SportsWrath

Something that I picked up on during the Playoffs

Dragon

Osi seems to have fallen in love with trying to swipe the ball from the QB's hands. I don't have an issue with him doing that, but I saw him out of position A LOT due to him going after the ball rather than the QB. Am I seeing things or is he really running himself out of plays? :mellow:

Osi seems to have fallen in love with trying to swipe the ball from the QB's hands. I don't have an issue with him doing that, but I saw him out of position A LOT due to him going after the ball rather than the QB. Am I seeing things or is he really running himself out of plays? :mellow:

You're seeing things... but again, cause a fumble is better than just a sack.

You're seeing things... but again, cause a fumble is better than just a sack.

:brooding: I know. What I'm concerned about is him taking himself out of position while going for the strip rather than going for the sack.

Like I said I've really only seen it once. Maybe the rest of the times it's more of the tackle pushing him out that far.

Maybe... I did ask if I was seeing things, but is that any better? Osi shouldn't be getting schooled by anyone.

:brooding: I know. What I'm concerned about is him taking himself out of position while going for the strip rather than going for the sack.

I don't think that's the case at all. I saw the NE player push him out and he reached for the ball.. nothing wrong with that.

No one else seems to have seen it but I did too Dragon. I noticed he was always taking a wide path and while not going for the strip every time he seemed to be doing it alot.

He might have been taking the wide path deliberately..... think of it, most of the time he will draw the double team thus leaving the DT's one on one and a easier path to the QB.

I think with all the attention he commands now he has to get more creative in his attack. He's lining up very wide sometimes too, as Ragin pointed out it's probably part of Spags' plan.