SportsWrath

Question about the Ryan Grant trade

Taylorized56

I doubt it. Very weak draft class this year...but then agian, the said the same thing last year.

Yeah I agree about the draft class, but look at what we got in the 7th with Amhad last season. All our picks played a huge part in bringing another ring to big blue. Anyways do you see us taking a wr project maybe in the middle rounds? Amani has 2 good years left tops and Plax isn't getting any younger...

Yeah I agree about the draft class, but look at what we got in the 7th with Amhad last season. All our picks played a huge part in bringing another ring to big blue. Anyways do you see us taking a wr project maybe in the middle rounds? Amani has 2 good years left tops and Plax isn't getting any younger...

There are lots of wide receivers in this draft. I actually wouldn't mind spending our first pick on a wr if a couple guys are stting there. Sweed, Malcome Kelley, Jackson or especially James Hardy. Then there are several guys to be had later in the draft. This is a stacked wr draft and I'd be surprised if we didn't use at least a mid round pick on a wr.

There are lots of wide receivers in this draft. I actually wouldn't mind spending our first pick on a wr if a couple guys are stting there. Sweed, Malcome Kelley, Jackson or especially James Hardy. Then there are several guys to be had later in the draft. This is a stacked wr draft and I'd be surprised if we didn't use at least a mid round pick on a wr.

I'd love Hardy, he's drawing comparisons to Plax and nearly the same size and he had a good showing at the combine. Probably won't fall to us but one can dream. Hardy opposite Plax... *drools*

I'd love Hardy, he's drawing comparisons to Plax and nearly the same size and he had a good showing at the combine. Probably won't fall to us but one can dream. Hardy opposite Plax... *drools*

My thoughts exactly. 6'7" and about 220 with soft hands and actually ran one of the quicker times of the top wr's that ran at the combine. (4.47). The good news is there is a lot of first rouind talent. (Manningham, Jackson, Sweed, Doucet, and Kelley, and Hardy is a relative unknown and unproven commodity playing for Indiana. So the odds are decent he'll fall to us. Unfortunately I don't see us going for him though. We'll go either LB or DB in the first round and probly draft a future WR in the mid rounds. But I agree, Plax on one side Hardy on the other. :drool:

My thoughts exactly. 6'7" and about 220 with soft hands and actually ran one of the quicker times of the top wr's that ran at the combine. (4.47). The good news is there is a lot of first rouind talent. (Manningham, Jackson, Sweed, Doucet, and Kelley, and Hardy is a relative unknown and unproven commodity playing for Indiana. So the odds are decent he'll fall to us. Unfortunately I don't see us going for him though. We'll go either LB or DB in the first round and probly draft a future WR in the mid rounds. But I agree, Plax on one side Hardy on the other. :drool:

Yeah a lot of mock drafts I've seen have Dan Connor or Keith Rivers falling to us. I'd be stoked if we landed either player but I can't lie I've been really high on Hardy for a while now and wouldn't be dissapointed if we drafted him.

I believe we got in return was a 6th rounder. That worked out well for them.

That worked out well for us, too. UDFA who never played a down for us in a meaningful game, probably would have been cut, and we get a 6th for him? Better still, it was a completely manufactured extra pick for us coming from a position where we (at the time) were loaded.

It could have been worse--what if we kept him, and cut Bradshaw?

That worked out well for us, too. UDFA who never played a down for us in a meaningful game, probably would have been cut, and we get a 6th for him? Better still, it was a completely manufactured extra pick for us coming from a position where we (at the time) were loaded.

It could have been worse--what if we kept him, and cut Bradshaw?

I have to admit... I LOVE Ahmad Bradshaw. I was watching the Super Bowl the other day... aside from being the game's leading rusher, I loved how he carried Ty Warren on his back for seven yards and how he wrestled the ball away from the Pats D-lineman after the fumble.

That kid's got athleticism, vision, AND heart... he's gonna be a good one for us.

I have to admit... I LOVE Ahmad Bradshaw. I was watching the Super Bowl the other day... aside from being the game's leading rusher, I loved how he carried Ty Warren on his back for seven yards and how he wrestled the ball away from the Pats D-lineman after the fumble.

That kid's got athleticism, vision, AND heart... he's gonna be a good one for us.

Like me and Boohyah were saying after the Tampa game. That dude fights for every single inch he gets. if you put him in Brandons body, he'd be unstoppable.

let's see him do it for a whole season before we rush to judgment on who got the better of that deal--ryan grant would probably barely be ahead of ruben droughns on our depth chart

I don't think you can find any fault in the Grant trade.

Bradshaw now has a season under his belt. He has an offseason to rest and recuperate, something NFL rookies rarely have between ending their college season and preparing for the draft then rookie minicamps etc. And what I think is most important the coaching staff has the offseason to revamp their offensive gameplan to incorporate this new offensive weapon. I expect big things out of Bradshaw next season.

Grant played very well after he was inserted into the starting lineup. When it came down to deciding between him and Bradshaw though I think the difference in their running styles was a key part in letting Grant go. Grant is more of a north-south pounding runner. We already had that in Jacobs and Droughns. Bradshaw is a shiftier back which compliments the running style Jacobs brings far better than Grant would have.

The only reason we got Bradshaw in the 7th round because teams were leary of him after he had some big-time college trouble with the law and attitude. Most analysts had him going as high as 2nd rd if not for off the field problems. The Giants took a chance and it turned out to be a damned good deal. I believe his off the field problems are behind him and he is settled in as a team player keeping his life clean. We made out like a bandit on that deal.

The only reason we got Bradshaw in the 7th round because teams were leary of him after he had some big-time college trouble with the law and attitude. Most analysts had him going as high as 2nd rd if not for off the field problems. The Giants took a chance and it turned out to be a damned good deal. I believe his off the field problems are behind him and he is settled in as a team player keeping his life clean. We made out like a bandit on that deal.

It's actually amazing that he dropped so far. He was considered very good and would have been an early rounder. He only stole a PS2 and then even said that it was a mix up and was borrowing it although I don't know about the attitude problems. Giants got a fucking steal.

It's actually amazing that he dropped so far. He was considered very good and would have been an early rounder. He only stole a PS2 and then even said that it was a mix up and was borrowing it although I don't know about the attitude problems. Giants got a fucking steal.

Maybe we could frame a few early-round prospects this year too?

I read he was arrested for underage drinking and running from the cops after he was caught (how the fuck did he not out run the cops lol) and then the ps2 incindent. Still, he's no pacman jones and I'm shocked so many teams let him fall that far. Either way I'm glad he landed with the Giants.

I read he was arrested for underage drinking and running from the cops after he was caught (how the fuck did he not out run the cops lol) and then the ps2 incindent. Still, he's no pacman jones and I'm shocked so many teams let him fall that far. Either way I'm glad he landed with the Giants.

He did not have Snee or Diehl to help him bust through the first seam. :P