SportsWrath

I hope the Giants/Jets do something like this

Lubeck

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/foot...s.ap/index.html

Colts to auction off RCA dome items
Fans can bid on stadium seats, turf of doomed facility
Posted: Monday March 10, 2008 1:14PM; Updated: Monday March 10, 2008 1:14PM

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Stadium seats, turf and even pieces of the soon-to-be-razed RCA Dome's roof are available to buy online by fans who want a piece of Indianapolis sports history.

A pair of stadium seats will cost $450.

The auction begins Monday afternoon and the Colts aren't saying what exactly will be available.

The RCA Dome opened in 1984 and cost $82 million to build. The new home of the Indianapolis Colts this season will be Lucas Oil Stadium being built across the street for about $700 million.

The 63,000-seat, retractable-roof stadium is scheduled to be complete by Aug. 15, about a week before the Colts are scheduled to play a preseason game there.

I would love to get a piece of Giants Stadium. If anyone knows if the Giants/Jets are doing something similar already please let us know.

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Stadium seats, turf and even pieces of the soon-to-be-razed RCA Dome's roof are available to buy online by fans who want a piece of Indianapolis sports history.

The auction begins Monday afternoon and the Colts aren't saying what exactly will be available.

The RCA Dome opened in 1984 and cost $82 million to build. The new home of the Indianapolis Colts this season will be Lucas Oil Stadium being built across the street for about $700 million.

The 63,000-seat, retractable-roof stadium is scheduled to be complete by Aug. 15, about a week before the Colts are scheduled to play a preseason game there.

I would love to get a piece of Giants Stadium. If anyone knows if the Giants/Jets are doing something similar already please let us know.

Why wait?. Why don't a bunch of us drive out there tonight. Bring your tools.

I actually already have a piece of Giants stadium sitting in my garage right now. 10 years or so ago my company replaced a bunch of the lights on the towers and relamped the rest. We sold most of the lights we had taken down but kept one. Has a FoxSports sticker on it. I'd like a seat and a piece of the field would be pretty cool too.

Most Major teams (Baseball, football, basketball, hockey) do the samething the colts are doing. The Texas Rangers did it, St Louis Cardinals, Cincinati Bengals, Boston Celtics and Bruins, Detroit Lions. All these teams, I can remember tlaking to there fans and them saying their teams were auctioning parts of their teams stadiums.

I call dibbs on Hoffa's femur.

lmao

fwiw they still periodically auction seats from the old ( pre '70s renovation ) Yankee Stadium. Buddy of mine has 4 in his basement with a bar set up . very cool