SportsWrath

Johan's start last night

Allstarjim

This guy is going to win 20 games. He scattered some hits, worked out of troiuble once or twice, but overall, he was brilliant, and showed everyone that he still brings the nasty. That changeup is going to strikeout just Ryan Howard at least 25 times this year. LOL. He was everything he was advertised to be last night. What's great is that the Mets went with pretty much what will be their opening day lineup last night and it seems that guys are coming around with the bat as well. Particularly Jose Reyes and Carlos Beltran. Still can't wait for Opening Day. Johan is going to dazzle. 10 more days.

The last Met to win 20 games was a lefty, acquired in a trade with the Twins, the immortal Sweet music Frank Viola. I cannot believe that this pitching rich franchise, from Seaver, to Koosman, to Ryan, to Gooden, to Cone, to Fernandez, to Darling, to Hampton has never had a no no. Amzing. I cannot also believe that we have not had a 20 game winner since 1990(Viola).

The last Met to win 20 games was a lefty, acquired in a trade with the Twins, the immortal Sweet music Frank Viola. I cannot believe that this pitching rich franchise, from Seaver, to Koosman, to Ryan, to Gooden, to Cone, to Fernandez, to Darling, to Hampton has never had a no no. Amzing. I cannot also believe that we have not had a 20 game winner since 1990(Viola).

Mr. Met, I think you are right about Maine this year. If Pedro has a good, healthy year as well, then the Mets will win this division easy breezy.

As far as the lack of no-hitters... I'm going out on a limb as saying this is the year that the streak is broken. We have at least two that can go the distance and get it done, Maine and Johan. We've had a lot of almosts, it's time to break through!