SportsWrath

This Shockey isn't needed baloney

Lubeck

Obviously you all know that the media and some fans are talking about how Shockey getting injured coincided with the offense, and Manning, clicking. Some are even being absurd enough to suggest trading Shockey because Boss did so well.

Lets be clear about one thing people. Shockey is a far better athlete, a far better receiver, and a far better blocker than Boss. The biggest negative he has is his attitude. And quite frankly I will say that if his attitude was what caused the change, then he does deserve to go. But to trade him now would not only tick off the team I think but would not be fair to Shockey. Give him a year before dismissing what he means to the team.

Obviously you all know that the media and some fans are talking about how Shockey getting injured coincided with the offense, and Manning, clicking. Some are even being absurd enough to suggest trading Shockey because Boss did so well.

Lets be clear about one thing people. Shockey is a far better athlete, a far better receiver, and a far better blocker than Boss. The biggest negative he has is his attitude. And quite frankly I will say that if his attitude was what caused the change, then he does deserve to go. But to trade him now would not only tick off the team I think but would not be fair to Shockey. Give him a year before dismissing what he means to the team.

I think its spelled ....BOLOGNA. It works in the song a little better. :P

Shockey and Boss, two TE set.

Masterful :flex:

It has nothing to do with Shockey and everything to do with Gibride pulling his fucking head out of his ass.

Agreed! If he called the plays during the regular season like he did during the last two games of the regular season and the playoffs..... :P

Shockey irritates the hell out of me, but I wouldn't get rid of him. If he would stop the stupidity, (arm waving, arguing with refs while the ball is still in play, etc.) I'd be all for him. Hopefully, he gets the hamster on it's wheel this coming season.

As far as Boss' blocking is concerned, there aren't too many TEs with receiving skills that come into the league and are able to block well right away. If you'll recall, Shockey needed work in that aspect early on as well. So I wouldn't be too worried about that at this point. I suspect Boss' blocking will improve noticeably next season. Just the weight-training alone will help with that.

Potentially, this could be the best TE combo we've had since Bavaro/Mowatt.

Guest StrahansGap

I love Shockey. Always have and always will. But do we really need him that bad? He's a little overrated and quite frankly, he drops alot of passes. Now I will pose a question to all of you. Would you turn down a trade of Shockey for a comparable player such as a linebacker like Jonathan Vilma? I would make the trade in a heartbeat.

I love Shockey. Always have and always will. But do we really need him that bad? He's a little overrated and quite frankly, he drops alot of passes. Now I will pose a question to all of you. Would you turn down a trade of Shockey for a comparable player such as a linebacker like Jonathan Vilma? I would make the trade in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't want Vilma here, ever since his ProBowl year he hasn't really done much. Not to mention I find him more of a 3-4 LB.

You couldn't be more wrong Blue. He is a 4-3 middle linebacker. When they changed to 3-4 his production tanked. He doesn't do well having to go up against guards on a regular basis. Still a great athlete but definitely NOT a 3-4 linebacker.

Guest StrahansGap
I wouldn't want Vilma here, ever since his ProBowl year he hasn't really done much. Not to mention I find him more of a 3-4 LB.

You wouldn't take Vilma as a weak side LB? Mitchell is great but he is a FA and will likely want alot of money. And Vilma hasn't done much because he gets doubled every play due to the fact he's one of the two playmakers on their entire D.

Guest StrahansGap
What makes you think mitchell will want a lot of money? He played well but not Lance Briggs well.

He signed a 1 year deal with us with hopes that if he played well, he would get a significant raise. He played pretty well didn't he?

Again...Shockey has never had more than 5 drops in a season. And he only had 3 this year.

Thank you.

I also don't believe he was running the wrong routes on every second play.

I highly doubt it. But if there is a chance Shockey was running the wrong route every other play, like they are saying. Then I blame the coaches more than I blame Shockey. Whenever a player is incosistantly bad, they have to bench him. I don't care how much money he's making, how much of a star he is. He needs to be benched. So I seriously doubt, knowing what type of coach Coughlin is, that he would allow that kind of play from Shockey...or any player for that matter.

I highly doubt it. But if there is a chance Shockey was running the wrong route every other play, like they are saying. Then I blame the coaches more than I blame Shockey. Whenever a player is incosistantly bad, they have to bench him. I don't care how much money he's making, how much of a star he is. He needs to be benched. So I seriously doubt, knowing what type of coach Coughlin is, that he would allow that kind of play from Shockey...or any player for that matter.

OC seems to get a different deal though. :brooding: