SportsWrath

NFL is plotting against us already

fringe

Roger Goodell wants to make it so that in the first round of the playoffs, division winners wouldn't automatically have a home game. If they played a wildcard team that had a better record, the wild card team would get the game in their own crib.

The idea is that it gives teams more incentive to play hard throughout the end of the regular season, so we don't end up seeing something like a Charlie Batch vs. Jim Sorgi matchup in Week 17.

For example, this year, the Bucs couldn't have sat on their hands in weeks 16 and 17, knowing they had their division sewn up. If they wanted to play a home game in the first round, they'd have had to take the field in Week 17 with a line-up a with a little more firepower than was brought to the table by Luke McCown, Michael Bennett, and Chad Lucas.

I'm not opposed to this idea, necessarily. It makes perfect sense, and a team with a better record probably deserves a home game.

However, if it was put to a vote, I'd vote no, and here's why: If there's a coach out there who saw the Colts and Bucs tank the end of this season, and saw the Giants put forth a gargantuan effort with nothing to play for in Week 17, and then saw what happened in the playoffs, and that coach is still dumb enough to be letting his players collect rust over the last two weeks of the season, then I'm opposed to the league stepping in and saving this coach from his own idiocy.

If this year's postseason didn't hammer home the "tanking is bad" message for a coach, then he deserves a savage beatdown in the playoffs next year.

IN THIS SCENARIO WE WOULD HAVE PLAYED A HOME GAME -YIKES!- :cwy:

IN THIS SCENARIO WE WOULD HAVE PLAYED A HOME GAME -YIKES!- :cwy:

:lol: Sad thing is it didn't dawn on me how this rule could possibly hurt us. I think we'll be a much better home team next year, though. I am hoping our fans have enough class to give Eli at least a two year pass, and I think he'll have a much bigger comfort zone without having to worry about that stuff.

I like this scenario, especially as an NFC east team, where us as the best(yes we are the best) have other equal teams that might actually be better than another divisions winner.

Let's say the Giants win the east next year with a 9 and 7 record. (Not going to happen,

as the Giants will have to win atleast 12) They are in the playoffs and now have to play

on the road because a team in the NFC South has a 10 and 6. I can pretty much you

guys on here would be in a riot. Why fix something that isn't broken Roger?

:lol: Sad thing is it didn't dawn on me how this rule could possibly hurt us. I think we'll be a much better home team next year, though. I am hoping our fans have enough class to give Eli at least a two year pass, and I think he'll have a much bigger comfort zone without having to worry about that stuff.

I fuly expect a better home record in 08. Its time we make Giant stadium what it was from 1984-1990, a place that no one wanted to EVER play at.

Think about it from 1985 to 1993 we lost only 1 home playoff game(a fluke at that). We held some of the most potent offenses of that time to miniscule amounts of points. The Niners to 3 in 85, 3 again in 86, shutout the Skins in 86, held the Bears to a FG in 1990 and the Vikes to 10 in 1993.

Its time Giant stadium becomes what it was.

No, but do you think a division champ should be penalized?

Actually I agree with the commish. Why should TB get a home game when we had a better record? This makes perfect sense.. I believe xxi complained about our game being at TB instead of TB playing at NY.. for that very reason.