SportsWrath

Why am I no longer into baseball?

xxi-xxv

Is it that I loathe the fact that some teams just buy what they need(like our beloved Mets)?

Is it the collapse of last year that soured me?

is it Billy Wagners fault?

Is it that the Giants championship was my icing on the cake being football is my #1?

Please Met fans help me find my way. Once upon a time I never missed a game. I can tell you where I was, what the date was and what grade I was in when Tim Teufel hit a game winning extra inning grand slam off the Phils in June of 86, why do I now feel this way about this team and sport? I spent many weekends with my DAD at shea back in the 80's, now I could care if I ever walk in the place, and this is its last year.

Please help.

could it be season didn't start yet?

Ever the master of the obvious, but this time I have to disagree blu, its light out and its 7 pm reminds of spring, the cold winter has been sucking the life out of Nyers everywhere. Usually in years past I would be quite excited for the eventual baseball season, even in seasons where I knew the Mets would be ... well lets say like how the Giants will be :P , not this year though, please help me.

i am looking forward to us being bad this year. getting to watch the pitching grow up, see if dudes like eugenio (pronounced hey you enio) velez could crack the lineup, no ESPN cameras up barry's big ass- just kids playing baseball.

i am looking forward to us being bad this year. getting to watch the pitching grow up, see if dudes like eugenio (pronounced hey you enio) velez could crack the lineup, no ESPN cameras up barry's big ass- just kids playing baseball.

Chris Russo(you know WFAN guy) and huge Giant fan like yourself says the same thing. I for one like what I have seen fro Cain and Lincecum. Only thing that scares me is Licecums delivery, potential arm troubles IMO.

Wow maybe I am more excited for the Giants .... hmm maybe I am onto something. My Dad was a Giant fan until they moved and he defaulted to the Mets.

I'm still just as excited for baseball season as ever. Baseball (although I'm here to post mostly about the Giants) remains #1 for me even with the Giants (an infintely close second) winning the Superbowl. Going out and "buying" what you need often doesn't work. Although the Red Sox proved that wrong last year. Just look at the difference between their payrolls in 2006 and 2007.

Is it that I loathe the fact that some teams just buy what they need(like our beloved Mets)?

Is it the collapse of last year that soured me?

is it Billy Wagners fault?

Is it that the Giants championship was my icing on the cake being football is my #1?

Please Met fans help me find my way. Once upon a time I never missed a game. I can tell you where I was, what the date was and what grade I was in when Tim Teufel hit a game winning extra inning grand slam off the Phils in June of 86, why do I now feel this way about this team and sport? I spent many weekends with my DAD at shea back in the 80's, now I could care if I ever walk in the place, and this is its last year.

Please help.

I am in the same rut this year. For me it is a superbowl hang over. Sports is the constant pursuit of the ultimate trophy. When that happens (not very often) I tend to be satisfied with all my teams for a while. I'm sure that all of that will change once the season starts.

My second reason is that I am just not excited with the team we have going in. I love certain parts of the team, but with all the injury reports and the back end of the rotation, I'm just not that excited. Again that will probably change on Friday.

I feel the same way. I really think the Mets are going to be good but there is something there which makes me not as excited as past years, even when I knew they weren't going to be as good. It really comes down too the Super Bowl. I think some of us still have that hangover and are still reliving every second of that fourth quarter. You know I am. I watch the TD pass at least once a day. I still have that grin as it just happened last night. I am sure when baseball season actually starts, we will be excited once again.

I think it's the Giants more than the Mets. I'm feeling the same way and every time I watch the Giants DVD I think more about our Thursday Night Giants opener than March 31st.

I'm just dreading when I'm with my friends and a text message comes in saying that the Phillies are up 8-3 in the top of the 6th when Johan was pitching.

I was looking through the Phillies roster, and they are either close (like SS) or have us beat easily at every position except 3b and CF where we clearly win. And their guys look a lot more durable.

The only thing that's getting me excited about baseball is John Maine...

Eh, I'm pumped. I can't wait to watch Johan, and Maine has been lights out in ST. I was allready on cloud nine after the Giants beat GB, then a week later we got Johan, arguably the best pitcher in the Majors, then we won the SuperBowl. I admit though I still have to watch highlights nearly every week of the SB.

I'm still looking foward to proving some of the doubters wrong after the collapse. Pedro looked pretty good when he came back last season so I'm excited about him as well.

It'll be hard to top what the Giants did, but I try to separate the two sports. Hell, I was getting excited just watching the Mets highlight shows they are replaying on SNY. Once the season starts and we get to see Johan and company pitching in games that matter, everyone will be into it.

Gotta be the hang over from the Giants. I'm kinda like Blu though, I know we'll suck, but I can't wait to watch Mendoza, Hamilton, Murphy, Salty etc. Not to mention see if Kinsler can be the next 30-30 guy and see if Hank can come back. I watched the ox game in Japan yesterday morning and it really got me ready for baseball.

I'm still just as excited for baseball season as ever. Baseball (although I'm here to post mostly about the Giants) remains #1 for me even with the Giants (an infintely close second) winning the Superbowl. Going out and "buying" what you need often doesn't work. Although the Red Sox proved that wrong last year. Just look at the difference between their payrolls in 2006 and 2007.

Now I am no one to talk being the fan of a team with a 140 million dollar payroll, but until someone is higher than your team you have NOTHING to say.

See this is what bothers me, the big market fans thinking that this is ok.

I'm excited, but not as excited as I was the previous two seasons. The thing that's messing up my excitement for baseball season is the fact that the success of ALL my other teams has kinda got me sidetracked. The Giants won the Super Bowl (I don't think I'm gonna get used to saying that), The Bulls suck but it's the Eastern Conference and so we could still stumble into the playoffs and the Lakers are in 1st in the West, and even though the Devils are acting like winning doesn't matter We're still a force in the East. All of that is kinda keeping my excitement at bay. In 2000-2001 EVERY SINGLE ONE of my teams went to their respective Championship Game/Series and all but 1 lost (Ravens over Giants, Yankees over Mets, Avalanche over Devils, Oklahoma over Florida State... Only win Lakers over 76ers). I'm ready for another run, but this time I want better fortunes.

I'm excited, but not as excited as I was the previous two seasons. The thing that's messing up my excitement for baseball season is the fact that the success of ALL my other teams has kinda got me sidetracked. The Giants won the Super Bowl (I don't think I'm gonna get used to saying that), The Bulls suck but it's the Eastern Conference and so we could still stumble into the playoffs and the Lakers are in 1st in the West, and even though the Devils are acting like winning doesn't matter We're still a force in the East. All of that is kinda keeping my excitement at bay. In 2000-2001 EVERY SINGLE ONE of my teams went to their respective Championship Game/Series and all but 1 lost (Ravens over Giants, Yankees over Mets, Avalanche over Devils, Oklahoma over Florida State... Only win Lakers over 76ers). I'm ready for another run, but this time I want better fortunes.

f the lakers