SportsWrath

Osi to holdout ?

UK-Giantsfan

For Christ's sake .......Osi is just 2 years into a 6 year $41 million deal. That's an ave. of 6.83 fucking M per year. Greed could kill this team !

this from Ralph Vac.

I don’t know if Osi Umenyiora will be attending the offseason program, but I do know this: A lot of people who know him are absolutely convinced he’s going to holdout from training camp this summer if he doesn’t get a new contract. In fact, someone who talked to him recently told me “I guarantee you he’s not coming to camp.”

This is all a lot of speculation, and camp is still four months away, but this is all important because Umenyiora has been asked about a potential holdout several times in the last few months and has yet to deny the possibility. In fact, on several occassions he’s appeared to hint that it might happen.

This will be very interesting to watch over the next few months because Umenyiora is just two years and three months removed from signing a six-year, $41 million contract extension that included $15 million in guarantees and extended his deal through 2012. That contract called for him to make $21 million in the first three years of the extension. That’s a healthy average of $7 million per year.

Do not look at the overall amount of the deal, look at the guaranteed money. That is the only thing that is "real" in terms of the deal. Osi was guaranteed 16 mil(a lot back in late 05 when he signed). Now he sees a backup on his team(Tuck)making more guaranteed that he does(18 mil, genius move btw getting Tuck locked up before his UFA in 09). I say fuck him, sit out. Seems like a good move to me, let the team fine you up the ass, stay out of playing shape and lose the best years of your life. Shit he can do this for 5 years and become an UFA again when he is 32.

Stupid move, but I can see his point. With absolute garbage like Damien Woody getting 12 mil guaranteed and a one year wonder like Calvin Pace getting 20 million guaranteed why should OSI settle for his 16 mil?

BTW, Reese is a friggin genius getting Tuck locked up at 18 mil guaranteed when you see what some of that trash got.

If you didn't want the money back then, you shouldn't have SIGNED THE CONTRACT.

When I buy a new iPod for 300 bucks, I don't get a new one for free in a year when the price drops 100 bucks and they double the memory.

Tough shit for Osi... only gonna make 6+ mil this year. Boo-fucking-hoo.

If you didn't want the money back then, you shouldn't have SIGNED THE CONTRACT.

When I buy a new iPod for 300 bucks, I don't get a new one for free in a year when the price drops 100 bucks and they double the memory.

Tough shit for Osi... only gonna make 6+ mil this year. Boo-fucking-hoo.

Agreed, with an empahsis on the greed!

This guy needs to bury his individual ego or he could get traded on draft day!

Trade him and our first to move up and get Rivers and someone's second round pick, then Kiwi and Tuck can play DE.

Osi is not in a position of any power right now and he may try to wait til after the draft to pull this shit.

If he does, he can go F*&K himself!

Osi, my favorite fuckin player has to pull this shit. :brooding:

He definatly is not taking into consideration how many DE's we got and what Spags can do with them. If we were depleted in that aspect, OK, MAYBE. But this guys gonna cut his own throat. :rolleyes:

For Christ's sake .......Osi is just 2 years into a 6 year $41 million deal. That's an ave. of 6.83 fucking M per year. Greed could kill this team !

this from Ralph Vac.

I don’t know if Osi Umenyiora will be attending the offseason program, but I do know this: A lot of people who know him are absolutely convinced he’s going to holdout from training camp this summer if he doesn’t get a new contract. In fact, someone who talked to him recently told me “I guarantee you he’s not coming to camp.”

This is all a lot of speculation, and camp is still four months away, but this is all important because Umenyiora has been asked about a potential holdout several times in the last few months and has yet to deny the possibility. In fact, on several occassions he’s appeared to hint that it might happen.

This will be very interesting to watch over the next few months because Umenyiora is just two years and three months removed from signing a six-year, $41 million contract extension that included $15 million in guarantees and extended his deal through 2012. That contract called for him to make $21 million in the first three years of the extension. That’s a healthy average of $7 million per year.

Two things:

1. I don't want to jump to conclusions based on speculations. I'd like to wait and see if he actually does hold out. If he does, it says a lot about his character.

2. In the contract, the organization (any organization) should have a "hold-out clause" that reads like this: "In the event of a hold out and a players' inability to honor this contract, the player is liable for $250,000 per day.

Since the player is happy as dog shit when he or (she :unsure: ) sign that contract, they will have no problem signing that dotted line. Let's see how many players hold out with that clause. I really think the owners/GMs should get their act together because allowing players to behave like this is unacceptable.

Do not look at the overall amount of the deal, look at the guaranteed money. That is the only thing that is "real" in terms of the deal. Osi was guaranteed 16 mil(a lot back in late 05 when he signed). Now he sees a backup on his team(Tuck)making more guaranteed that he does(18 mil, genius move btw getting Tuck locked up before his UFA in 09). I say fuck him, sit out. Seems like a good move to me, let the team fine you up the ass, stay out of playing shape and lose the best years of your life. Shit he can do this for 5 years and become an UFA again when he is 32.

Stupid move, but I can see his point. With absolute garbage like Damien Woody getting 12 mil guaranteed and a one year wonder like Calvin Pace getting 20 million guaranteed why should OSI settle for his 16 mil?

BTW, Reese is a friggin genius getting Tuck locked up at 18 mil guaranteed when you see what some of that trash got.

Because he signed that dotted line.

Its funny, I bet you can go look at this entire off season and find some "article" about how some players wants more money from the Giants.

Anyone remember that article about Tuck being so pissed off because his contract should of been redone after the superbowl? Heck I remember reading one about how Feagles was going to blast us for more money.

It's typical off season "news"