SportsWrath

What's your opinion?

Dragon

Which Giants Super Bowl team is the BEST ever? I can't really say cause the only one that I was able to truly understand and appreciate was this team so I have a bias towards them. What do you all think?

This team definitely has the best storybook season.

But the '86 team was freakin' unbelievable.

Which Giants Super Bowl team is the BEST ever? I can't really say cause the only one that I was able to truly understand and appreciate was this team so I have a bias towards them. What do you all think?

Same here.

1990 was alot like this season. A team you knew was good, but never imagined they had enough to go all the way. When they did, it was such a joy because they accomplished so much. Maybe not the most talented teams in the league, but they had the most desire and heart.

2000 was definatley the worst team of the four. They were good, just the worst of the four.

NO DOUBT......1986 Giants. LB corp that featured an LT on top of his game, a record setting QB, a great rushing attack, it was a remarkable squad. Defense especially.

1990 was alot like this season. A team you knew was good, but never imagined they had enough to go all the way. When they did, it was such a joy because they accomplished so much. Maybe not the most talented teams in the league, but they had the most desire and heart.

2000 was definatley the worst team of the four. They were good, just the worst of the four.

NO DOUBT......1986 Giants. LB corp that featured an LT on top of his game, a record setting QB, a great rushing attack, it was a remarkable squad. Defense especially.

I'm sorry, but I disagree. It was clear to me that the 1990 team was going far after the first two games of that season. Certainly after the Miami game. They went 10-0, it was clear they could go all the way. The only time it was in doubt was after Simms was injured. And what does it say about a team that still wins the Superbowl after the starting QB is lost for the season?

The '90 LB core may have lost Carson, but the drop was down to Pepper Johnson, who would be an all-pro nowadays. That defense might have been older, but it wasn't any less ferocious.

The 1990 rushing attack was Hampton/Anderson. Carthon was still the bone-crushing FB. With the offensive line they had, that team could and did run against anybody. And I loved little Joe.

I would take the 1990 WRs over the '86 group anytime.

The record setting QB only set a Superbowl record that year. During the season, he was good, not great. In fact, I thought he was an exponentially better QB towards the end of his career than he was in 1986. Had Simms not been injured, I think the Superbowl wouldn't have been close.

Believe me, I waited a LONG time for what the 1986 team did, and I am not belittling their accomplishments by any stretch. That is still a special team to me. But I think the 1990 team was a stronger team.

'86 is easily the best. IMO, they are one of the top 3 all time teams with the 70s Steelers & Cowboys. They were absolutely dominant and you had no fear of them losing what-so-ever. I haven't seen another team like that to this day. This years Pats team would have been blown out 35-10, and Brady would have been sent to the morgue..... on the first drive....... after throwing a pick.

Now, the '90 Giants vs the 2007 Giants would be interesting. If Simms never got hurt, I'd go with the '90 team, but he did so the 2007 team may have a slight edge. Whoever wins that game does it in the final seconds on a field goal.

It's easy to call it for the most recent team however none of our victories were against a team like the Pats.

Not even close...this is the best and most exciting team because of who they played. The Broncs were done before the 4th, the Bills was a slow slug fest, but eve nthe Bills weren't the Pats. This was special and unique circumstance.

This is a special all-time team and performance.

I will thank my stars that this was of my era and during DirecTV's life, so I could see all of this year's games; I live in Ohio now.

It's easy to call it for the most recent team however none of our victories were against a team like the Pats.

Not even close...this is the best and most exciting team because of who they played. The Broncs were done before the 4th, the Bills was a slow slug fest, but eve nthe Bills weren't the Pats. This was special and unique circumstance.

This is a special all-time team and performance.

I will thank my stars that this was of my era and during DirecTV's life, so I could see all of this year's games; I live in Ohio now.

True, the Bills aren't the Pats, but the Pats aren't even close to the 1990 49'ers. Let's face it, that team was going for a third consecutive SB win before we came along, and did it in a much stronger league.

True, the Bills aren't the Pats, but the Pats aren't even close to the 1990 49'ers. Let's face it, that team was going for a third consecutive SB win before we came along, and did it in a much stronger league.

THERE WILL BE NO THREEPEAT!!! LOL!!! Too bad oh so sad Montana, Lott, Craig, Young, Burt the Traitor, and the rest of the 69'er trash. I think the 86 team was an unstoppable force on a mission. But it is a toss between 2007 and 1990 about which SB I enjoyed more. I would lean toward 07 because of all of the blatant Patsie suck offs in the media.

THERE WILL BE NO THREEPEAT!!! LOL!!! Too bad oh so sad Montana, Lott, Craig, Young, Burt the Traitor, and the rest of the 69'er trash. I think the 86 team was an unstoppable force on a mission. But it is a toss between 2007 and 1990 about which SB I enjoyed more. I would lean toward 07 because of all of the blatant Patsie suck offs in the media.

Oh, definitely. This year was almost as satisfying as '86--different reasons, though.

And while we were underdogs in '90, we were literally given no chance at all this year, so this SB was much more fun.

Who do you think wins?

2007 vs 1986

2007 vs 2000

2007 vs 1990

2000 vs 1990

2000 vs 1986

1986 vs 1990

1. 1986

2. 2007 all the way! Collins would have shit in his pants with this DL

3. 1990 would have won in a squeaker.

4. 1990 would have eaten them alive.

5. 1986 would have had to have the Marines play Taps at halftime because they would be leading by 50.

6. A toss-up....either team could win.

Who do you think wins?

2007 vs 1986

2007 vs 2000

2007 vs 1990

2000 vs 1990

2000 vs 1986

1986 vs 1990

2007 and it wouldn't be close

1990 (there would be a body count, especially if they were playing with the 1990 rule book.)

1986 (just take a handgun to Collins' head instead of putting him against that rush. Tiki would be fumbling like crazy; Dayne's back would be a solid green.)

1986 (If Simms has the same day he did during that Superbowl, if it becomes a running contest, 1990 wins.)