SportsWrath

Way too early for this, I'm bored

so-cal dub

These are our opponents for the 2008 schedule.

HOME: San Francisco, Seattle, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Carolina, Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington

AWAY: Arizona, St. Louis, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington

By looking at that schedule, what will our win loss record be?

I'm saying

10-6 again. Championship.... :)

I'm a little more optimistic than you are. I think the Giants could very well win the division and have 12 or 13 wins. They grew a set of nuts they didn't know they had towards the end of the season and the youngsters now have a year under their belt and will better understand the ins and outs of the NFL. I do not think Eli's late season "getting the job done" attitude was a fluke...I really believe he has turned the corner and is ready to be one of the big guns in the NFL.

That could be either a really hard schedule or a pretty soft schedule.

Baltimore, Cincy, Carolina,Arizona and ST. Louis could be really good or suck again.

Clevlend, Pitt and Minny should all be goo again and they're all away games.

San Fran< who knows? and Seattle again, at least at home.

And of course all the division games should be tough.

I'm a little more optimistic than you are. I think the Giants could very well win the division and have 12 or 13 wins. They grew a set of nuts they didn't know they had towards the end of the season and the youngsters now have a year under their belt and will better understand the ins and outs of the NFL. I do not think Eli's late season "getting the job done" attitude was a fluke...I really believe he has turned the corner and is ready to be one of the big guns in the NFL.

Man I couldn't have summarized my feelings better.

These are our opponents for the 2008 schedule.

HOME: San Francisco, Seattle, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Carolina, Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington

AWAY: Arizona, St. Louis, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington

By looking at that schedule, what will our win loss record be?

I'm saying

10-6 again. Championship.... :)

The Gmen are comin here again, sweet. This time I'll be able to get autographs, there wont be all the media security of the SB. :rock:

8-8

Eli sucks

Jacobs sucks

Bradshaw sucks

Shouldnt of signed Tynes or Feagles they both suck

Our D sucks

Our Coaches suck

We get beaten in the playoffs by the Arizona Cardinals

Superbowl is Cleveland Browns vs Arizona Cardinals.

/ESPN writer mode off.

I think we could go a solid 10-6 to 12-4 if we play up to our full potential.

Did anyone know this?

Jacobs running over 1000 yards in only 11 games, makes him one of 5 to EVER do that.

Thats a great stat. Let me ask this. How about his performance in the playoffs? He wasn't as much of a factor as he was in the season. He still came off with some good runs but he danced around a lot and got stuffed more than I expected. What was the cause of this? Being tired or just playing against much better defenses? The dancing around has to stop though and he just has to run with a head full of steam.

Me either, but I do have something to add. With this D under Spags for a second season, our D is going to be monster as well.

Yes of course.. and Spags will have say as to who we draft on the defensive side of the ball.

Thats a great stat. Let me ask this. How about his performance in the playoffs? He wasn't as much of a factor as he was in the season. He still came off with some good runs but he danced around a lot and got stuffed more than I expected. What was the cause of this? Being tired or just playing against much better defenses? The dancing around has to stop though and he just has to run with a head full of steam.

Well Jacobs is a big guy and you kind of have to take the good with the bad. The guy can't physically be a slasher.. he's too big and bulky. His style of running is smash mouth... but we know that type of style needs a head start... a couple of steps for him to get going.

When teams concentrate on stopping Jacobs, they're successful because they get to the ling of scrimmage before he does... thereby killing his momentum. That in itself A) Set up the Pass by forcing 1 on 1 coverage agasint our WRs... and B) even if Jacobs doesn't pile up lots of yards, the mere physical punishment defenses take sets up our offensive especially Bradshaw nicely in the 2nd half or the 4th quarter.

Really the key to the Giants in 2008 will be how they handle the success of being the World Champions and how hard they work, simple as that. There is too much talent all around this this team to not be at least in the playoffs. Our depth is as good or better than it has been in years, we have some young players at key positions who have not even reached their potential and more importantly we have stability in coaching.

Barring any catostrophic injuries this team should be better over 16 games then they were in 2007, the question will be can they be better in the playoffs than they were(almos impossible to do IMO) and how well they handle being the hunted.

I think you will read plenty of "well we are still the underdogs, get no respect etc etc" stuff come summer, it seems to be what fuels this team.

Really the key to the Giants in 2008 will be how they handle the success of being the World Champions and how hard they work, simple as that. There is too much talent all around this this team to not be at least in the playoffs. Our depth is as good or better than it has been in years, we have some young players at key positions who have not even reached their potential and more importantly we have stability in coaching.

Barring any catostrophic injuries this team should be better over 16 games then they were in 2007, the question will be can they be better in the playoffs than they were(almos impossible to do IMO) and how well they handle being the hunted.

I think you will read plenty of "well we are still the underdogs, get no respect etc etc" stuff come summer, it seems to be what fuels this team.

I think they have always had the talent....it's just that they went through a period where they didn't believe in their coaches and questioned Eli....finally questioning themselves. This past season saw them first believe in their coaches...then believe in Eli....and finally believing in themselves. I have to believe it will carry over into next season. It's unbelievable what a team can do once they really start believing in themselves and their coaches and teammates.

I couldn't have said better myself. I totally agree with you that biggest challenge this team faces (beside major injury) is how they handle 'success'. There's no reason to believe this team is not a playoff team next year. I don't know about us winning the division. Our division is too strong to make assuption. But I do believe we have to improve on offense (maybe get a speedy WR) and get a better FS.

I think they have always had the talent....it's just that they went through a period where they didn't believe in their coaches and questioned Eli....finally questioning themselves. This past season saw them first believe in their coaches...then believe in Eli....and finally believing in themselves. I have to believe it will carry over into next season. It's unbelievable what a team can do once they really start believing in themselves and their coaches and teammates.

They had Tim Lewis... 'nuff said :brooding:

This post set the record for most times one can use the word believe.

:P

J/K BTW I agree with what you say, teamwork is what this team needed. Ironically it seems to have started early last off season, when a certain self serving blowhard was no longer there.

J/K BTW I agree with what you say, teamwork is what this team needed. Ironically it seems to have started early last off season, when a certain self serving blowhard was no longer there.

'Zackly :TU:

Jim Finn?