SportsWrath

D'Angelo Hall Trade Talks Have Stalled

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

From Rotoworld.com:

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports trade talks between the Raiders and Falcons involving DeAngelo Hall hit a stall late Monday.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution ran a report claiming the exact opposite earlier this afternoon. Schefter says it no longer appears as though the trade will happen. If it's a cap space issue for the Raiders, they could clear some room by releasing LaMont Jordan and Stuart Schweigert.

The headache is about to be over

Link

Atlanta Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall says he will finalize a contract with Oakland by Thursday morning, allowing the trade sending him to the Raiders to be completed, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Tuesday.Hall said he is scheduled to fly to Oakland on Wednesday to meet with Raiders officials and sign the deal, according to the report.

"There is just some tweaking of the language that needs to be done, some minor details," Hall said, according to the Journal-Constitution. "No deal breakers."

The Raiders are expected to trade their second-round pick in next month's NFL draft for Hall, a two-time All-Pro.

On Monday, ESPN's Chis Mortensen reported that according to a Raiders source, the deal is expected to pay Hall just below what Asante Samuel signed with the Eagles. Samuel signed a six-year deal worth a reported $57 million, with $20 million guaranteed.

Hall, a former first-rounder taken with the eighth pick in the 2004 draft, would be paired with Nnamdi Asomugha, giving Oakland one of the top cornerback tandems in the game.

The move would also provide insurance if Asomugha were to leave as a free agent following next season. The Raiders placed the exclusive franchise tag on Asomugha, guaranteeing him at least $9.465 million in 2008. They still would like to sign him to a long-term deal.

If the deal goes through, the Raiders would have only one draft pick in the first three rounds. Oakland picks fourth in the opening round and traded its third-round pick last year to New England for a pick used to draft offensive lineman Mario Henderson.

ESPN NFL reporter Chris Mortensen and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Every article I've read on the trade says Oakland traded their 2nd and 6th round picks for Hall. Funny how some are just saying they only traded their 2nd.

I read that also, I also read that if they sign Hall to a long term deal

they won't be able to sign Asomugha.

I think Asomugha is the best cb in the NFL right now and worth more than Hall. I pray we go after him when he becomes a UFA after next season. No teams dare to pass his way.

Asomugha is the guy we really want. Look how hard it is to pronounce his name.