SportsWrath

Cryboys get Thomas

so-cal dub

NFL Network says that he got a 1 year, 2 million dollar deal with another million in incentives. That's a friggin steal for a 7-time pro-bowler. The worst of it is, is that the Cowboys have two 1st round draft picks this year (no.s 22 and 28 overall), putting them in a great position to steal Hall as well, and still have a first round draft pick ahead of the Giants.

Cowboys suck! Luckily for us, they'll choke when it comes playoff time and the games matter.

Zach Thomas is a great player, or at least he was. I'm not sure if he's lost a step, and he's been pretty banged up. It's a good acquisition in terms of building some depth, but I can't see him as an every-down player at this point.

Zach Thomas of the Miami Dolphins. New England offered him a contract, but he chose Dallas so that means we'll face him twice (at least) this coming season.

I don't understand New England's love for these has beens. Anyway the guy will be lucky to make the whole season. A 1-15 Dolphins made him sit because of his major concussion issues.

I think this is a good move. 1 year at 2 million is virtually no risk at all. Zach Thomas still has some motor to him and he'll be motivated after the mess that has been Miami. Perhaps he didn't choose Miami because he didn't want to face the Dolphins twice a year, I believe he left on good terms.

Zach Thomas of the Miami Dolphins. New England offered him a contract, but he chose Dallas so that means we'll face him twice (at least) this coming season.

I thought he was past his prime. Unless he's on the same "vitamins" Junio Seau is on.

I thought he was past his prime. Unless he's on the same "vitamins" Junio Seau is on.

Heard it from Bluto that it was spinach....plenty of vitamin A....and H and G and another H. And some supplement that heals wounds quick that has the quirky side effect of building muscle mass while shrinking gonads....now what would that be? :rolleyes:

Cowboys got a steal with this guy. The two teams I didn't want him going to were New England and Dallas...oh well.

I think in Week 5 (the same week that Trent Green went down with concussions) Zach got in a car accident and experienced hardcore whiplash. He suffered migraines for the rest of the season and barely returned much the rest of the way.

If he can avoid the issue, Thomas will be a monster for them. He's still got a motor on him and he wants to win a ring before he retires. He's a very classy guy and saluted the Dolphins after they cut him.

Please have Jacobs take it easy on the guy.

Cowboys got a steal with this guy. The two teams I didn't want him going to were New England and Dallas...oh well.

I think in Week 5 (the same week that Trent Green went down with concussions) Zach got in a car accident and experienced hardcore whiplash. He suffered migraines for the rest of the season and barely returned much the rest of the way.

If he can avoid the issue, Thomas will be a monster for them. He's still got a motor on him and he wants to win a ring before he retires. He's a very classy guy and saluted the Dolphins after they cut him.

Tell him to duck.

Think he'll catch the T.O./Crayton Virus and become an asshole?

I think he can still be productive as long as he doesn't suffer anymore effects from the accident. 2 of his most productive seasons came in '05 and '06 and before he got hurt this past season he had 52 tackles in 5 games. For one year it's not a bad signing and you can never have enough linebacker depth.

I disagree.

You can't call him a steal, the guy hasn't played protective football in over a year. It's not risky at all and could have a decent reward, but as far as I'm concerned he's just the next Emmons/Arrington/Spikes to enter the East. Nothing but a name.

Wade will most likely try to incorporate him the same way he did Donnie Edwards, when those two are two different players.

Zach's a good player, but I remember Dolphins defenses doing great in the first half of the year and then falling apart in the second half. Zach was a part of both of those.

I disagree.

You can't call him a steal, the guy hasn't played protective football in over a year. It's not risky at all and could have a decent reward, but as far as I'm concerned he's just the next Emmons/Arrington/Spikes to enter the East. Nothing but a name.

Wade will most likely try to incorporate him the same way he did Donnie Edwards, when those two are two different players.

Zach's a good player, but I remember Dolphins defenses doing great in the first half of the year and then falling apart in the second half. Zach was a part of both of those.

ok, can't really argue too much there

As per the last part of the season, its called...THE DOLPHINS CAN'T HOLD THE BALL ON OFFENSE FOR MORE THAN 15 MINUTES IN THE GAME...meaning the Defense plays the other 45 minutes (obviously exaggerated, but you get the point). Any defense would wear down after a season like that, not to mention a 34 year old line backer.

Also, Miami had a top 5 defense in terms of yards 2 years ago, just the offense sucked. Not for nothing, and by no means am I a homer, but Thomas anchored the good Miami defenses of years past.