SportsWrath

Why do so many "draft experts" think we'll pick a WR in 1st RD?

Not_Ldiggitty

Not as much as you think.

And not as many bad throws as you think :P

Meaning that atleast half of his INT's / incomplete passes are his fault the other half was the WR's....How many times did we see plax not streach out his arms or run the wrong route......Most of these problems will be fixed the more Eli gets with his WR this off season...Even if its in Miami

Yes, your eyes are deceiving you. I don't know what I say that can be construed as a compliment. I just said that the thread isn't about Manning. It's about the weakness of the WR position on the Giants. If someone wants to get into an Eli Manning bashing party, that shouldn't be too hard to arrange.

Listen to Mr. Backtrack..... :LMAO: Check your quoted post in my post...the part in bold...it's in Nemesis' too and tell me that's not a compliment.

If anything Sigmund Freud would be happy.

Guest Carbo
Listen to Mr. Backtrack..... :LMAO: Check your quoted post in my post...the part in bold...it's in Nemesis' too and tell me that's not a compliment.

If anything Sigmund Freud would be happy.

That's a stretch to even call that a backhanded compliment. But, OK, I had a weak moment and I said Helicopter doesn't suck.

Yes, your eyes are deceiving you. I don't know what I say that can be construed as a compliment. I just said that the thread isn't about Manning. It's about the weakness of the WR position on the Giants. If someone wants to get into an Eli Manning bashing party, that shouldn't be too hard to arrange.

You complimented Eli simply by comparing him to the likes of his brother or Joe Montana, saying he is only one marquee WR away from achieving their status....

Why do so many "draft experts" think we'll pick a WR in 1st RD?

Latest mock draft from FOXSports.com

Don't these people know that we have other glaring needs that have to be addressed before WR? I really hate self-proclaimed "experts"...and not only that, why IF we WERE going to draft a WR, why wouldn't it be Sinorice Moss? These guys are silly....

Because teams don't always draft according to need. The goal of any rationally directed team is to solve needs through free agency and "draft with an open mind" as Ernie Accorsi puts it.

Why not Sinorice Moss? Maybe because he's 5'8 and scored 3 TDs in his college. Size and production as red flags = not first round material.

If we fill up our other needs like LB with Arrington and maybe a DT and there are no CBs really deserving a first round pick, I can see us taking a chance on Moss with our first rounder. But that's a big if. I also could see us trading down in that scenario and if we're lucky, get some picks and maybe still get Moss.

Because teams don't always draft according to need. The goal of any rationally directed team is to solve needs through free agency and "draft with an open mind" as Ernie Accorsi puts it.

Why not Sinorice Moss? Maybe because he's 5'8 and scored 3 TDs in his college. Size and production as red flags = not first round material.

Well it seems we won't achieve our goal in free agency. DT and LB...

We did cover our secondary problem okay...

Guest Carbo
If we fill up our other needs like LB with Arrington and maybe a DT and there are no CBs really deserving a first round pick, I can see us taking a chance on Moss with our first rounder. But that's a big if. I also could see us trading down in that scenario and if we're lucky, get some picks and maybe still get Moss.
If the Giants draft Moss in the first round, or any round for that matter, I will perform a strip tease, record it, and post it here for all to enjoy.

Guest Carbo
I don't want him anymore. :TD:
Says you. I've already received a number of PM's asking for advance copies. The guilty parties shall remain nameless. :ph34r:

Guest Nutty Sack
Well it seems we won't achieve our goal in free agency. DT and LB...

We did cover our secondary problem okay...

There is still some hope but the clock is ticking. If we don't sign two DT's from the list of remaining choices, I don't care what EA did to the secondary. He failed the Giant fan base miserably.

I started a thread a couple of days ago about trading up for a tackle and everyone was like "we're getting a LB, and don't need to trade up" and I was like "we're going to draft more offense than you guys think, I bet," and then you guys killed my pretty thread talking about trading Shockey for a draft pick (my thread deserved a better death than that--Hitler died with more dignity). Well, suddenly we're debating WRs. So maybe my scenario isn't so far from the realm of possibilities, is it? :P

But unless we sign a LB in FA, this is moot. Probably a DT as well, although a part of me wants to see if all the hoarding of Allen, Duckett, and Seawright was worth the time. Call me a masochist.

• 1 month later...