SportsWrath

Giants resign Derrick Ward

jranieli

Huh I like it, Ward has been good for us. The only thing is does that mean we are going to try to shop Reuben for a 5-7th round? or are we going in with a four RBs?

With Ward and Jacobs we are going to need him.

Droughns blows, he is horrible. Remember the Minnesota game? I think this might signal the end of the Droughns era. There are plenty of guys in the draft we can get as a 4th starter.

I think that's unfair to Droughans. I think he's going to stay on. He does a good job on special teams.

Droughns blows, he is horrible. Remember the Minnesota game? I think this might signal the end of the Droughns era. There are plenty of guys in the draft we can get as a 4th starter.

agreed. give a rook the roster spot. he should have done better with the Giants OL in front of him, not to mention a kickoff returner with no moves whatsoever.

FUCK YEAH!!!!!! :D

this was the one guy I really wanted back. Awesome deal methinks. Just so long as he can stay healthy. If we can keep BJ & Ward on the field, and with the emergence of Bradshaw, we easily have the best set of RBs in the league. Shit, probably in Giants history. Very happy. Luv teh Reese.

BONG TIME!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YEAH!!!!!! :D

this was the one guy I really wanted back. Awesome deal methinks. Just so long as he can stay healthy. If we can keep BJ & Ward on the field, and with the emergence of Bradshaw, we easily have the best set of RBs in the league. Shit, probably in Giants history. Very happy. Luv teh Reese.

BONG TIME!!!!!!!!!!

"WAYNES WORLD!!! PARTY TIME!!!! EXCELLENT!!!!!"

how about we now trade Ward and a draft pick for Hall .....perhaps ????

They just got Michael Turner and they still have Jerious Norwood. I don't think they'd have any interest in Ward. I'm happy to have Ward for another year, I thought he was gone for sure. Don't get me wrong I'd probably trade Ward and our 1st for Hall, I just don't see it happening.

My two cents (sense?)

Coughlin's overall goal with the team is to own the trenches - good philosopy

Spag's overall goal is to direct the defensive line and use mix-em up defensive schemes to constantly rush and confuse the opposition while the Quarterback is under huge pressure

Gilbride's overall goal is to protect Eli and give him the time he needs. But in order to have a superb passing game, it has to be done by having a superb running game forcing the defense to always have to worry about the possible run....and in the Giants case, it can come in a multitude of running styles

With a stacked field of running backs - each with a different style - it becomes a nightmare for opposing teams. You got the bruiser in Jacobs who can flatten linebackers like dominoes - a scat back in Bradshaw who can flat out outmanuever any defensive back one-on-one and has the tenacity to pick up extra yards even after getting caught - and Ward who runs well, but catches out passes almost as well as Tiki used to.

Imagine the opposing team trying to focus on what kind of run might be coming - then of course, with Plax, Toomer, Smith, Shockey, etc......it's a friggin nightmare to defend.

I have to believe the signing of Ward is for TC and Gilbride to have an extremely effective running game by having a plethora of good backs in which they can call for any type of style....and therefore, also have the benefit of a great passing game.

Pure genius! :TU:

My two cents (sense?)

Coughlin's overall goal with the team is to own the trenches - good philosopy

Spag's overall goal is to direct the defensive line and use mix-em up defensive schemes to constantly rush and confuse the opposition while the Quarterback is under huge pressure

Gilbride's overall goal is to protect Eli and give him the time he needs. But in order to have a superb passing game, it has to be done by having a superb running game forcing the defense to always have to worry about the possible run....and in the Giants case, it can come in a multitude of running styles

With a stacked field of running backs - each with a different style - it becomes a nightmare for opposing teams. You got the bruiser in Jacobs who can flatten linebackers like dominoes - a scat back in Bradshaw who can flat out outmanuever any defensive back one-on-one and has the tenacity to pick up extra yards even after getting caught - and Ward who runs well, but catches out passes almost as well as Tiki used to.

Imagine the opposing team trying to focus on what kind of run might be coming - then of course, with Plax, Toomer, Smith, Shockey, etc......it's a friggin nightmare to defend.

I have to believe the signing of Ward is for TC and Gilbride to have an extremely effective running game by having a plethora of good backs in which they can call for any type of style....and therefore, also have the benefit of a great passing game.

Pure genius! :TU:

Man I can almost swear I'm reading this and thinking.. Yeah it's all nice and rosy now but wait till the season starts :brooding: Then I remembered.. we're the world champs :P