SportsWrath

Mets vs. Braves Gameday Thread.

RandolphScott

Well that last regular season ticket I picked up might end up being the last game at Shea, unless there is something that will wake up the bats on this team.

Maybe Hojo needs go back to first and get kieth out of the booth and into the batting cage

xxi, you are so right. I am paying too much attention to this shit. Why I am I so into watching a bad team play? At least I went to the game against the Nationals the other night and had the pleasure of watching Johan pitch. Then I went the next night and watched Heilman and Sosa stink up the joint. It's unfortunate I spent my hard-earned money to watch this overpaid, underachieving, waste of a team.

So tired of it.

Maybe I'll pay attention again when Alou comes back. If he can't help this team turn it around, we are in real trouble. Bring up the kids... FMart, Jonathan Niese (who is absolutely DOMINATING AA), and Mike Carp. Carp should be promoted to AAA right now. He is absolutely tearing up AA pitching. The starting 1B in AAA, Abreu, realistically isn't going to be the answer for the Mets in 2009, so why not promote Carp now and see how he performs at the next level? We have other guys at 1B in AA who have performed well also and we can give them a chance to start there.

Yes I'm already looking forward to next year. (When Delgado and presumably Pedro is off the team). That is going to be a lot of pocket change opening up.