himself safe and keeps the ball too.

Ward has gotten hurt every year he has played, luck or not some players are just prone to injury. As for Ware, if he is so highly thought of I have to assume it would be a Ryan Grant situation where some team will either be willing to trade a late pick for him, wait for the Giants to release him or sign him to their active roster off of our practice squad. Hopefully he can stay on the PS, but my guess is if he were a mentioned player in dealings with ATlanta there must be some sort of league wide buzz about him.

Ward has gotten hurt every year he has played, luck or not some players are just prone to injury. As for Ware, if he is so highly thought of I have to assume it would be a Ryan Grant situation where some team will either be willing to trade a late pick for him, wait for the Giants to release him or sign him to their active roster off of our practice squad. Hopefully he can stay on the PS, but my guess is if he were a mentioned player in dealings with ATlanta there must be some sort of league wide buzz about him.

If it's not Ware, it could be someone else. RBs grow on trees, especially for the Giants recently.

I read that Coughlin likes Droughns and his influence in the lockeroom. My guess is they also like having one guy who takes that goal line offense beating like he does. At any rate, I think with what transpired last year with our running backs they will take 4. I agree that Hixon will be a hard cut as would obviously Tyree. There really is no basis for keeping Moss other than his draft status. Guy is fast as all hell, but seems to run incorrect routes and tends to shy away from contact.