SportsWrath

This is really bad to post....but funny too

BleedinBlue

I actually feel guilty for posting this, but I had fun reading it so what the hey. I feel like I'm eaves dropping on someone's private phonecall or something....but blogs are public property I suppose so I shouldn't feel bad.

Anyway...I stumbled across a thread in a different blog while looking up info on a science article. The blog had several forums and I saw one that said, "Pats Fans Here For The Game", so I thought I'd just check it out and see what was said during the game. It became funny and interesting enough to me that I decided to copy/paste each comment on WORD and then share it here.

Anyway...here it is:

PATS TAKE THE FIELD!

-----------

Go get 'em boys!

-----------

Here we go! GO PATS!

-----------

OH NO, who's injured?

-----------

I know it's cliche to bitch about refs but god drat have they been terrible the first half

-------------

think the o-line will show up after halftime? brady is getting murdered back there

-------------

Artemis Entreri posted:

I know it's cliche to bitch about refs but god drat have they been terrible the first half

You guys got one penalty, the Giants got three I believe.

-------------

Regardless other than those two it's been a decent game except the line can't protect Brady for shit

-------------

The only big call I saw missed so far was the facemask on Ellis Hobbs by Toomer. Beyond that it has been pretty good. Then again, we only see so much on TV, and Ellis made up for that missed call with some amazing hits and the INT afterwards.

-------------

I'm not going anywhere near the game thread, but I think this is an amazing defensive game so far, with both teams clearly saying "we fucking want this."

-------------

Hopefully the O-line can stop some of this pressure, or hopefully they tire out before we do, because Brady is not moving in the pocket as well as he usually does.

--------------

The only time Brady is getting any good time is in the shotgun with 5 wide it seems. Definitely need to address the protection issues.

--------------

Much thanks to the defense for showing up when the offense is sucking ass.

---------------

Ellis Hobbs has had a great game so far. Meriweather needs to not get knocked on his ass when blitzing. Same for Seau

---------------

I don't mean penalties but the Toomer push off facemask catch was insane for the refs to miss that and the play where Pierre Woods recovered the ball and the Giants guy fell on him should of been down by contact not "Give the Giants the ball back"

---------------

Regardless other than those two it's been a decent game except the line can't protect Brady for shit.

Woods never had possession of that ball.

--------------

The Toomer play would often be called OPI, but if that's the only play the refs miss in a game, that's pretty much as good as you can expect.

-------------

Dear guy in my avatar and associates: please stop letting them sack tom brady, thanks

-------------

Dear Brandon Meriweather, Jacobs outweighs you by 65 pounds. I'm sure that in the locker room they're telling you that it isn't an excuse. Get it done!

---------------

OK, I'm worried.

---------------

We'll be OK we'll be OK we'll be OK

---------------

Think of it like this, you are only back 3 points when your team's been kinda playing pretty poorly for most of the game.

------------

This is just going to piss off the Pats and make them finally bring their A game. I hope.

------------

I honestly feel sick to my stomach right now I'm so nervous

-------------

COME ON BRADY!!

-------------

We can't lose this. We can't. My stomach is one tight knot. I feel like I'm going to cry or puke or both

-------------

Looks like we're finally playing football! I wish we had started this in like the 2nd fucking quarter, though.

-------------

God, being up by only 4 if we get the TD....PLEASE GOD DON'T LET THAT KILL US

-------------

Lets go, rally here, DEFENSE MAGIC TIME!

--------------

LETS GO!

---------------

Breathe, friends. Try to breathe. We're so close. Oh god I can't breathe.

----------------

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE

---------------

FORTH DOWN STOP THEM

----------------

Hold me please hold me

---------------

Oh G-d, please....I'm going to fall over dead from this game

------------------

That's it. It's over. I can't believe it ended like this. I can't fucking believe it. The entire season is worthless. 18-0 is worthless

-----------------

DON'T SAY THAT YET

---------------

Oh my G-d.... WHY!?

------------------

O-Line was shit the entire game, cost them the superbowl

-------------

I'm on the verge of tears here. God, I'm going to throw up

------------

Yeah, where the hell was Brady's protection?

------------

And that last play sums up the entire fucking game.

---------------

DAMNIT ASSANTE IF YOU MADE THAT INT DAMNIT BELLICHK FOR NOT GOING FOR THE FG

-----------

I can't believe it.

-------------

Im going to go jump off a bridge

-------------

How did this happen? How did it come to this?

-------------

If it weren't for that fucking goddamn fourth down go for it.

--------------

I want to kill myself. The entire season down the drain. We're going to hear about this bullshit for the rest of our fucking lives.

--------------

What's really incredible about this, is not the fact that the Patriots lost, but rather that Tom Coughlin won a Super Bowl with a team quarterbacked by Eli Manning. Something isn't right with the world really, world gone mad.

--------------

Perfect season for not only Pats but for Brady and moss. All gone. $800 on two tickets for the AFC game to see history. Heh

-------------

Insane. Can't really blame the Patriots though, the Giants d-line was simply beyond godlike this game. I was fairly neutral throughout the game, leaning towards the Pats. Can't deny the Giants a well deserved win though, they did a great job.

------------

I want to kill myself right now

------------

CHOKE!!

------------

"defense wins championships"

-------------

Assante Smauel's interception. Or HOW THE fuck did eli escape that sack? How? That would have been it

-------------

Someone needs to murder every single remaining member of the '72 Dolphins. It won't make me feel better, but it'll fucking help.

-------------

How the hell am I going to sleep tonight? I have to go to work tomorrow. How the fuck am I going to go to work tomorrow?

-------------

Oh God damnit. HOW DID HE CATCH THAT BALL? He barely had his hands on it! Manning was SACKED! AGGGHHH

-------------

Unfuckingbelievable. How do they not make a play on that last drive to stop them?

--------------

drat, that shit sucked. Oh, man. fuck Belichick for not taking that 49-yard field goal.

-------------

I just switched to Adult Swim. I can't watch any of the post-game bullshit. This feels awful.

--------------

Well that's it. I WILL NEVER hear the end of this. EVER

-------------

honestly i am going to sound like a crying fan, and maybe i am, but the fucking refs blew a ton of calls this game

-------------

Was it me or did the giants o-line get away with holding on a few key plays?

-------------

Seriously, I don't care and don't even want to go down that road.

-------------

Don't wine guys, I thought the game was called perfectly. They should have kicked that fucking field goal. They should have grabbed eli. It's on them. This hurts. Alot. But it's not the refs fault.

-------------

I love Belichick walking off the field even though the Ref told him the game wasn't over.

-------------

Can you blame him?

-------------

Drive killing offsides penalties called against the wrong team doesn't make the game perfectly reffed. The patriots hosed up and lost and the Giants won but not without a bit of help

-------------

That fumble was complete bullshit, but considering that Brady and Maroney had no time to get anything going before being smoked by the entire Giants D-Line I'd say the Pats hosed themselves.

-------------

Perfectly reffed? That may be overstated but no worse than your average game, I don't think. Calm down. I still want to shoot myself, though.

--------------

You're right, but save for maybe the blown fumble call (we would have had the ball on the Giants 30 as opposed to our own), they really didn't have all that much effect.

--------------

Our offensive line lost this game. And that blown offsides call did kill what was shaping up to be a nice drive. But still, the Giants deserved to win, the Patriots didn't. Did they name Eli MVP?

-----------

I don't blame the refs for anything. But not going for that field goal. It murdered us

-----------

So... is anyone else kind of relieved it's finally over?

------------

i can't fucking believe that happened

-----------

potee posted:

You're right, but save for maybe the blown fumble call (we would have had the ball on the Giants 30 as opposed to our own), they really didn't have all that much effect

I couldn't believe the Pats didn't challenge that. That looked like it was the Pats' ball.

-----------

The better team won, plain and simple. Also, stop running the run and shoot when it isn't working.

------------

maybe if you could've taped the giants practice you guys could of won oh well

------------

Man that was so witty and funny. Fuck you

------------

I blame the guy who was holding off on buying any Pats stuff until the 19-0 hats were available.

-------------

they had so many chances to stop them on that last drive. The ball that bounced off Samuel's hands, two guys having Eli in their grasp followed by the ball Rodney almost knocked away, ... it's endless. However they should have figured out the pass protection some time before the 10 minute mark of the fourth quarter.

------------

So sad

------------

I thought McDaniel didn't call a very good game, the adjustments to what the Giants were doing came, but they came very late. This was only his 2nd season as OC wasn't it? He may have been in over his head a little there and kinda got carried away, I had a feeling like the Pats O at the end of the 1st half looked back at the half and realized that they had been led away from what they actually wanted to do and the first half just went by all too quickly.

The Giants D was pumped and has good players and is well coached but that's no reason to look like the offense of a non-playoff team against them. I thought they should have switched to quick, timing-based passes which they relied on a lot in that final TD drive much earlier, run more plays from the I or other power formations instead of the shotgun, they should have also realized that Brady has no time to throw those deep routes to Moss, even the balls he got off he got off poorly because the pass rush interrupted his timing. There were 2 or 3 very good opportunities for points where the Pats left empty-handed instead.

The Pats D played a good game, but ultimately didn't come up with the big plays when it mattered. Samuel not making that pick is not the big deal because well "that's why he's playing defense" as John Madden would say, letting Eli evade that sack simply because he wanted it more is unforgivable however, letting him complete a pass that's seemingly in air forever then is also a big mistake that can't happen in that situation. The Pats are likely world champs if not for that play.

Overall, the Giants did what they had to do just like in Week 17 but the honest truth is that even though the Pats' D stood much taller in this game than in that one, the offense was just quite horrific and some of that blame goes to Brady who didn't look as settled and certainly didn't have his usual accuracy today. Of course the very strong pass rush played a role in that but you know he would have needed to make more plays under duress. It was clear the Giants would blitz, blitz, blitz, they had 2 weeks to prepare for that.

------------

I'd like to point out that Bellichick broke from his usual grey sweatshirt and wore the red sweatshirt tonight. He also wore the red sweatshirt last year when they lost the AFC championship game.

Coincidence? You decide.

------------

am i in the right thread i was looking for the thread where the patriots went 19-0

------------

It's a sub-thread inside the "Ron Paul wins the Presidency and graduates from Economics 101" thread.

-----------

Here we fuckin go. We’ll never live that down

-----------

Well, I guess our new topic of discussion is "Which Offensive Lineman is worthy of the #7 pick in April"

------------

Fail so badly? They lost by 3 points to a pretty good team. I took the loss last year to the Colts much harder than this one. It felt like the Pats gave away the Colts game but the Giants came in with guns blazing and took the superbowl. The thing that bothers me the most is Mercury Morris still thinks he's hot shit and we'll always hear the tale of the 16-0 that got beat by a wildcard team in the superbowl (unless they go 19-0 next year).

------------

One scenario in which we'll never hear from Morris again - aside from his death - is if two teams enter a Super Bowl at 18-0. The ultimate and impossible dream.

-------------

I didn't sleep for two days after the Super Bowl. I had to personally destroy the Super Bowl champ pennants and car magnets at work, and pack up all the shirts and hats to send to Venezuela for 3rd world people to wear. I go to bed every night trying to think up how to invent a time machine to go back in time and give Belichick a tape of the Super Bowl so he could gameplan for the Giants pass rush because hey, he's used to using illegally begotten tape right?

-----------

God I'm still so fucking depressed...

-----------

Hearing people say "well there's always next year" or "maybe they'll go 16-0 again!" to try and cheer me up makes me want to shoot myself in the face. That's what makes this harder than last year against Indy for me, is that they'll most likely never have another shot at 19-0 again.

--------

I don't know why you people are so upset, the Pats won the Super Bowl, and no amount of websites or media presentations will ever convince me otherwise. Ever.

----------

Exactly! Why else would the Giants have the 31st pick? They lost.

----------

Well, the media has billed the AFC title game as the Superbowl for the past few years, so cheer up Pats fans!

-----------

I've taken this loss pretty bad myself (considering I got into football this year more than ever before). Took me at least three days before I could read the Globe online again, a week before I could go back to ESPN.com (aside from Simmons articles), and this morning was the first time I've listened to Mike & Mike while getting ready for work. Anytime I see commercials that reference the SB I get sick to my stomach, and even though I grew up a Giants fan, I will now hate them for the rest of my life.

These are the funniest posts I picked:

Someone needs to murder every single remaining member of the '72 Dolphins. It won't make me feel better, but it'll fucking help.

Perfectly reffed? That may be overstated but no worse than your average game, I don't think. Calm down. I still want to shoot myself, though.

maybe if you could've taped the giants practice you guys could of won oh well

I don't know why you people are so upset, the Pats won the Super Bowl, and no amount of websites or media presentations will ever convince me otherwise. Ever.

Mines this one:

What's really incredible about this, is not the fact that the Patriots lost, but rather that Tom Coughlin won a Super Bowl with a team quarterbacked by Eli Manning. Something isn't right with the world really, world gone mad.

:P:LMAO:

Dear guy in my avatar and associates: please stop letting them sack tom brady, thanks

that was my favorite, lol

I didn't sleep for two days after the Super Bowl. I had to personally destroy the Super Bowl champ pennants and car magnets at work, and pack up all the shirts and hats to send to Venezuela for 3rd world people to wear. I go to bed every night trying to think up how to invent a time machine to go back in time and give Belichick a tape of the Super Bowl so he could gameplan for the Giants pass rush because hey, he's used to using illegally begotten tape right?

I feel for some of the Pats fans who weren't arrogant pricks, I know a guy who's been one for nearly 40 years and he's one of the most humble nicest dudes you'll ever meet. I watched football with him every Sunday and he was the only one besides myself who would root along for the Giants to win their games. I didn't watch the bowl with him but talked to him at halftime, the first thing he said was "man your d-line is dominating us". Felt a little bad for him because he's a buddy of mine.

Insane. Can't really blame the Patriots though, the Giants d-line was simply beyond godlike this game. I was fairly neutral throughout the game, leaning towards the Pats. Can't deny the Giants a well deserved win though, they did a great job.

Damn straight son!

Like Taylorized56, I too can actually feel the pain of some Pat fans - the decent guys - who aren't complete assholes, but simply die-hard football fans who have followed the team for many years, through the years of hard times when there were no superbowls to brag about. But on the other hand, Boston still has the Sox and the Celtics to cheer them up and they've had their moment of fame with the Pats so I can still revel in our glory while snickering at their misfortune.....so anyway

My favorite lines:

"Hearing people say "well there's always next year" or "maybe they'll go 16-0 again!" to try and cheer me up makes me want to shoot myself in the face".

That and the poster who jumped in to razz Pat fans while they're dealing with the loss:

"am i in the right thread i was looking for the thread where the patriots went 19-0"

that was my favorite, lol

I feel for some of the Pats fans who weren't arrogant pricks, I know a guy who's been one for nearly 40 years and he's one of the most humble nicest dudes you'll ever meet. I watched football with him every Sunday and he was the only one besides myself who would root along for the Giants to win their games. I didn't watch the bowl with him but talked to him at halftime, the first thing he said was "man your d-line is dominating us". Felt a little bad for him because he's a buddy of mine.

Damn straight son!

Off topic......

Hey Taylorized, I know people have mentioned this before, but I just LOVE that part of your sig where LT is sacking Theismann and Jaworski. But the Jaworski one is HILARIOUS! If you watch it closely, Jaworski is is looking LT's way IMMEDIATLEY after the snap. He's scared shitless! LMAO!

I've taken this loss pretty bad myself (considering I got into football this year more than ever before). Took me at least three days before I could read the Globe online again, a week before I could go back to ESPN.com (aside from Simmons articles), and this morning was the first time I've listened to Mike & Mike while getting ready for work. Anytime I see commercials that reference the SB I get sick to my stomach, and even though I grew up a Giants fan, I will now hate them for the rest of my life.

This guy takes the cake and he'll be a Giants fan soon enough. A bandwagon fan if I've ever seen one. So when the Pats go 16-0 you start watching football? What a dush.

This guy takes the cake and he'll be a Giants fan soon enough. A bandwagon fan if I've ever seen one. So when the Pats go 16-0 you start watching football? What a dush.

No thanks. Stay away. He grew up a Giants fan..............GIMME A FUCKIN BREAK! Yeah, he's a DOUCHE allright.

No thanks. Stay away. He grew up a Giants fan..............GIMME A FUCKIN BREAK! Yeah, he's a DOUCHE allright.

Should just stop watching football altogether. No team needs this kind of fan. Also how do you get so upset when you only started paying attention this year? Guy probably cries over spilled milk.

Should just stop watching football altogether. No team needs this kind of fan. Also how do you get so upset when you only started paying attention this year? Guy probably cries over spilled milk.

I say this alot. Esp when confronting Dallas fans here in AZ.

Off topic......

Hey Taylorized, I know people have mentioned this before, but I just LOVE that part of your sig where LT is sacking Theismann and Jaworski. But the Jaworski one is HILARIOUS! If you watch it closely, Jaworski is is looking LT's way IMMEDIATLEY after the snap. He's scared shitless! LMAO!

That's actually the Jets instead of the iggles and Jaws in my gif. Anyways, yeah I can just imagine what he was thinking to himself, "Awwww shit here he comes again" :LMAO:

That's actually the Jets instead of the iggles and Jaws in my gif. Anyways, yeah I can just imagine what he was thinking to himself, "Awwww shit here he comes again" :LMAO:

:o

LOL, Im infamous for fuckin up shit like that. :rolleyes:

Off topic......

not to knit pick, but he dog is quite certain that richard todd is clearly looking to his right after the snap...he looks back to Taylor's side for his check down receiver (the back that chipped on Taylor initially and who was sliding out)...that is when he saw Taylor coming free...

not to knit pick, but he dog is quite certain that richard todd is clearly looking to his right after the snap...he looks back to Taylor's side for his check down receiver (the back that chipped on Taylor initially and who was sliding out)...that is when he saw Taylor coming free...

Party pooper. <_<

I watched it again a little more closely. He does initially look to his right, but then immediatley looks to his left and stays that way until sacked. Im sure he was going look for his check down rec. but I wouldnt doubt if the first thing on his mind was "Oh fuck Taylor again." And the minute he looked left he forgot about his rec alltogether im quite certain.