SportsWrath

Fanboy

BIGBLUE01

I had to post this, its a neat little read about what fanboy(a reporter giving mediaday reports) saw and who he talked to. But mostly for the last sentence in the story.....lol, not even the players can accept the truth. :rolleyes:

Super Bowl check-in

FanBoy had some free time, so it was time for a sojourn to the Super Bowl media center, and if you're gonna make a sojourn this is one worth making.

Saw Brett Favre and Fred Taylor there. They were in town to accept their FedEx Air and Ground Player of the Year Awards. Best part of that show was emcee Phil Simms raking some fotog over the coals, asking him if he was still selling the onetime Giants QBs images (we presume they were shots taken on the field of play). Who knew Simms was funny, even if he can't come with Jon Stewart 's name at the end of a Daily Show interview?

Before we get to Super Bow stuff, Favre wouldn't say whether he's coming back next season. Then one yutz asked if the "fans in Green Bay would have him back." Honest. And they didn't even take his credential away.

As for Sunday, Favre seemingly was on board with everyone else, the Giants are a justifiable heavy underdog against the 18-0 Patriots, but -- and for what it's worth FanBoy agrees -- he thinks the Week 17 game (38-35 Patriots win at the Meadowlands) could play a part.

"They remind me a lot of Indianapolis from last year," he said of the Patriots. "And we played Indianapolis a couple of years ago and it just seemed like no matter how much we scored they were just gonna do it when they had to.

"The Giants, to be totally honest with you, had a great game plan against them several weeks ago in what was a meaningless game, I think turned out to be meaningful. Both teams played all their guys and played hard, and (the Giants) had a chance to win it. Play 'em that way again, and make one less mistake than the Patriots do, which they don't make many."

While Taylor gave the Giants a chance, it wasn't much.

"You can't make a lot of turnovers versus them. You can't make mistakes against them," Taylor said. "Tom Brady, like this guy (Favre), is one of the best to ever play the game. So calm, cool in the pocket. And he has the weapons. Underneath game, he's patient. He has a deep threat in Randy (Moss), so it's hard to beat them. If the Giants put together a very good game, it's possible."

Ah, but Favre and Taylor weren't the only dignitaries we spotted while trolling Radio Row. Archie Manning was there, but FanBoy couldn't get within arm's length. Same with Tony Gonzalez, Kellen Winslow (the senior, not the motorcycle-wrecking son) and Mike Ditka, too. However, former Cowboys guard Nate Newton (insert your trunk full of pot line here) was very forthcoming, and outlined the Giants' chances.

"You can't let these guys (Patriots) score every time they hit the 20," said Newton, a stalwart during the Cowboys 1990s teams that won 3 rings in 4 years, including SB XXX at Sun Devil Stadium. "You gotta make them kick a couple of field goals. If you don't make them kick a couple of field goals -- they're gonna be inside the 20 a lot -- they're gonna see their 20 four or five times, but two or three of those times, they gotta be field goals.

"It can't be touchdowns. It can't."

And how would his Cowboys stack up against the Patriots?

"Ain't no doubt, I think we could get 'em," Newton said.

Not sure about us, but they would win w/o a doubt. :LMAO:

I had to post this, its a neat little read about what fanboy(a reporter giving mediaday reports) saw and who he talked to. But mostly for the last sentence in the story.....lol, not even the players can accept the truth. :rolleyes:

Super Bowl check-in

FanBoy had some free time, so it was time for a sojourn to the Super Bowl media center, and if you're gonna make a sojourn this is one worth making.

Saw Brett Favre and Fred Taylor there. They were in town to accept their FedEx Air and Ground Player of the Year Awards. Best part of that show was emcee Phil Simms raking some fotog over the coals, asking him if he was still selling the onetime Giants QBs images (we presume they were shots taken on the field of play). Who knew Simms was funny, even if he can't come with Jon Stewart 's name at the end of a Daily Show interview?

Before we get to Super Bow stuff, Favre wouldn't say whether he's coming back next season. Then one yutz asked if the "fans in Green Bay would have him back." Honest. And they didn't even take his credential away.

As for Sunday, Favre seemingly was on board with everyone else, the Giants are a justifiable heavy underdog against the 18-0 Patriots, but -- and for what it's worth FanBoy agrees -- he thinks the Week 17 game (38-35 Patriots win at the Meadowlands) could play a part.

"They remind me a lot of Indianapolis from last year," he said of the Patriots. "And we played Indianapolis a couple of years ago and it just seemed like no matter how much we scored they were just gonna do it when they had to.

"The Giants, to be totally honest with you, had a great game plan against them several weeks ago in what was a meaningless game, I think turned out to be meaningful. Both teams played all their guys and played hard, and (the Giants) had a chance to win it. Play 'em that way again, and make one less mistake than the Patriots do, which they don't make many."

While Taylor gave the Giants a chance, it wasn't much.

"You can't make a lot of turnovers versus them. You can't make mistakes against them," Taylor said. "Tom Brady, like this guy (Favre), is one of the best to ever play the game. So calm, cool in the pocket. And he has the weapons. Underneath game, he's patient. He has a deep threat in Randy (Moss), so it's hard to beat them. If the Giants put together a very good game, it's possible."

Ah, but Favre and Taylor weren't the only dignitaries we spotted while trolling Radio Row. Archie Manning was there, but FanBoy couldn't get within arm's length. Same with Tony Gonzalez, Kellen Winslow (the senior, not the motorcycle-wrecking son) and Mike Ditka, too. However, former Cowboys guard Nate Newton (insert your trunk full of pot line here) was very forthcoming, and outlined the Giants' chances.

"You can't let these guys (Patriots) score every time they hit the 20," said Newton, a stalwart during the Cowboys 1990s teams that won 3 rings in 4 years, including SB XXX at Sun Devil Stadium. "You gotta make them kick a couple of field goals. If you don't make them kick a couple of field goals -- they're gonna be inside the 20 a lot -- they're gonna see their 20 four or five times, but two or three of those times, they gotta be field goals.

"It can't be touchdowns. It can't."

And how would his Cowboys stack up against the Patriots?

"Ain't no doubt, I think we could get 'em," Newton said.

Not sure about us, but they would win w/o a doubt. :LMAO:

Because approximately 8 other people have viewed this treasure trove of information and the valuable nugget you highlighted, and because all 8 failed to comment, let me thank you for your efforts on behalf of the entire Sportswrath Community. While we are here, allow me to ask you how Nate Newton was supposed to respond when asked about his former team: Specifically, should he have put on an Eli Manning jersey and declared that this year's Giants is the only team in the history of the NFL that has any legitimate shot whatsoever against this undefeated Patriots squad?

Please...think carefully before you type. And don't hurt yourself.

Because approximately 8 other people have viewed this treasure trove of information and the valuable nugget you highlighted, and because all 8 failed to comment, let me thank you for your efforts on behalf of the entire Sportswrath Community. While we are here, allow me to ask you how Nate Newton was supposed to respond when asked about his former team: Specifically, should he have put on an Eli Manning jersey and declared that this year's Giants is the only team in the history of the NFL that has any legitimate shot whatsoever against this undefeated Patriots squad?

Hey, I'll post anything that I can when it comes to talking shit about the cowboys. Weak or not. I wasnt trying to win a pulitzer or anything, and could care less who replies to this or not. You're dumass did, so if this is such a corny post, why'd you respond?

And yeah, the answer to your question, is yes. We beat your overrated team, so NEwton needs to put on whatever Giant gear around and talk about how if any team has a chance to beat the Pats, its the NFC Champs, not some coke artist of a team.

Hey, I'll post anything that I can when it comes to talking shit about the cowboys. Weak or not. I wasnt trying to win a pulitzer or anything, and could care less who replies to this or not. You're dumass did, so if this is such a corny post, why'd you respond?

And yeah, the answer to your question, is yes. We beat your overrated team, so NEwton needs to put on whatever Giant gear around and talk about how if any team has a chance to beat the Pats, its the NFC Champs, not some coke artist of a team.

LOL....I meant to type, CHOKE artist, but I believe this fits too! :LMAO:

But the specific question was on the Cowboys. And if you are referring to the 90's team when you say "coke", I will remind you that no Giants team has come close accomplishing what they had. Print that in three inch headlines, Superfan...

But the specific question was on the Cowboys. And if you are referring to the 90's team when you say "coke", I will remind you that no Giants team has come close accomplishing what they had. Print that in three inch headlines, Superfan...

You're right. The Giants didnt even know where to FIND that much cocaine. :rolleyes:

:doh: Lawrence Taylor anyone? Or is his drug use okay cause he was a New York

Giant?

No, it wasnt. But one guy compared to numerous cowboys, and dallas players were invloved with weed and other stuff too. Damn, golfin, you had to point that out, huh? :P

lol, yeah this year's Giants IS the only team in the history (or present) of the NFL that has any legitimate shot whatsoever against this undefeated Patriots squad.

If you didn't already know that, you're an idiot.

There's one game left, and only two teams left to play it.

Guess who.

lol, yeah this year's Giants IS the only team in the history (or present) of the NFL that has any legitimate shot whatsoever against this undefeated Patriots squad.

If you didn't already know that, you're an idiot.

There's one game left, and only two teams left to play it.

Guess who.

He knows who, he just wont admit the truth.He's a pussy.