SportsWrath

Spags to interview with Wasington

BIGBLUE01

January 31, 2008

Spags to interview with Skins

Steve Spagnuolo, the Giants’ defensive coordinator, is expected to be interviewed by the Washington Redskins for their head coaching vacancy on either Monday or Tuesday, according to multiple NFL sources.

The interview is expected to be conducted somewhere in the Phoenix area, since Redskins owner Dan Snyder will be in town for Super Bowl XLII.

Snyder does not need to get permission from the Giants to talk to Spagnuolo once the game is over on Sunday night.

Spagnuolo, of course, can still decline the invitation, though he probably won’t. Unless he knocks Snyder’s socks off, though, he’s not likely to get the job. Jim Fassel is still the odds-on favorite to become the next Redskins coach.

The Giants, by the way, plan to depart Phoenix around noon on Monday, win or lose.

CB Kevin Dockery (hip) and LG Rich Seubert (knee) took about half the reps in practice yesterday and are expected to do a little more today, according to Tom Coughlin.

Former Giants GM Ernie Accorsi is due to arrive in Phoenix with the rest of the Giants’ family and friends later today.

DE Osi Umenyiora, wearing the Super Bowl version of the Giants “Talk is cheap” T-shirt, took the message to heart and even apologized to Patriots LT Matt Light, whom he ripped in an interview on HBO last week.

“I want to apologize to Matt Light for calling him a dirty player,” Umenyiora said. “He’s really not a dirty player at all. I apologize. That’s my fault. I’m sorry Matt Light. I didn’t mean anything by that. I didn’t mean to cause a whole hoopla or ruckus. It was between me and you and we’ll see each other on Sunday. I love you man.”

Why even interview, if Fassel is going to get it. Dont waste your time Spags, stay with a winner.

Because it is an invaluable experience to be interviewed for a HC position. He has never been interviewed for the position before and the practice will help him down the road.

Good point, I just really dont want him to go to Wash more than anything. <_<

Good point, I just really dont want him to go to Wash more than anything. <_<

Oh trust me I do not either but I wouldn't deny the man the experience. Perhaps he could even get a nugget of info on the Skins. But if he leaves after one season to coach the Skins.....blasphemy.

Oh trust me I do not either but I wouldn't deny the man the experience. Perhaps he could even get a nugget of info on the Skins. But if he leaves after one season to coach the Skins.....blasphemy.

Yeah, he deserves the recognition at the very least, he's earned that.

Blasphemy....lol, I used that exact word when describing Parcells a few years back.