SportsWrath

Get your Dvd and Dvr's ready. 3/2/08

peeps

I thought about that..............lol........I gave up on my vhs 2 yrs ago because dvd recorders are so cheap nowadays......I saw them on sale at staples for 49.00 bucks. With that said...........I still have my small collection of 8-track cartridges from the mid 70's. but that's a sentimental thing though.

I thought about that..............lol........I gave up on my vhs 2 yrs ago because dvd recorders are so cheap nowadays......I saw them on sale at staples for 49.00 bucks. With that said...........I still have my small collection of 8-track cartridges from the mid 70's. but that's a sentimental thing though.

Yeah, I remember dad's old 8 tracks. He also had a juge record collection and a turn table.

You might have to wait but I heard on fathers day they are releasing a title called "Road to Glory" from NFL Films of all road playoff games. I have not yet heard about anything on Blu-Ray. I am selling my 360 and getting a PS3 just for the blu-ray.

Thanks...I wish the NFL would just sell the original broadcast on Blueray or even DVD..

Exactly. I want to see and here the same exact thing I saw live... I want to hear Buck and Aikman...

Btw, last night and this morning marks the 3rd time I watched the XLII DVD... i need to get a life :rolleyes:

I think it's unfair you leave out VHS in the thread title. <_<

In the future you won't need to have a physical media at home for stuff like this... you can just select a song or in this case a game and with a few clicks on your remote, you get to watch on your TV.. and get this.. everything is wireless.. and no cable box needed either. Directly from the vendor to your TV screen.

Of course I have no reason to believe this will happen anytime soon.. but that's what I've been wondering... we can launch a missile to hit any 50x50 area any place on earth.. and we still need the cable guy to come and put wires all over the place? :unsure:

In the future you won't need to have a physical media at home for stuff like this... you can just select a song or in this case a game and with a few clicks on your remote, you get to watch on your TV.. and get this.. everything is wireless.. and no cable box needed either. Directly from the vendor to your TV screen.

Of course I have no reason to believe this will happen anytime soon.. but that's what I've been wondering... we can launch a missile to hit any 50x50 area any place on earth.. and we still need the cable guy to come and put wires all over the place? :unsure:

I think apple has already got this going. but I haven't checked it out yet.

I think apple has already got this going. but I haven't checked it out yet.

not really- with appletv- you still need to download to your computer first- the set top box is merely a very feature rich adapter from comp to tv.

as for media streaming direct to your tv- i still think you need a set top box to convert it but you're right sometime in the future it will all be that way. the other issue is broadband speed is not fast enough yet to stream a program or movie in real time (without downloading first).

not really- with appletv- you still need to download to your computer first- the set top box is merely a very feature rich adapter from comp to tv.

as for media streaming direct to your tv- i still think you need a set top box to convert it but you're right sometime in the future it will all be that way. the other issue is broadband speed is not fast enough yet to stream a program or movie in real time (without downloading first).

There are many streaming boxes and they actually don't cost much anymore.

I am telling you, its a month later and I still am on cloud nine because of this team. Tonight when I get my kid to bed what am I gonna do? Crack open an Amstel, pretend its a cold evening in January and watch the DVD AGAIN .... FOR THE 5TH TIME :rock:

I am telling you, its a month later and I still am on cloud nine because of this team. Tonight when I get my kid to bed what am I gonna do? Crack open an Amstel, pretend its a cold evening in January and watch the DVD AGAIN .... FOR THE 5TH TIME :rock:

Ha.. 5th time? And I thought I was a low-life for watching it 3 times so far.. lol :rock:

A quote from Burress "we daaaaa beeeeeesssssst-t-t-t-t!"

(I so wanted to see the interview from Pam Oliver with Burress after he caught that winning td....Burress getting all emotional. It wasn't on the dVd)

A quote from Burress "we daaaaa beeeeeesssssst-t-t-t-t!"

(I so wanted to see the interview from Pam Oliver with Burress after he caught that winning td....Burress getting all emotional. It wasn't on the dVd)

I could watch these games until next season.........Damm, now we are spoiled.

I didn't get the DVD yet. I ordered the SI pack that included the dvd, book, and football but received nothing as of yet.

I'll tell one thing about Tom Coughlin........I have always belived that he could get it done. Tiki tried to turn the other players against him. but tiki was wrong. TC is the man.

Exactly. I want to see and here the same exact thing I saw live... I want to hear Buck and Aikman...

Btw, last night and this morning marks the 3rd time I watched the XLII DVD... i need to get a life :rolleyes:

...Why would you WANT to hear Buck and Aikman...? I hope it's to make fun of them and not for their 'commentary'

Necessary evil if you will.

It was good to hear the dissapointment in their voices when we kept winning....

Hahaha, this years playoffs made me do so bad in school...every game I was drinking like it was our last playoff game, haha, and we just kept going!

It was good to hear the dissapointment in their voices when we kept winning....

Hahaha, this years playoffs made me do so bad in school...every game I was drinking like it was our last playoff game, haha, and we just kept going!

I know, I was watching the Dallas game and Aikman goes:

"I think the Giants may have shot themselves in the foot with all these conservative calls."

My dad from another room goes "Who won the game asshole!"

How did you do bad? I didn't go back to school until the week before the Packer game.

I know, I was watching the Dallas game and Aikman goes:

"I think the Giants may have shot themselves in the foot with all these conservative calls."

My dad from another room goes "Who won the game asshole!"

How did you do bad? I didn't go back to school until the week before the Packer game.

well, I would just get trashed thinking there was a chance I'd be watching the last game of the season...(un?)fortunately, we kept winning and every Sunday I was getting trashed, haha. I was a mess after the Super Bowl....I'm in a fraternity, and like the entire frat are Giants fans, our house just erupted, it was great. A bunch of drunk bastards cheering like hell in front of a small ass, poor college student TV, haha, huddled, 20 to the room haha. So I'd be waking up mad hungover and not going to class haha.

Oh, and my Winter Break ended like early January, like the 10th...I go to the University at Buffalo...and for some reason, we go back to school before all the other SUNY Schools, it's weird.

well, I would just get trashed thinking there was a chance I'd be watching the last game of the season...(un?)fortunately, we kept winning and every Sunday I was getting trashed, haha. I was a mess after the Super Bowl....I'm in a fraternity, and like the entire frat are Giants fans, our house just erupted, it was great. A bunch of drunk bastards cheering like hell in front of a small ass, poor college student TV, haha, huddled, 20 to the room haha. So I'd be waking up mad hungover and not going to class haha.

Oh, and my Winter Break ended like early January, like the 10th...I go to the University at Buffalo...and for some reason, we go back to school before all the other SUNY Schools, it's weird.

Oh man, I tend to get violent during games (Comcast no longer likes me, I kept breaking

remotes at school) and do stupid stuff. I couldn't miss any of these games without my dad, so

I went home for the games and went home the next day.

Damn, that's really early...when did you get out for Christmas break? I got out pretty late in

December 20th and went back January 19th.

yah we got out like December 10th or something like that. It was like about a full month off, like you...just earlier I guess.

BTW, there's like 1 Packers fan and 1 Cowboys fan in my fraternity....needless to say, they were flipping tables and shit when they lost, and we had been getting at them all game, haha. And my one buddy like took off his Favre jersey and just chucked it.