SportsWrath

Why do so many "draft experts" think we'll pick a WR in 1st RD?

Not_Ldiggitty

Latest mock draft from FOXSports.com

Don't these people know that we have other glaring needs that have to be addressed before WR? I really hate self-proclaimed "experts"...and not only that, why IF we WERE going to draft a WR, why wouldn't it be Sinorice Moss? These guys are silly....

They get paid to write. Correct or not they still get paid.

Guest Carbo
Latest mock draft from FOXSports.com

Don't these people know that we have other glaring needs that have to be addressed before WR? I really hate self-proclaimed "experts"...and not only that, why IF we WERE going to draft a WR, why wouldn't it be Sinorice Moss? These guys are silly....

Yes, it is sad that the Giants have numerous "glaring needs", wide receiver being just one of them. And the Giants do need to address this gaping chasm first. And if the Front Office wakes up and does pursue a WR it damn well better not be a 5'2" Super Gnat wanna-be. Sinorice Moss? Puleezzee. . .

probably because other than burress who do we have? yes toomer is still servicable, but he's getting old and will retire in the next couple years, maybe be released. beyond that, nobody has shown any motivation to step up and be a good receiver. carter? taylor? tyree? ponder?

Yes, it is sad that the Giants have numerous "glaring needs", wide receiver being just one of them. And the Giants do need to address this gaping chasm first. And if the Front Office wakes up and does pursue a WR it damn well better not be a 5'2" Super Gnat wanna-be. Sinorice Moss? Puleezzee. . .

So, for you, WR is a priority over DT, LB and even CB at this point?

Guest Carbo
So, for you, WR is a priority over DT, LB and even CB at this point?
Yes. I grew weary, very weary, of a Giants offense that went three and out from midseason on. And apparently, the many "draft experts" agree that was, and remains, a huge problem for the Giants.

Yes. I grew weary, very weary, of a Giants offense that went three and out from midseason on. And apparently, the many "draft experts" agree that was, and remains, a huge problem for the Giants.

Funny, at the same time, I grew weary, very weary, of opposing offenses converting on 3rd and long against a defense that had no secondary to speak of and other holes up front due to injuries and lack of talent....didn't you?

Guest Carbo
Funny, at the same time, I grew weary, very weary, of opposing offenses converting on 3rd and long against a defense that had no secondary to speak of and other holes up front due to injuries and lack of talent....didn't you?
Absolutely. But it appears the Front Office has done their best in addressing the porous secondary. The injuries to the linebacker position was unprecedented, and most likely won't happen again this year. I mean, can lightning strike twice? That leaves that awful three-and-out O. Gimme a Jerry Rice clone, please.

Absolutely. But it appears the Front Office has done their best in addressing the porous secondary. The injuries to the linebacker position was unprecedented, and most likely won't happen again this year. I mean, can lightning strike twice? That leaves that awful three-and-out O. Gimme a Jerry Rice clone, please.

On O, I'd actually rather have a real, live LT before going after a WR, but unless we're picking in the top 10, we're still stuck with Puke....and while the FO has done a nice job of scooping up talent for the secondary, we're still not secure at DT and, yes, LB..."most likely" won't happen again? I wouldn't want to gamble and find out....we still need to address those positions

(gulp) I hate to say this because it going to open a whole can of garbage. but you can't fault the WR or TE for the 3 and outs problems. I actually blame Eli and the O-line for this.

C'mon, how many times was Shockey and Burress was WIDE open and Eli couldn't hit them? How many times was the O 3 and 2, and then one of the O-linemen got hit with a false start. believe me, I think the WR are the last people to blame for this.

(gulp) I hate to say this because it going to open a whole can of garbage. but you can't fault the WR or TE for the 3 and outs problems. I actually blame Eli and the O-line for this.

C'mon, how many times was Shockey and Burress was WIDE open and Eli couldn't hit them? How many times was the O 3 and 2, and then one of the O-linemen got hit with a false start. believe me, I think the WR are the last people to blame for this.

Oh shit. Here we go....

Hey, it's the truth, man....I was actually just gonna say the same thing...for a guy that was always hammering Eli over his errant throws, now he blames the WR's??? and then there's Puke.... :puke:

Hey, it's the truth, man....I was actually just gonna say the same thing...for a guy that was always hammering Eli over his errant throws, now he blames the WR's??? and then there's Puke.... :puke:

That's why most people don't get the 4 fags. They have no point to their arguments.

Guest Carbo

That's why most people don't get the 4 fags. They have no point to their arguments.
Hold on! Go back and read the title to this thread. It's asking why so many are suggesting the Giants will go with a WR in the first round. I'm addressing that question. I'm not bringing Manning into this thread because it isn't what the thread is supposed to be about. If you want to get into an Eli bashing thread, go for it. I'm sure we'll all have a few things to say. In the meantime, this thread has no place for discussion about Helicopter. Besides, the Giants, even if they had the number one pick overall, would not be drafting a QB. So why bother? Short of a career ending injury or a complete failure on his part, Manning is here to stay. So, back on topic, let's get him a legit WR so the Giants can have a record setting tandem along the lines of Peyton and Marvin, Montana and Rice, . . .McNabb and Owens. . .hehehe

Hold on! Go back and read the title to this thread. It's asking why so many are suggesting the Giants will go with a WR in the first round. I'm addressing that question. I'm not bringing Manning into this thread because it isn't what the thread is supposed to be about. If you want to get into an Eli bashing thread, go for it. I'm sure we'll all have a few things to say. In the meantime, this thread has no place for discussion about Helicopter. Besides, the Giants, even if they had the number one pick overall, would not be drafting a QB. So why bother? Short of a career ending injury or a complete failure on his part, Manning is here to stay. So, back on topic, let's get him a legit WR so the Giants can have a record setting tandem along the lines of Peyton and Marvin, Montana and Rice, . . .McNabb and Owens. . .hehehe

If my eyes don't deceive me I think we have our first Eli compliment from any of you....

You do how ever bash Eli for all the Giants misfortunes but now are saying he needs a WR and it is this glaring hole that will make the team much improved. Flip/flop. On Giants.com we needed to replace Eli with anyone to get better.

I see what your saying But, how many times have we seen Eli throw a good pass only to have it droped or bounce of the receivers hands and in to the hands of the D

Guest Lockhart
I see what your saying But, how many times have we seen Eli throw a good pass only to have it droped or bounce of the receivers hands and in to the hands of the D

The words "Eli" and "good pass" are never in the same sentence, although one could say "Eli couldn't throw a good pass, if his live depended on it".

The words "Eli" and "good pass" are never in the same sentence, although one could say "Eli couldn't throw a good pass, if his live depended on it".

So now you disagree with each other. Is there a problem in fag camp?

:clap:

Guest Carbo
If my eyes don't deceive me I think we have our first Eli compliment from any of you....

You do how ever bash Eli for all the Giants misfortunes but now are saying he needs a WR and it is this glaring hole that will make the team much improved. Flip/flop. On Giants.com we needed to replace Eli with anyone to get better.

Yes, your eyes are deceiving you. I don't know what I say that can be construed as a compliment. I just said that the thread isn't about Manning. It's about the weakness of the WR position on the Giants. If someone wants to get into an Eli Manning bashing party, that shouldn't be too hard to arrange.