SportsWrath

I wish there were more baseball fans

This used to be O's country and there were plenty of people to talk baseball with, now at my work I can literally think of 3 baseball fans I talk to. A Yanks fan, an O's fan and a Braves fan. I guess the O's sucking doesn't help the matter, but the Rangers have a Monopoly on sucking and I still like to watch and talk about the game. Around here people act like I'm weird for being a baseball fan. Nearly all of my baseball talk comes online, and I try to restrict myself here because I know everyone gets sick of my homer-style predictions of a perennial last place team.

If the Giants and LSU both wining Championships this year has taught me anything, it's that I like bragging and shit talking. So if the Rangers can somehow figure out how to play baseball and finish above .500, I'd like to share my thoughts with someone without typing.

I swear, every year at this time I get closer to moving to the Dallas area.

one of the reasons i moved to SF was to be able to go to some Giants games. The 3 games a year at Shea wasn't cutting it for me. When I first got here, I would to go to about 30-40 Giants games a year but now it's down to 20 or so.

one of the reasons i moved to SF was to be able to go to some Giants games. The 3 games a year at Shea wasn't cutting it for me. When I first got here, I would to go to about 30-40 Giants games a year but now it's down to 20 or so.

I have given a lot of thought to movine to the dallas-FW area, but I don't see me ever really leaving Virginia, even if I talk about it.

This used to be O's country and there were plenty of people to talk baseball with, now at my work I can literally think of 3 baseball fans I talk to. A Yanks fan, an O's fan and a Braves fan. I guess the O's sucking doesn't help the matter, but the Rangers have a Monopoly on sucking and I still like to watch and talk about the game. Around here people act like I'm weird for being a baseball fan. Nearly all of my baseball talk comes online, and I try to restrict myself here because I know everyone gets sick of my homer-style predictions of a perennial last place team.

If the Giants and LSU both wining Championships this year has taught me anything, it's that I like bragging and shit talking. So if the Rangers can somehow figure out how to play baseball and finish above .500, I'd like to share my thoughts with someone without typing.

I swear, every year at this time I get closer to moving to the Dallas area.

I understand the feeling...I live with fake fans and it just doesn't cut it. I dunno...the problem is either that people tend to specialize in a sport or two or else they just don't care.