SportsWrath

Mario Manningham perhaps?

boohyah

No not really, Manningham is better suited on the outside...didn't you read Jerry

Reese's interview in some of the newspaper links guys have posted on here?

Yeah, I know now that they are grooming Manningham, but I just thought Smith was that man.

Yeah, I know now that they are grooming Manningham, but I just thought Smith was that man.

I think you guys are getting a little too caught up in conjecture from the press. The only thing that Manningham, Smith, Moss, etc. are being "groomed" for is maximizing their skills/contributions. There's way too many variables to have an expectation for how things will shake out long-term...

In that sense, Smith is a more logical replacement for Toomer, who generally was the slot reciever whenever we went to 3-WR sets last year.

This is why I feel Smith was being groomed to fill Toomers shoes. I thought Toomer lined up in the slot many times, and besides that, he has a lot of characteristics of Amani. Smith just seems the logical and already experienced choice. But I agree that we are just trying to strengthen our WR corps, thats really what it comes down to.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's just the first day but it's nice to see that he looked impressive :clap:

MARIO LOOKS SUPER AT GIANTS MINICAMP

MANNINGHAM COULD BE STEAL OF DRAFT

By TOM CANAVAN, AP

Mario Manningham fell to the Giants in the third round in part because he failed two drug tests while at Michigan.

May 9, 2008 --

Mario Manningham has given people a lot to talk about with all his off the field problems.

On the field with the Giants for the first time today, the troubled third-round draft pick from Michigan showed flashes of why he might have been one of the biggest steals in the NFL Draft.

Manningham caught a short pass in the morning workout, deked a defender, spun past another and jogged down the field with a flair that raised eyebrows at the Giants' minicamp for rookie and free agents.

the rest

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05092008/sport...camp_110162.htm