SportsWrath

Sammy Knight inked to a 3 year, 5 million contract

jranieli

Good! That's one less worry for now. And thank heavens they learned something by signing Mitchell to only one year. I bet in hindsight, they wished they had worked out a 3-yr deal with him.

Soooo, we'll be basically getting the same numbers from Knight as we were from Gibril, but at a fraction of the cost. Now let's get some rookies in their to start learning and competing to be a future safety along with Johnson.

As far as this deal goes - it's not showy, but adequately plugs a hole....I'd also rather have Knight than Eugene Wilson anyway.

Statistically he is comparable to Gibril, and if it's true about the signing 3 year at 5 mil, a good bargain too. Some may gripe about his age but look at what Madison and Strahan still can do.

Haha, what, get burned by receivers 10 years your junior...and then lose your starting job to a rookie...? Obviously I'm not talking about Strahan.

Oh boy, half our defensive backfield is the 2002 Miami Dolphins!

It's not the amount of plays he creates that worries me. It's the amount of plays he plays he gives up that's the problems.

And that's been the gripe his entire career! What is this signing!? So much for young, hungry players.

Haha, what, get burned by receivers 10 years your junior...and then lose your starting job to a rookie...? Obviously I'm not talking about Strahan.

I'm pretty sure it was Webster that lost his starting job to Ross and Webster came back after Madison got hurt at the end of the season.

yah but webster played well enough that when Madison got back late in the playoffs, Webster was still our guy. or am i wrong...?

regardless, I still say Sam Madison and Sammy Knight both suck. And we should have been letting those guys go(or not pursuing them) then let Gibril go.

yah but webster played well enough that when Madison got back late in the playoffs, Webster was still our guy. or am i wrong...?

regardless, I still say Sam Madison and Sammy Knight both suck. And we should have been letting those guys go(or not pursuing them) then let Gibril go.

Yeah, but Gibril was just asking to much money. 7 Mil a year! I don't think Sean Taylor was making that much money, and he was the best safety in th league.

You mean 03-04.

You keep referring to Sammy Knight as a Dolphin. He played there two years. If anything (other than a Giant), you should refer to him as a Saint.

If anyone is interested there is an interview with Knight on the Giants homepage.

Thanks.....I rarely visit the site anymore...maybe once every other week for a short while. But that interview with Knight is crazy good. Everyone should watch it....especially STORM! ;)

I cannot reiterate enough how bad that deal for Gibril was by the Raiders. I believe Peter King said it best when he reffrered to Gibril as a "pedestrian" safety when he was talking about all the crazy money that guys got.

Gibril was good, not great. For every play he made like the one against Fasano at the goal line in Dallas, he would take the wrong angle on a play and be right in the middle of a big passing play. Good player, not great.

Dollar for dollar this is a no brainer. Knight is a natural SS so I assume he will be the SS and either Butler, Johnson or a rookie will be the FS.

As for Madison, he will be a 3rd or possibly 4th cb in 08, so IMO thats a nice veteran to plug in at a position where normally we use a young and sometimes undrafted guy.

Is Knight as good as Wilson? No, probably not, but he sure as hell is a lot closer than what the contracts say.